Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Warriors are usually a tough matchup for me. This one wasn't so bad though.
Just wait until he unloads Grommash + Whirlwind and hits you for 10
tongue.png

Antonidas is a lot more useful these days with spare parts all over the place. Auctioneer was nerfed because of them but he was overlooked. But I'm glad. He gives Mages a win condition and spare parts + Antonidas is part of why Mages are viable again.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Control warrior as well has a good match up versus most of the field right now. If you play 2x whirlwind and BGH
Indeed, just went 10-1 w/ control warrior this afternoon. Not running bgh though, normally have enough removal between the 2 executes and shield slams. Tweaked a few cards around the past couple of days and been doing pretty good with this decklist.

Warrior - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

Swapped rag out w/ kel'thuzad and I'm pleased with the results so far.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Starting a 24 hour stream, will be Hearthstone mostly for quite a while. People should come hang out! Link in sig

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Fun build and seems to be doing ok for now. I'm sure most people assume that it's going to be a typical control warrior until the combo comes out. Was this build more prevalent when the game was younger?
rrr_img_88786.jpg

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Starting a 24 hour stream, will be Hearthstone mostly for quite a while. People should come hang out! Link in sig
I got roped into a mafia game, so Mafia instead of Hearthstone for a bit. More Hearthstone later.

Also this arena I was in has been troll as fuck. I lost a game to a priest who ended up with a 9/9 lightwell and had that shit out for like 8 turns while I just couldn't answer it. Then I lost to the Shaman who faceless'd my Sea Giant, later into Windfury Rockbiter Bloodlust -_-

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Was this build more prevalent when the game was younger?
You missed out on the Gorehowl/Alexstrasza/Charge/Warsong Commander/Youthful Brewmaster/Molten Giant shenanigans. That shit was hilarious, but they nerfed most of the parts into the ground during beta. The current Worgen build is probably the closest thing you can get to it anymore. Works real well on the Asia server for me when I get a Warrior daily where I don't have any Legendaries to speak of. People just don't expect 28 damage to the face from an empty board anymore.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, Kel'Thuzad seems amazing, I don't know why I haven't played/seen him played more.

I love how two armorsmiths can quickly win you a game. Just got the right draws and won against a hunter who literally did not get me below 30 health.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I get combo'd out in arena and unreal amount of the time. Just had a guy Raging Worgen > Cruel Taskmaster > Rampage, and even had an Earthen Ring Farseer to heal it 3 IN THE FIRST 6 CARDS

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fun build and seems to be doing ok for now. I'm sure most people assume that it's going to be a typical control warrior until the combo comes out. Was this build more prevalent when the game was younger?
I've seen people running it for the past month or two, but standard control warrior is much more popular. That combo jobber is pretty frustrating to play against when it all comes together.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lvling classes to 60 really takes some time in this game. I started out on a quest like 6 months ago, to get golden chillwind yetis and now after all this time I'm finally to lvls 55/56 to get them. Of course I played all the classes in that time, but still, seems like it took a lot of warrioring to get there.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just opened gazlowe. Is he useful in any deck?
I'm playing with him alot, Paladin and Druid are strongest IMO (best 1 mana spells [Naturalize basically becomes only a "Draw 1" for killing any critter for 1 with him for example, since you're up a quality creature as well most of the time]).

You need a shell to that's he's just an extra win-con for though, if he's a REQUIREMENT to win, you will lose - but as something to allow extra reach, he can be amazing. (Also note that Druid has the Mech-Bear-Cat that can generate "infinite" parts - I find it not valuable in my Druid-Gazlowe build though)

I'd almost consider Recombobulator a must with Gazlowe as well BTW - since getting an 7/8 reasonably hits reasonably often with him drawing a random mech, and 95% of 8's are amazing [Honestly, if you attack first with the critter probably 100% - is there a bad one besides Al'Akir and with him adding 6 damage after a normal attack....] and 70% or so of 7's. (Also with Recom and Gazlowe both, Clones are handy to have as well - clones to copy good Recomb numbers easily as well as doubling up on free Mechs as well as copying amazing Recombs that are advantageous for the build to copy - i.e. when you get an Antonidas)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing with him alot, Paladin and Druid are strongest IMO (best 1 mana spells [Naturalize basically becomes only a "Draw 1" for killing any critter for 1 with him for example, since you're up a quality creature as well most of the time]).

You need a shell to that's he's just an extra win-con for though, if he's a REQUIREMENT to win, you will lose - but as something to allow extra reach, he can be amazing. (Also note that Druid has the Mech-Bear-Cat that can generate "infinite" parts - I find it not valuable in my Druid-Gazlowe build though)

I'd almost consider Recombobulator a must with Gazlowe as well BTW - since getting an 7/8 reasonably hits reasonably often with him drawing a random mech, and 95% of 8's are amazing [Honestly, if you attack first with the critter probably 100% - is there a bad one besides Al'Akir and with him adding 6 damage after a normal attack....] and 70% or so of 7's. (Also with Recom and Gazlowe both, Clones are handy to have as well - clones to copy good Recomb numbers easily as well as doubling up on free Mechs as well as copying amazing Recombs that are advantageous for the build to copy - i.e. when you get an Antonidas)
Holy shit dude, this was really hard to understand lol. Are you drunk?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know what he's saying, but its a bit run on, heh. Now I want to try that shit though but I don't have Gaz or recombobs.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh - I'm a stream of consciousness writer. And nope, don't touch alcohol at all.

I'll try to sum up more clearly.

1) For Gazlowe to work best in addition to Spare Part generators (1 mana spells that are universal) you ideally should use him with a class with a reasonable number of already playable 1 mana spells, since those will also trigger him. Druids and Paladins being superb in my opinion. (and keep in mind Naturalize becomes a pretty good trade in many cases with it, etc)

2) Don't make a build that requires him for the win, because if you do, the build will be inconsistent - he's a get out of jail card to let you just spam out a ton of threats while tossing out tons of small effects (although again, if you stick to the right classes - valuable "small" spells) when you'd otherwise run out of ammo - like how Gadgetzan Auctioneer worked, except even better since his body survives better and the draw is guaranteed quality while not actually drawing anything to rush you towards fatigue.

3) Recombulator synergizes very well with him, because you'll no doubt get a few 7 and 8's which are both beautiful spots to use a Recombulator. (9 is also great when relevant, but rare)

4) As a side note, the 5 mana clone that I'm blanking on the full name right now (Faceless... whatever) synergizes well with him and the toys him and Recombulator can pull - since if you've got a spells to trigger Gazlowe you also have them for Antonidas and other excellent Spell cast triggers.

I've posted an image of my druid build two or three variants back a few pages ago, it's definitely a fun deck - but getting past rank 8 or so proves difficult - it matches very well in the teens until about 8 as it stands right now. I'm sure there's more potential for it, maybe not "Legendary level" but Tier 2ish for sure, and it's certainly a ton of fun.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Good job on the 24 hour stream, Slip.

How did the mafia game go? Is it like that party mafia game I've heard about?