Heavenstrike Rivals (mobile game from Square)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the other strategy that works really well with this board is dropping that Zombie dude that taunts himself but adds 2 ATK and 2 HP to himself every turn. they drop it in the middle row and its almost gameover. i've gotten pretty good at foiling that one tho, but the 5 ATK scout on turn two shit still gets me,

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I have bolt set as my main guy so I can drop him first turn when I go first.

The best feeling is when he is super beefed up and they leave a low health guy as a blocker. Drop the dragoon and his lane attack kills the trash mob then big frankenstein slams them in the face for 25.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There are plenty of good 2 mana options for stopping turn 2 scout, like something with misfortune, or hit it with a scout of your own, or hit it with anything+a hero power (eg Bolt+Bloodlust), or at least slow it down with a self protecting defender.
My PvP losses keep coming against inspire lambkins.. shit gets out of control so fast...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So the new solo mission to get the pigeon... I assume it's trash but I am trying to get one just to see and ... this is not dropping on hard and it's 1 *.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting to win a lot of PvP matches now, purely off the back of Bolt Head Bill... Keep finding people who put all of their eggs in one basket (kind of like what I do with Bolt except I've got 2 of them!).. One guy cleaned his own board with Alpha & Omega but didn't do his maths right and ended up with 1 damage too little.. Bolt Head clobbered him back, then I dropped a Minerva, bolt head back up to 9 health with protect in 1 turn.. guy quit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I really enjoy this game's mechanics but there's not much depth here at this point. Kudos to square for making a great, dynamic game but the content is severely lacking. The game needs 4-5x the 'area' as well as many constantly active quests/raids/leagues/etc.

I would honestly play more of a fleshed out ORPG/MMO based on this combat system.

Right now I'll probably just play for the raids every few weeks if I remember.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I really enjoy this game's mechanics but there's not much depth here at this point. Kudos to square for making a great, dynamic game but the content is severely lacking. The game needs 4-5x the 'area' as well as many constantly active quests/raids/leagues/etc.

I would honestly play more of a fleshed out ORPG/MMO based on this combat system.

Right now I'll probably just play for the raids every few weeks if I remember.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I mean, the devs haven't even bothered to come up with new and differently sized maps.

Thing is, the game is not new at this point and depth has been promised for many months. The only promises that seem to materialize are those of more special promotion units.

Considering all the cloned mobile games that are out there, someone needs to get a hold of this one and make it shine.

If you're looking for another time-killer, try Fantasy War Tactics.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
New arena started today.

No scouts or priests.

Some of these games matchups are really fun. Changes the whole game dynamic.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
New raid is up. Hard is extremely difficult. I haven't beat it yet and the last raid I was cruising past. May be shitty teammates so far though.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i just won like 5 PVP battles in a row via people forfeiting. most of them doing it after 3 turns. mostly its just their cheese strategy gets thwarted and they have no way to actually win with skill. hm.

was number one in my division yesterday. got a screenshot. wasn't there anymore when i woke up today.

still don't have any really OP troops, just good strategies...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Making people quit after you smash their initial scout rush makes me goddamn happy.

Pass first turn, wait for some bullshit to come my way. Drop gretel and immobilize it.

I picked up a darting shadow the other day so I keep winning games from a lone LDF sgt walking across the board, popping bloodlust, dropping darting shadow for double strike on the LDF and watching him smack their captain twice for 5 on turn 3.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
e9gldg.jpg

29xt4x1.jpg

zin79c.jpg

pic was from yesterday, today i'm sitting at #2 in Chimera and #53 overall.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've spent the last two weeks grinding the mission which very rarely awards Devout Mage/Warlock so that I can level up Marcia's skill. Got it to 3 damage so far.. I've only gotten one Devout so far in this whole time... Somewhat frustrating but given I just open the game, autocomplete 3-4 missions and then close it after about 30 seconds it's not a big deal. Would like to finish that though so I can start doing something different.. Marcia is such a great troop.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Goddamn I fucking hate going up against Lambkin decks.

The games take fucking forever. I keep quitting out of the games where I see it is going to take all 30 turns.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
final fantasy iv collaboration right now. Golbez and Cecil cards. i already got a Golbez.... might just throw some IRL money at this if i don't get a Cecil before the collab is over.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I pretty much soft quit this. I saved up my precious cores hoping to grab the silence lady during that drive and ended up with some absolutely awful generic gunner legendary with a worthless special. I tried logging in over the holiday for some of the free chars and I can do one hell run at 25 tickets, got one two star generic dude and that was that. Didn't even bother to log back in half an hour later to run a second one.

Game just gets in its own way to prevent you from discovering the shallow edges of its content which is unfortunate because the gameplay itself is pretty fun and the setting is a little too FF to consider it different but decent.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I pretty much soft quit this....

Game just gets in its own way to prevent you from discovering the shallow edges of its content which is unfortunate because the gameplay itself is pretty fun and the setting is a little too FF to consider it different but decent.
yup. it's much easier to add playable monsters and promote sales drives for them than to actually develop the game. real shame. even adding bigger play boards with some strategic elements would make a world of difference.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lots of free cores are going to be given out soon for the global launch anniversary event. FFIV collaboration banner out too, Rydia and Rosa as characters.

log in every day starting tomorrow for 3x free cores, until the 25th when they give 50x free cores.... then 5x free cores for four more days after that.

good time to get back into this game if your interest waned.