1. So I have finally brought a new discord online and brought all the other ones to it. Guest please join us there for chat!

Once you click chat and join the sever you can link your Discord to the forum and get all the permissions you have here. Click here to link accounts.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy odor in a car. Any suggestion

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by TrollfaceDeux, Aug 23, 2017.

1. TrollfaceDeux The Slayer Supreme of the Thousand Shadowban
    DONOR

TrollfaceDeux
    Ratings:
    +6,995
    i ordered one meh.

will see how it works.

2. Hatorade A nice asshole.
    DONOR

Hatorade
    Ratings:
    +696
    Thanks for the tip, picked it up and tried it in my car worked great.

3. DONOR

Sludig
    Ratings:
    +770
    I want to try it on my cabin air intake, still get a little smell i think from there.

4. DONOR

Lendarios
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    My car got flooded in Irma, just the floor. Now it has a kind of sweet swampy smell.

#24 Lendarios, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. Lambourne Well-Known Member

Lambourne
    Ratings:
    +767
    I've fixed a few cars with similar issues. Carpet needs to come out because water will be trapped between the floorpan and the rubber layer in the carpet. Might feel dry on top but it will never dry out on the underside (or stop stinking).

Varies from car to car how much of a job this is, on some it's just some trim and the seats that need to come out (30 mins work) on others you need to take the dash and hvac box out (can be 4-6 hours easily). Mechanic's price will depend on this mostly if you're not DIYing it.

Once carpet is out, steamclean it or replace with a new one, or get one from a junkyard. Sometimes there's extra insulation below the carpet that's made up of shredded old clothes and is impossible to clean, replace this.

Also have the the trans (and rear end if its AWD/RWD) checked for water in the oil, if it was submerged for any length of time water might get in there and start rusting out gears.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nola Active Member

Nola
    Ratings:
    +30
    I made the mistake of leaving a frozen ziplock bag of filet catfish in the back seat of my truck. Some of it sweated through, not a lot but enough to give my truck the worst smell in the world. I had to pull the carpet out, shampoo it numerous times and air dry it. I doused it with vinegar, used pet spray for urine, used charcoal and almost every other means. It literally took 3 weeks to remove the odor from the truck.

7. Lanx 周潤發
    DONOR

Lanx
    Ratings:
    +2,913
    yea if you hate someone at work, throw a piece of raw fish in the airvent where the windshield wipers are... they will not have a nice day, or month.

• Worf Worf x 1
  8. iannis Like I said I'm not high but my dog is and I am
    DONOR

iannis
    Ratings:
    +11,476
    God damn charlie, you play for keeps.