Helix - apocalyptic series from Ronald D. Moore

Goatface

SYFY REUNITES WITH RONALD D. MOORE GREENLIGHTS NEW SCRIPTED SERIES ?HELIX? FROM SONY PICTURES TELEVISION FOR 2013

MOORE AND LYNDA OBST SERVE AS EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS

NEW YORK ? March 7, 2013 ? Syfy is giving a 13-episode greenlight to Helix (working title), its newest original scripted series for 2013, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President of Original Content, Syfy and Co-Head Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. Helix is Executive Produced by Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica), Lynda Obst (Sleepless in Seattle, Contact), Steven Maeda (Lost, CSI: Miami, The X-Files) and Cameron Porsandeh, who wrote the pilot, will serve as Co-Executive Producer. The series will be produced by Sony Pictures Television.

Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind?s salvation or total annihilation.

?With its well-drawn characters, taut drama, and incredible production team, we couldn?t be more excited to see this intense thrill-ride of a series come to life,? said Mark Stern

Helix is expected to begin production early in 2013 to debut later this year.
no way this could go south.....

Cybsled

From what I've read, it sounds like it might be essentially like a 'The Thing' series.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
keep seeing little bits and teasers for this... still not sure what to make of it.

iannis

Musty Nester
That looks like it's going to be a poorly re-imagined Andromeda Strain miniseries.

That promo isn't even a promo. It's just namedropping. And it's not like it's even impressive names they're dropping. I fear they have bupkis.

But if they break into the temple of the elder ones and some shubs start eating faces, DO TELL!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind's salvation or total annihilation.
Wow never heard that story before.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I hope this show stays as a one season show so they can tell a tight story and be done. I don't want to see a Thing story dragged out for multiple seasons.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Definitely starts off way too slow. I'll give it a couple episodes, but none of the characters particularly caught my attention.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It cant be good that I found myself rewinding just because I was getting the dull characters confused with one another. I'll give it a couple episodes but only because there is nothing else to watch.

I will say that I got a twinge of nostalgia for "Sci-Fi Fridays" with this airing last night which only made me angry when I think back to how amazing some of the earliest SciFi original programming was and how much they fucked up in their current SyFy incarnation. Ahhh Farscape, how I miss thee.

Caliane

yeah. I dont know about this.

Dull characters who you can't even remember who was who.
idiotic containment procedures. oh look, man sized air vents...
how is this going to be drawn out into a series?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Spoiler

Everyone dies to the virus and the two cute chicks are left at the base. In order to save the world they have to put on some thongs and sports bras and lez it out in order to cure themselves.

We dvr'd the episodes yesterday or whatever and watched them during dinner tonight, the comments above express exactly what the show has been like so far. I just don't find it very interesting and catchy, few cool scenes but everything else makes them pointless for me. Got up and started washing dishes right after the man sized air ducts and why the fuck didn't that P-trap have water in it???

faille

Molten Core Raider
from wiki
"According to Porsandeh, Helix will not make use of flashback scenes to give details about character backstories, the way the scifi series Lost did. Instead, a key point is that viral infection will at times make characters feverish and hallucinate (which is a real-life symptom of several infections). Thus certain characters will at times experience hallucinations, i.e. reliving particularly traumatic past events. The distinction Porsandeh pointed out is that a flashback is presented as objectively true, while the hallucination scenes in Helix are presented from the characters' feverish hallucinatory states, and thus their unreliable narration will contain several errors which do not match events as they actually occurred."

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It must be much easier to keep your continuity when you don't have to bother with making anything consistent with anything else. How liberating...also sloppy.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
lol. I dunno about this shit. I'm watching it, but I'm not sure how closely because I can barely remember any of the characters names besides Peter and Jessica. Peter because he's the mutant and Jessica because she's obviously had some kind of work done on her that I'm sure will be the reason she never gets infected.