Helix - apocalyptic series from Ronald D. Moore

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah. I dont know about this.

Dull characters who you can't even remember who was who.
idiotic containment procedures. oh look, man sized air vents...
how is this going to be drawn out into a series?
This is my question. The answer to the helix problem is a small missile. Crack the dome let in the ambient air temp wait a couple years go in and clean up the mess no fuss no muss. Surely all the research data is backed up off site so really all you lose is the researchers and once containment was breached you already pretty much lost them.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah... watched the first episode and I'm not sure if I want to watch the second. The whole thing felt terribly cliche, particularly down to the secret government project. I expected more.

And did it seriously not occur to anyone that the reason Peter took that guy's hand was because of his RFID chip? As soon as they showed that the guy's hand was missing, I realized that's what it would be used for. If they can disable Peter's chip, surely they could've disabled the dead guy's. So much for these people being world class scientists. Just as ridiculous was the Pam Poovey lookalike trying to catch an infected monkey with zero protective gear.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Show is boring almost put me to sleep, although I was watching it 2 in the morning, fat annoying bitch needed to die first ep. Too many other stupid shit to bother mentioning.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really? She was about the only character I liked, primarily because she seemed to be the only one with a personality.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
So the fat bitch finds a funky monkey-man and decides to not tell anyone? And why don't the CDC have radios? Oh, and a CDC worker that thinks she might be infected and not tell anyone? GTFO with this show.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Really? She was about the only character I liked, primarily because she seemed to be the only one with a personality.
Breaking into a secure area in the middle of a viral outbreak, getting attacked by a mutant monkey, not telling anyone about it and then doing a monkey autopsy in the same room, in the dark, with her back to the door and headphones on ?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Breaking into a secure area in the middle of a viral outbreak, getting attacked by a mutant monkey, not telling anyone about it and then doing a monkey autopsy in the same room, in the dark, with her back to the door and headphones on ?
Oh, I wasn't saying she's not a complete dumbass, but at least she's not a cardboard dumbass and a little entertaining.

Caliane

man. first 10 seconds of episode three.

wakes up passed out in shower. dude, checking on her.

"i was taking a shower, de- contaminant procedures. and... annd. I just feel light headed, I dont remember what happened next" more or less.
Now, its not clear if shes lying about what happened. or, if she really doesn't remember exactly what happened.
but either way, Deeer. well we are working hard, you just need some rest.

Are you fucking kidding me?

viral outbreak.
Chick passes out in the de-contaminant shower.
And they don't care. how in the fuck is your first response not, oh shit, shes infected. or at least we should test to make sure shes not.

Stupid shitty writer cliche 101.
oh, bitten by a zombie. better not tell anyone.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This "science outbreak" TV show is written by stupid people who can't even wikipedia basic trends. For a producer, this show is 101 "what you don't wanna do" book. Evil secret corporation, double / triple agents, playdoh science momentums "ITS SAFE ENOUGH TO DISCARS OUR HAZMAT SUITS GUYS". It's basically Resident Evil with more cheese and no action.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can forgive a lot of stupidity for the sake of interesting story or characters but completely ignoring basic quarantine training in an outbreak is making me nuts. Add to that the boring characters makes it rough.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
130 or so people in a biotech facility. Took till episode 3 for someone to finally say, "You know we could probably help the four of you out with a cure..." pretty sure that guy is dead. Cannot be bothered to fact check it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan?) should be interesting this week. I hope she has more than a temporary role

spronk

FPS noob
pretty shitty that this piece of crap gets renewed for a second season, and almost human probably will not.

what a terrible finale to a terrible show. fuck you ron moore!

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Finished the last three episodes earlier today and not sure what to think yet. I didn't make it past the 2nd season of BSG so I have no real Ronald Moore experience to go off of.

That said it wasn't what I thought it was, virus wise so that surprised me but some of the writing was definetly head shaking. Jeri Ryan was pretty much wasted in her role but least they killed off characters. I'll watch season two because sometimes what else is there to watch.