Helldivers II

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Makes sense they have some kind of DM. They obviously have to manage progress somewhat dynamically. Last night steam was down 20% from the previous week and if we couldn't pass that mission there's no hope going forward unless the keep their hands on the knobs. Failing one or two general orders is fine but if players never complete one it's going to become a wasted mechanic quickly.

New General Order is liberate one bug world for 45 medals. <4 days on timer.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The defense missions are causing entire planets to collapse, lol. They need to figure out how to make those fun, because they are not a good time currently.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
One other thing I would like to see fixed is that if you join a PUG that is already on mission (or is already in their hellpods selecting loadout), you can't tell what the mission is when selecting your loadout.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
You should be able to see the mission from the world map before you join. And if it's follow on missions you can see the map/briefing on the loadout screen.
1709235002738.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bug often prevents you from switching to the briefing screen if the mission has started.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Makes sense they have some kind of DM. They obviously have to manage progress somewhat dynamically. Last night steam was down 20% from the previous week and if we couldn't pass that mission there's no hope going forward unless the keep their hands on the knobs. Failing one or two general orders is fine but if players never complete one it's going to become a wasted mechanic quickly.

New General Order is liberate one bug world for 45 medals. <4 days on timer.
The major order was at 66% a few hours ago and now it's at 61%. I have a hard time believing that many more people are losing ops than winning. GM must be making sure we don't win too quickly.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The major order was at 66% a few hours ago and now it's at 61%. I have a hard time believing that many more people are losing ops than winning. GM must be making sure we don't win too quickly.

I read something on this. Basically, as I understand it, the aliens have a fixed rate of progress that continues overnight in the primary market, the US. So, when we're sleeping, the bugs are making progress. Like a lot of things in the game, it needs some tuning.

Both of my kids are playing this game, as well as a bunch of friends. It is so good with people you know who will communicate and work together- far better than a random PUG.

There is a lot of shit that needs to be improved but the game is fundamentally a great piece of work and a great value. Having a blast and excited to see where they take it.

• 1Like

Raptor123

Trakanon Raider
Is it just my bad luck but I keep getting pug grouped on hard missions 3/4 of the team being sub level 10s.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The defense missions are causing entire planets to collapse, lol. They need to figure out how to make those fun, because they are not a good time currently.
Another dev stated on discord that the previous information was wrong a few days ago. Apparently, not finishing a campaign or failing a mission does not negatively impact the overall progress of the global effort. That being said, it does not contribute anything either.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
What I heard was after the failure of the automaton liberation they put in an "easy" one but we got that to 95% in the first couple hours so they turned the dial to have a 20% decay rate per hour (up from 5%ish). As BrotherWu mentioned, that's probably fine during prime time but makes overnight a big step back. There's bots on the official discord that are tracking progress of the major order and all planets and have pretty good guesses what the decay and growth rates are.

My guess from last week is a similar feeling. We got to 4/8 planets fairly quickly so they added decay. That also lined up with the unusually hard evacuate missions so even if there was no negative we weren't getting the campaign completion bonuses and player progress slowed down.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
If the rumored addition of mechs and tanks and whatnot are true I'm curious if that will only be for specific missions or if they add difficulty tiers or something. Assuming that mech guns are stronger than shotguns and assault rifles it might trivialize things.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Is it just my bad luck but I keep getting pug grouped on hard missions 3/4 of the team being sub level 10s.

I think all one has to do is be lucky enough to drop into a final mission that is about to be completed in order to unlock the next difficulty. I've seen sub-10s all the way up at difficulty 8. Some of them may be good but they're wholly unequipped form a gear and strategem standpoint.

PUGs are mostly pretty bad. You'll find a decent one around 1 in 5 or 6 and they usually will not stay together.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
If the rumored addition of mechs and tanks and whatnot are true I'm curious if that will only be for specific missions or if they add difficulty tiers or something. Assuming that mech guns are stronger than shotguns and assault rifles it might trivialize things.

I'm not as excited about mechs and tanks as others are. I'd rather see them tuning primary weapons and adding some QoL stuff before focusing too much on that stuff.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

It's not a rumor, videos were posted showing them off which have since been removed from Youtube.

Also, if they are anything like the first game they will have limited time use and one call in per map. Meaning you can call it in and run out of ammo or fuel, also many enemies in the first game would rip them apart quickly if your team didn't support them, they were slow as shit and hard to turn/aim. Don't expect 4 mechs running around the map the entire time.

• 1Like

Cybsled

That makes it realistic as well - a tank without infantry support can be destroyed fairly easily