Helldivers II

Cybsled

They do change stuff on the fly apparently, so it wouldn't shock me. There is almost no reason to use anything besides the breaker shotty as your primary gun at the moment, so I won't be shocked if they nerf it or make it less optimal

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They do change stuff on the fly apparently, so it wouldn't shock me. There is almost no reason to use anything besides the breaker shotty as your primary gun at the moment, so I won't be shocked if they nerf it or make it less optimal
I didnt want to say it and sound crazy but for whatever reason my sensitivity also was higher. For whatever fucking reason my Logi G502 was off and running in full dumb mode without my profiles. WTF

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I just wanted to revisit this to say that since I noticed they had turned crossplay back on during an update and I fixed it, my gameplay has improved significantly. None of the trolls and problems that I experienced the day or two prior. So... yeah. PC Master race and all that.

On another note, has anyone else noticed buttons 'not working' while playing. My shift and CTRL and D key apparently at random times just won't register.

I go into word pad and they all seem to work just fine. Try other games, no problem. But in Helldivers they just seem to stop working on occasion.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just wanted to revisit this to say that since I noticed they had turned crossplay back on during an update and I fixed it, my gameplay has improved significantly. None of the trolls and problems that I experienced the day or two prior. So... yeah. PC Master race and all that.

On another note, has anyone else noticed buttons 'not working' while playing. My shift and CTRL and D key apparently at random times just won't register.

I go into word pad and they all seem to work just fine. Try other games, no problem. But in Helldivers they just seem to stop working on occasion.
Closest I have is like after actions, I have to hit reload a few times until it actually starts the action, like there's a dead zone of time after you are doing anything to interupt it like stumbling over a small pebble.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Closest I have is like after actions, I have to hit reload a few times until it actually starts the action, like there's a dead zone of time after you are doing anything to interupt it like stumbling over a small pebble.
there definitely is but it’s always been there. Just always fucks you at the worst times.

Hekotat

New patch update.

We have issued a patch for PC players (PS5 patch is coming soon - we will let you know when it's ready) that introduces planetary hazards, balancing updates, and more! Regarding some of the changes, designer Alex K. has written a few words on how we approach balancing in Helldivers 2:

This is the first round in a never-ending series of balance changes. And we believe it's important to be completely transparent about our approach to game balance, especially when it comes to weapons and stratagems that you have strong opinions about. Our goal is to give you a wide range of weapon choices, where each gun has its purpose and none is strictly better than another. Sure, you will have your own favorite, but it should come from your personal preference, not from the universally agreed knowledge of which gun is the strongest. Generally, we balance each item according to its quirks, so if a weapon is very effective at what it does, it should come with significant disadvantages to balance its power. The AC-8 Autocannon is a good example of a well-balanced weapon: it packs a powerful punch, has a very good range, but requires you to carry an ammo backpack or have a friend assist you. The GL-21 Grenade Launcher is the opposite example. It's a good general purpose weapon that gives you so much flexibility, it obviously can't deal too much damage without becoming overpowered. But weapons that are both powerful and versatile become a no-brainer choiсe during the weapon selection phase. It robs you of your own agency, as stale "meta" builds force you to make an unfair choice between a fun weapon and an effective one. In short: Powerful weapons can't be too versatile, versatile weapons can't be too powerful. Having said all that, after analyzing player feedback and the data we've collected over the past month, we found three biggest offenders of that principle: SG-225 Breaker RS-422 Railgun SH-32 Shield Generator Backpack All three of those were quite strong with too little downsides, overshadowing all other options on higher difficulty levels. So with this patch, they're getting significant downsides to balance their power. However, we strongly believe that the changes won't ruin this build, but rather help the affected items find their place among the other options and stay effective in capable hands. On a more personal note, I know that having your favorite toy nerfed absolutely sucks. Investing countless hours into mastering a weapon is an incredible dedication from you. which is the main reason we're making this game in the first place. And then having that weapon weakened feels like a punishment for being too good at the game. But I implore you not to compare a changed item with its older version, but to evaluate the existing one as it is and see if it still has a place in your heart. We thank you for your dedication and commitment to spreading Democracy in the most optimal way possible! Now it's up to us to make it as fun and entertaining as we can Oh and we also buffed a bunch of weapons as well!
And an additional note from AHGS_Fluffy on the Railgun's balancing changes:

"The Railgun was overperfoming in it's ease of use and convenience. We therefore made it so that the safe mode of the Railgun is not able to penetrate heavier armor, but the unsafe overcharged mode is still able to penetrate the heavier armor. In addition the damage that the Railgun does to massive body parts is reduced, meaning you need to land headshots and other specific weakpoint shot for it to have maximum efficiency."

Alex K. has some additional numbers for you regarding weapon balancing:​

• Breaker: Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
  • Railgun: Decreased armor penetration in Safe Mode, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
  • Flamethrower: Increased damage per second by 50%
  • Laser Cannon: Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
  • Punisher: Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 per bullet to 45 per bullet
  • Breaker Spray & Pray: Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased number of pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased magazine size from to 32 to 26
  • Energy Shield Backpack: Increased delay before recharging
  • 380mm and 120mm Orbital Barrages: Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread

"
Major Updates Planetary Hazards active
  • Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.
Balancing Eradicate Missions
  • Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now take twice as long to complete.
Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons
  • SG-225 Breaker - Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
  • SG-8 Punisher - Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 to 45 per bullet
  • SG-225SP Breaker Spray & Pray - Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased mag size from to 32 to 26
  • RS-422 Railgun - Decreased armor penetration in Safe Mode, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
  • FLAM-40 Flamethrower - Increased damage per second by 50%
  • LAS-98 Laser Cannon - Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
Stratagems
  • Shield Generator Pack - Increased delay before recharging
  • Orbital 120MM HE Barrage - Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread
  • Orbital 380MM HE Barrage - Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread
Fixes
  • Fixed armor rating values not reducing damage as intended.
  • Fixed certain Bug Holes (including Stalker Nests) that were unnecessarily hard to destroy.
  • Fixed anti-aliasing toggle not working on PS5.
  • Balanced lighting across all planets to solve cases where the game was too dark.
  • Improved flashlight efficacy.
  • Increased visibility during “sand rain” weather on Erata Prime.
  • Updated tutorial materials and lighting.
  • Improved cases where some materials could look blurry if "Lighting" graphic setting was set to "Low".
  • Fixed timing issues that could occur in the “Extract E-710” primary objective.
  • Changed button interaction behavior for buttons in bunker POIs. Helldivers will now let go of the button after holding it for a few seconds.
  • Fixed some cases of large assets floating if the ground beneath them was blown up.
  • Helldivers standing next to ICBMs during launch will get properly toasty with a chance of not-so-spontaneous combustion.
  • Fixed unthrowable snowballs after ragdolling.
  • Fixed being able to use grenades after drowning.
  • Camera no longer locked on the player's own corpse and blocking spectator mode.
  • Helldivers now take damage from fire, gas etc. generated by other players.
  • Armor no longer stretches when dismembered.
Known Issues These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
  • Picking up items from caches may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
  • Picking up items from bunkers and caches in quick succession may render one of the items unpickable.
  • Players cannot unfriend other players befriended via friend code.
  • Players may be unable to select loadout or return to ship when joining a multiplayer game session via PS5 Activity Card.
  • Occasionally mission reward multiplier may not be applied.
  • Mission objective HUD displays different numbers for client and host during some missions.
  • Default armor is always shown while viewing the warbond, regardless of the armor that player has equipped.
  • Text chat box display is obstructed by the cinematic letterboxing during extraction.
  • Some text in the HUD/UI is missing or not displaying correctly.
  • Players may experience issues when many players attempt to login and/or play at the same time:
Login rate limiting
🔹
Players may become disconnected during play
🔹
Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers
🔹
Some games may not be joinable by others for a short period of time"

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Balancing changes seem fine. Already use the railgun in unsafe mode, and the shield does recharge almost instantly. Skeptical about environmental hazards.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New patch update.

We have issued a patch for PC players (PS5 patch is coming soon - we will let you know when it's ready) that introduces planetary hazards, balancing updates, and more! Regarding some of the changes, designer Alex K. has written a few words on how we approach balancing in Helldivers 2:

• Breaker: Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
  • Railgun: Decreased armor penetration in Safe Mode, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
  • Laser Cannon: Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
  • Punisher: Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 per bullet to 45 per bullet
  • Breaker Spray & Pray: Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased number of pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased magazine size from to 32 to 26
  • 380mm and 120mm Orbital Barrages: Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread

"
  • Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.
  • Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now take twice as long to complete.
  • SG-225 Breaker - Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
  • SG-8 Punisher - Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 to 45 per bullet
  • SG-225SP Breaker Spray & Pray - Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased mag size from to 32 to 26
  • RS-422 Railgun - Decreased armor penetration in Safe Mode, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
  • LAS-98 Laser Cannon - Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
Stratagems
  • Orbital 120MM HE Barrage - Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread
  • Orbital 380MM HE Barrage - Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread
Fixes
  • Fixed certain Bug Holes (including Stalker Nests) that were unnecessarily hard to destroy.
  • Balanced lighting across all planets to solve cases where the game was too dark.
  • Improved cases where some materials could look blurry if "Lighting" graphic setting was set to "Low".
  • Fixed timing issues that could occur in the “Extract E-710” primary objective.
  • Changed button interaction behavior for buttons in bunker POIs. Helldivers will now let go of the button after holding it for a few seconds.
  • Fixed some cases of large assets floating if the ground beneath them was blown up.
  • Helldivers standing next to ICBMs during launch will get properly toasty with a chance of not-so-spontaneous combustion.
  • Camera no longer locked on the player's own corpse and blocking spectator mode.
Known Issues These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
  • Picking up items from caches may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
  • Picking up items from bunkers and caches in quick succession may render one of the items unpickable.
  • Players may be unable to select loadout or return to ship when joining a multiplayer game session via PS5 Activity Card.
  • Mission objective HUD displays different numbers for client and host during some missions.
  • Default armor is always shown while viewing the warbond, regardless of the armor that player has equipped.
  • Text chat box display is obstructed by the cinematic letterboxing during extraction.
  • Players may experience issues when many players attempt to login and/or play at the same time:
Login rate limiting
🔹
🔹
🔹
More game devs that don't understand games. They're never going to achieve this mystical balance they're seeking. There will always be a meta build. Nerfing shit only annoys your playerbase.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
New patch update.

"
Stratagems
Fixes
Login rate limiting
🔹
🔹
🔹

Why do they need to nerf things? You're NEVER going to balance the game perfectly. There was also nothing that stood out that was OP in the game.

The game had a high failure rate 7+ I am sure, They need to BUFF the fuck outta some stuff.

There was already too much shit to hinder you while you were playing. Now we have to look out for fuckin tornadoes?

I'm just curious, is anyone really having fun running in circles at the harder levels?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

The breaker was for sure OP compared to the other main weapons. The railgun nerf was uncalled for.

I wish they would have buffed the rest of the guns instead.

Brahma Brahma No, level 6-7 are the fun points anything past that is just stressful.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The bit about “reduced damage to durable parts” makes me think railgun won’t be able to break charger leg armor as easily

Unsafe mode also needs a better tell on when it’s about to explode

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The bit about “reduced damage to durable parts” makes me think railgun won’t be able to break charger leg armor as easily

Unsafe mode also needs a better tell on when it’s about to explode
Was just playing with it, and you are right. It doesn’t break leg armor. Chargers are even more of a menace than before. Not sure what to run against bugs anymore. Tried grenade launcher but it’s useless against the big guys.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
New patch update.

"
Stratagems
Fixes
Login rate limiting
🔹
🔹
🔹

Cybsled

Unless there is a reliable armor breaking weapon, chargers are too bullet spongy. Headshots (regular or when they open their mouth) even with railguns never seemed to do much. Like you can burn through 10+ railgun rounds and chargers still don’t die

Maybe recoilless rifle, but you burn a backpack slot for ammo and on bug missions it’s easy to frag yourself with it when the little jumpy fucks swarm you

Hekotat

Was just playing with it, and you are right. It doesn’t break leg armor. Chargers are even more of a menace than before. Not sure what to run against bugs anymore. Tried grenade launcher but it’s useless against the big guys.

Expendables, lowest cooldown in the game, 40 secs or so with the last module upgrade and it drops 2. Take a second weapon to use in the meantime, drop when needed. They are so powerful and everyone sleeps on them.

Apparently flame thrower roasts chargers now.

Ads railgun and you can see the charge up meter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Chargers and Bile Titans were already susceptible to the flame thrower. I am surprised they buffed it, especially by that much.

I'm okay with the Breaker nerf. I don't think the Rail Gun needed a nerf but I have yet to try it out. They say it should still penetrate Charger armor when overcharged but people are saying it doesn't work. Also heard the armor fixes are not working so not sure what to make of that.

I would have like to have seen some buffs on some other weapons. For example, the counter sniper is dogshit. Handles like dog shit. Shoots like dog shit. Damages like dog shit. And not in a good way.