Helldivers II

Cybsled

Oof at that slugger nerf to damage and stagger. The real issue with primary weapons is ammo - if I pick an AR but have to use an entire clip to down a tankier bug vs. 3-4 shots from a shotgun, then I am going to go with the shotty even if the TTK is roughly approximate because I am going to run out of ammo much faster on the AR on average. Supply drop cooldowns are pretty long and while the maps have lots of ammo packs littered here and there, you're probably going to burn through ammo faster than you can find it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Oof at that slugger nerf to damage and stagger. The real issue with primary weapons is ammo...

So much this. They could literally double the ammo on most weapons and nothing changes except better gunplay.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Dominator was already goodgood, buff is nice.

Arc thrower nerf sucks

• 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Slugger was my go to weapon so the nerf hurts but understandable since it filled so many rolls. Wish they would have gone with a range nerf instead of a stagger nerf. I don't know if the arc thrower got more of a nerf or a buff. The range is a definite nerf but they buffed the stagger on it to compensate for the range. As for the charge up, it felt the first charge up was around 3 seconds which has been brought down to 1 sec. There's no more half charge trick anymore though.

The patch also added flying bots and AT-AT like bots called Walking Fabricators which spawn devastators.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Slugger was my go to weapon so the nerf hurts but understandable since it filled so many rolls. Wish they would have gone with a range nerf instead of a stagger nerf. I don't know if the arc thrower got more of a nerf or a buff. The range is a definite nerf but they buffed the stagger on it to compensate for the range. As for the charge up, it felt the first charge up was around 3 seconds which has been brought down to 1 sec. There's no more half charge trick anymore though.

The patch also added flying bots and AT-AT like bots called Walking Fabricators which spawn devastators.

You could get around the full charge issue after the first shot, you could fire mid charge with follow-up shots and destroy things. I think they nerfed the charge up to do be the full charge up time for consecutive shots. I have not tried it yet but that what it sounds like.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Flamethrower looks great now. I haven't tried the precision rifle to compare to autocannon.

Hekotat

Flamethrower looks great now. I haven't tried the precision rifle to compare to autocannon.

I believe people have confirmed that DoT damage still only works for the host. Sad they didn't fix that in the patch.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I’m a sucker for crossbow weapons in shooters, so gonna be unlocking that

Hopefully the explosion isn’t some weak shit that takes 15 rounds to kill a charger

Hekotat

I’m a sucker for crossbow weapons in shooters, so gonna be unlocking that

Hopefully the explosion isn’t some weak shit that takes 15 rounds to kill a charger

I wouldn't expect it to kill a charger. Looks like something for medium armor enemies.

Thermite grenade showing a one tap on the charger seems crazy, ill assume you will get one or two only.

Regardless all three weapons look good, I like the heavy primaries in this game (Dominator, Plasma Shotgun, Scorcher) and I hope one of those becomes another option to fill that role.

Hekotat

mf'r I'm at 960 trying to even unlock the Zappy stuff.

How good is the laser rifle in that war bond, I see a lot running it. after slugger beef been trying dominator.

Which laser rifle? In the new one? I don't know it doesn't drop til the 11th.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He probably means this:

1712352079111.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users