Help for a EQEMU Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Took it down at Secrets request, the $30 gained I will just hand it to eqemulator.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Maybe in a couple weeks when I get paid I'll toss in some money, I know first hand how much bullshit the IT industry is when it comes to employment.

Unfortunately if you want to work for a big company you need those worthless certifications, of course anyone that wants to actually run a successful business with a handful of employees knows experience > college newb.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Probably a joke; if memory serves abacab used to train raids on p99 blue until he was banned. Prob still salty over some things.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I sympathize with people who face tough times and get into situations such as this one. I've seen it many times throughout my family and friends but I have a difficult believing he can't a job worth his time. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and live within those means until you work your way up. If this is real, I may support just to give the guy a pat on the back and a little push to better himself as he seems like a knowledgable guy but my advice is to keep looking and don't be picky. You may have to do something you don't like and do what you like on the side. If it is truly a dream, you can find a way.

I'm surprised though college can't help you out. When I did some summer lecturing at a local college, the people down on their luck at the best set ups. They could stay on campus all year long, take all the classes they wanted, and received a pretty sizable chunk of change to put back in their pockets each semester. Every situation may be different.

Best of luck (again if this legitimate).... hope everything works out.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fuck it, just going to say it.

I already give shit heads like this money every year at this time. Try again in six months when the memory of that tax check is not so fresh.

Also, fuck him for being lazy. Get a damn job and off the government tit.

Asshole.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Lost me at
I'm not the kind of person for manual labor, so sales and lifting are out of the question.
He should have just kept those emails he stole from eqemu, and then turn around and sold them all off to some spambot.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Too much swearing to take it seriously and backed nevergrind already.

RR bro cash for the month is used up.

Best of luck to you.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who would of thought 20 years ago that this was the future of Panhandling.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe he should spend less time playing EQ and more time looking for a job? This shit is just ridiculous.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I didn't make this. Abacab made this, and wanted to help me out. I don't care if you help me out or not, really, I don't. I didn't even want this made because of the negative attention it would bring to me.

Matter of the fact is I made a grumpy Facebook post last night and then Abacab posts this fundraiser. I really didn't want this posted outside of my personal life, but won't reject anything from outside of it either.

tl;dr I'm in a good position for the moment right now and you shouldn't donate unless you care that much about a random person on the internet. I am far too humble to actually say this is something I need.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
> Donate $800,000 to a Pizza shop that says "fags can't have a slice"
> Refuse to donate $5 to someone who develops the game you play for free 16 hours a day.

That logic.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Fuck it, just going to say it.

I already give shit heads like this money every year at this time. Try again in six months when the memory of that tax check is not so fresh.

Also, fuck him for being lazy. Get a damn job and off the government tit.

Asshole.
I didn't make this kickstarter nor did I really want it. And if I had to choose between working and not working, I'd work if it resulted in actual net gain. Right now if I gain income I am penalized for it because of the amount I'd make at minimum wage. I'd get whatever I earn taken out of my disability per month. The last time I had a sales job, I only made about ~$300 a month and my SSI is $600. They took the ~$300 out of my SSI for that month. Like, realistically, how does the Federal government expect people to want to get off SSI and get a job if they are giving you money and no incentives? I think the system is fucked up but I'm not about that life; I would much rather do something that makes more money than SSI and stop being a worthless piece of shit.

Lost me at

He should have just kept those emails he stole from eqemu, and then turn around and sold them all off to some spambot.
I'm not sure what the fuck you are talking about; I did not take any email database from EQEmulator. The only breach that ever happened was devn00b and image stealing loginserver usernames and salted passwords but that was back in 2007 and that issue has since been resolved.

I can deal with numbers, just don't fucking tell me to lift 80 pound boxes over my head. I'm not built for that.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Talked to Abacab. Got him to cancel it. Show's over folks.

Let me live my personal life in peace please.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
> Donate $800,000 to a Pizza shop that says "fags can't have a slice"
> Refuse to donate $5 to someone who develops the game you play for free 16 hours a day.

That logic.
The irony of this post and the final sentence.

Just fyi, when you beg for money, try to be as minimal asshole as you can be.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hmm, well you need to find more personable benefactors.
See, that's the thing. I don't need money. I'll find a way to do things myself if it comes down to it. I don't give up because I just am down one night because I feel distraught. I just sleep on it and try the next day. I'm not the kind of person that wants your money. If I was, I'd be doing a kickstarter for my own MMO right now.

shots fired

PS: I'm contacting Abacab to see who donated the money to this thing. I may not have much, but the last thing I want is a fucking handout right now. I'm gonna see if I can refund whomever did donate to this personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.