Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Played a few games first time in a long time. Seems like Chromie kind of sucks. Tracer was fun to play and seems like she has a pretty decent skill cap even if most of it is "Dive, E, W away" and you just take the talents to support that (lower E, W's on E, heal on E) basic format.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah Chromie is pretty mediocre, she can do a shit load of damage but she's nowhere nearly as good as a hero like Tracer

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I quickly learned that what I can do with her against a bot is completely different than a live setting. I'm sure she will get adjusted, she has like a 30% win rate on hotslog, by far the worst hero.

Tenks

They should have made Bye Bye her passive. Her passive is atrocious since even if Chromie gets her stuff 1 level earlier it doesn't really matter because it isn't like you're suddenly going to take a 12v13 team fight simply because Chromie has her talent. An individual early power spike is pretty meaningless for such a team-fight centric game.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol, yeah, I didn't even read her trait in try mode and when I looked at it in a live game last night I just face palmed, its so bad. Also they can start with making her w 33% bigger and reducing its cooldown, her wave clear is terrible.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
At least she doesn't have the kind of shitty mechanics that make people want to autoban her regardless of winrate ala. LM /Tracer - if they buff her she could be in a solid place. Right now she's almost a trollpick though, played a few games last night and steamrolled every time there was a Chromie on the other team (luckily didn't end up with any on mine).

30% winrate is a little absurd - have any other heroes ever dropped that low?

I like what they've done with Falstad. I was a bit confused by the changes when I skimmed the patch notes, but trying them out I like that they've gone out of their way to remove the strict division between his mage build and his AA build - especially since I hate his mage build, which was winning out before the patch.

On the flip side, I'm disappointed by the Arthas revamp, I can't really put my finger on it but he still feels extremely underwhelming.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Cho'Gall had a win rate that low at release. Personally, ignoring my first three games as Chromie, I have a 90% win rate with her in HL/Scrims/QM. I'd actually put her in the brokenly overpowered category of heroes but most people just can't stop face checking bushes with her. She is another hero where you just don't do anything on your own, you wait for your team to set up opportunities for you and exploit them. Seems like some people are having decent luck with the OHKO build in HL, forcing instant 5v4s, which I imagine is great for HL because no coordination but I'm not a fan.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I really don't think she's OP, if they pick her they need to commit a lot to keeping her alive because shes very easy to kill with either a stealthie, tracer or hook etc

The Master

Bronze Squire
Not really. Dive doesn't really work against her because her range is stupid (especially after 12). Stealthies are a problem, but good use of your E can get you away every time. She requires really good positioning and a lot of forethought. Since no other hero ever released has required those skills to this degree, people are bad at her. But people who are good at her, notably people who have played other MOBAs like Chu8 etc that already had similar mechanics, are just wrecking with her.

On an unrelated note I'm doing something for my HotS Stream, educational scrims, tomorrow and if anyone wants to participate details here:Educational Scrims! Come Participate! : heroesofthestorm

Xith

My problem with Chromie is that she is pretty much useless besides team fights. I feel like her Q windup is way too long (as compared to li-ming, for example). If they lowered her Q windup and made it do something to minion/mercs, I think that would help her a lot. I don't really like how time trap put's people into stasis either... I'd prefer it stun or root. I've seen a bunch of people get saved because they walked into a time trap and my team couldn't finish them off.

Tenks

I'm really digging Xul. I may grind out some games with him today. For the most part just going skeleton build.

Tenks

Alright I own most of the heroes but I'm lacking some of the newer ones. I should get 10k gold pretty soon who should I prioritize.

Missing:

LiMing
Dehaka
Greymane
Chromie

I *assume* the answer is LiMing, then Greymane then Dehaka.

Xith

Li-ming for sure. Greymane was a lot better before that cocktail nerf, but he's still ok. Dehaka is pretty fun, imo. Has ability to make a lot of plays. Chromie is mediocre.. Li-Ming is better in every way.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I mean Li Ming gets banned a lot. Dehaka and Greymane are usually available to pick and are fun/effective when played well.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I know this game is dead but that grand finals at Summper Championship was pretty god damn crazy good to watch

Neph_sl

shitlord
I don't think it's dead, just mostly so on these forums. I caught Naventic taking out the Taiwanese team this weekend, and they were looking good. Will eventually get around to watching VODs of the grand finals.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I meant more so for the forums not so much in general lol but yeah, really sick grand finals! I think people will come back for a few weeks once Guldan is released much like people came back for Xul

Neph_sl

shitlord
Gotcha. Yeah, I think when I tuned in, there were 20k people watching, which is probably one of the highest numbers of viewers I've seen for a HotS tournament.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Number of people playing has skyrocketed since the last patch, looking atHeroes of the Storm (HotS): Home
, the number of matches per map per week used to hover between 11k - 14k, now it's just below 29k. Guess there were a shitload of people just bored as fuck with preseason.

Thoughts on the new ranking system? Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.