Heroes of the Storm

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
My placement matches have been pretty awful. Unranked draft has been a pleasant experience so far even on the loses though. Probably going to wait another week or so to finish placements. Also, duo queue is absolutely the way to go whenever possible.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just hit grandmaster yesterday, got to rank 74 so far. New ranked system seems pretty decent but needs to be fixed a bit. In my first time in promo to masters I was paired with someone in their third placement game and they were 0-2 and had sub 3k mmr on hotslogs. Things like this should never happen. For the most part its been pretty decent tho but apparently a lot of people are pissed because if your mmr is low you lose more points from losses than you get from wins making it pretty hard to climb up.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just hit grandmaster yesterday, got to rank 74 so far. New ranked system seems pretty decent but needs to be fixed a bit. In my first time in promo to masters I was paired with someone in their third placement game and they were 0-2 and had sub 3k mmr on hotslogs. Things like this should never happen.For the most part its been pretty decent tho but apparently a lot of people are pissed because if your mmr is low you lose more points from losses than you get from wins making it pretty hard to climb up.
Thats a damn shame, because that is the exact reason why I stopped playing ranked aeons ago. Fucked my mmr up in the beginning so I needed like an 80% win rate to climb past rank 15.

Sulrn

Deuces
New In Dev video out, shows Gul'dan and Auriel (new support) and some pretty cool skins.

In Development ??" Auriel, Gul??Tdan, and more! - YouTube
The blatant Guan Yu / Red Hare skins get under my skin something fierce. The combat limitations in this game and Arthas' lack of leadership/warrior skills in WC3 are completely undeserving to be equivocated as the God of War. I hope Chinese hackers crash the servers.

I like the volleyball Li Ming skin though.

Sulrn

Deuces
Double because edit doesn't want to work here.

rrr_img_136382.jpg

The Master

Bronze Squire
Thats a damn shame, because that is the exact reason why I stopped playing ranked aeons ago. Fucked my mmr up in the beginning so I needed like an 80% win rate to climb past rank 15.
If you haven't played at all your MMR is uncertain right now after the soft reset, so if you win your MMR will climb very quickly for the first 50 games. Good opportunity to come back, especially with Unranked Draft mode to practice in and get your feet wet before going into ranked.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Wonder why they're pumping out so many Arthas skins, it looks badass, but he's not particularly popular or anything.

Not sure about Spellbreaker Johanna - it looks kinda cool, but nothing like the actual spellbreaker unit, which would have made an awesome hero in it's own right.

Demonic Steed & Lizard mount look awesome though.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Wonder why they're pumping out so many Arthas skins, it looks badass, but he's not particularly popular or anything.

Not sure about Spellbreaker Johanna - it looks kinda cool, but nothing like the actual spellbreaker unit, which would have made an awesome hero in it's own right.

Demonic Steed & Lizard mount look awesome though.
Arthas and Nova are actually both extremely popular in terms of games played, which is why they keep getting skins. They just aren't staple picks in competitive play. If you focus on the competitive aspect of the game and play ranked you can get a skewed perspective. Blizzard keeps giving those two heroes skins because they keep selling.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The blatant Guan Yu / Red Hare skins get under my skin something fierce. The combat limitations in this game and Arthas' lack of leadership/warrior skills in WC3 are completely undeserving to be equivocated as the God of War. I hope Chinese hackers crash the servers.

I like the volleyball Li Ming skin though.
I'm pretty sure most people would just know Guan Yu from Dynasty Warriors and don't give a fuck about weeb lore

Tenks

Wow first line is amazing. All heroes free to play except the 5 most recent. That alone will allow people to actually jump into the game.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing Li Ming for the first time really recently and I'm digging her, she reminds me of my days of old op kt in that you just sit far back and whittle your opponent down with abilities. That play style must really suit me because before while playing as valla I'd usually have roughly the same number of deaths as the rest of my teammates, but with li ming I die at least half as often.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'd be interested to see how increasing minion damage to towers changes things. They said minions are just xp modules to kill. Moving towards making laning more important or dangerous adds extra levels of strategy .

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, you'd figure games will be a lot shorter as if you let one person push just one minion wave unattended seems like it'll be pretty devastating.

Tenks

I'd be interested to see how increasing minion damage to towers changes things. They said minions are just xp modules to kill. Moving towards making laning more important or dangerous adds extra levels of strategy .
Interested in this as well. As it stands HotS is really only a PvE game for the first handful of minutes of the game and then shifts into 100% team fight centric. I would be interested if there was a wider breadth of strategy to choose from with your roster and I think making creeps more dangerous to structures is a good step.

The bribe change is interesting as well. I like how if you bribe the camp they come back faster. That combined with minion buffs can make it so you really need to babysit some push-centric characters who take bribe.