Heroes of the Storm

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Bribe makes jungling a thing.. maybe.

They are slowly making this game closer to LOL in terms of game structure, as in early, mid and late game. It's been something I've always said this game is lacking.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if they'll ever divorce team levels and individual levels. I would kind of doubt it but they've shown a willingness to back off on some of their casualization they've done to the game. They'll probably just continue to add questing talents to imply a semblance of individual carry and power spike.

The guy Khaldor was interviewing brought up an interesting point. Suddenly it is actually a disadvantage to fight with your own creeps. Because the enemy team can kill the wizard and everyone gets free HP & mana. It is a bit counter intuitive. I'm not sure how to solve it outside of possibly making all globes neutral but that may open up a whole new can of worms.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Making all globes neutral would fundamentally alter the laning phase of the game and catapult certain heroes to top spots.

Sulrn

Deuces
Making all globes neutral would fundamentally alter the laning phase of the game and catapult certain heroes to top spots.
It would also add a level of map-independent skill/strategy that game is in low supply of. Lane dominance would be more than simply hero kills/tower damage.

Argument against it is it would likely slow the game down on some maps because it forces you to contest lanes more instead of having more roaming/map objectives play.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just throwing this out there in case anyone happens to be interested but I'll be doing boosts to any rank for MUCH cheaper than you could get anywhere and completely anonymously. I know this game isn't very active on these forums but figured I'd ask.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What rank are you these days, Lumi?

PSA: big fucking patch dropping today. Might be the biggest meta change since inception.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Bouncing around between top 200 and top 100 GM. Actually dropped super low last week and was almost demoted back to D1 twice from tilting and then just went fucking HAM and went from my demotion game to #82.

N ya, this patch is massive. Changed the game pretty dramatically and made split pushers like Xul/Sylvanas even stronger.

Tenks

I have never understood why someone would rank boost in a skill based game. You'd just be in over your head and fuck your team over and then get back to where you belong.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can see why since they've added rewards. Gotta catch them all! Some people take that shit seriously.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Zagara seems to shit out even more damage, i haven't looked at her patch notes but i couldn't 1v1 her what soever in a placement match last night as Sylv, she just chunked the shit out of my health lol

I haven't been playing much but all my 4-0 placement games have been with diamond or almost out of plat players, what is that equivalent to? rank 1-5ish?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I have never understood why someone would rank boost in a skill based game. You'd just be in over your head and fuck your team over and then get back to where you belong.
I think a lot of the people who pay for this think that this is the only way they'll get out of elo hell. Once they're playing with and against better folks, their team will listen to their genius calls and appreciate their genius plays.

In poker, these people are the "need to move up to higher stakes where people respect my bluffs, can't play against these terrible players!"

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Just started reading it. I don't have much experience playing that role in HOTS... Mind if I ask, what are your credentials? I don't think you need to be Grandmaster to write a guide but, y'know... I'd rather know up front if you're Bronze 4.
He was up near rank 1 in preseason he good

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol i was curious what you would put for Sonya, glad to see you said she isn't a true tank.

She's hella fun to bully people though!

The Master

Bronze Squire
Just started reading it. I don't have much experience playing that role in HOTS... Mind if I ask, what are your credentials? I don't think you need to be Grandmaster to write a guide but, y'know... I'd rather know up front if you're Bronze 4.
I'm in Masters on my smurf right now, struggling through Plat on my main because I tanked the MMR on that account hard. I'm a caster/analyst for Chairleague and many of the other amateur tournaments. I've done some coaching for semi-pro teams. Basically in the wider HotS community I'm respected for my strategic and technical analysis of the game while being a middlin' good mechanical player.

Xith

I like this new meta. I've gotten to play Kael'thas 3 out of my last 4 games. He is still pretty good at blowing people up.