Hero's Song by John Smedley - ARPG/MMO Lite

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tons of free advertising. Let's be honest here, we are all gonna be keeping an eye on this now to see if it fails or not.
Speak for yourself. All of my efforts are currently concentrated on which fast food chain has the best fries.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
this was so promising

i mean a game with 1980 gfx looking to collect a million 2016 dollars?

hope they get sued for their shitty kickstarter

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Speak for yourself. All of my efforts are currently concentrated on which fast food chain has the best fries.
McDonalds has been running TV ads about how they're "changing things up," but they don't tell you what the changes are in the ads; they say you have to go see them in the restaurants for yourself.

I am tempted to go because I'm curious, but I don't want to buy into their clickbait-esque marketing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
McDonalds has been running TV ads about how they're "changing things up," but they don't tell you what the changes are in the ads; they say you have to go see them in the restaurants for yourself.

I am tempted to go because I'm curious, but I don't want to buy into their clickbait-esque marketing.
it's fitting McDonald's just launched mozz sticks as a new item

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
^^^^ Agreed.

Do not give this piece of shit game or phony kickstarter any attention. Shit, delete the thread for all we care.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This KS was a totally useless. Why this KS if funding is already secured and the game will release no matter what?

They could have done a useful KS if they had other goals. Do a KS for 100k to have more content/better art. After that, stretch goals to expand on this. Basically something like the last Project Gorgon KS.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
This KS was a totally useless. Why this KS if funding is already secured and the game will release no matter what?

They could have done a useful KS if they had other goals. Do a KS for 100k to have more content/better art. After that, stretch goals to expand on this. Basically something like the last Project Gorgon KS.
They are KS'ing funds for future projects within this one.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Publishers (Such as EA, Ubisoft) are on Kickstarter garnering funds from small, already funded, projects and having those developers form a pseudo-company to attain such funds. The ethical BS within KS right now has been fully demeaned into pure criminal at this point.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Kickstarter - proving that publishers are actually a good idea since 2009.

^ I don't see the problem.Hairbrained Schemeskick started:

- Shadowrun Returns
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong
- Battletech

They are an established "indie" company (albeit, the best possible case you possibly hope for as an indie game company) yet every one of their KS was near record-breaking. I gladly backed all of them because (a) $15 is a great price for their games, and (b) maybe it will ensure they keep on putting out quality games and have to worry much less about paying the bills.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Woah, woah, woah. Let's not include Battletech in there quite yet. I'm still potentially able to claim failure on delivery after 5 KS attempts now if they screw it up enough.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I really liked Dragonfall, but I was only going to back Hong Kong if they fixed the numerous game-breaking bugs associated with Dragonfall. They didn't, so they didn't get my money. I still haven't bought Hong Kong.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I really liked Dragonfall, but I was only going to back Hong Kong if they fixed the numerous game-breaking bugs associated with Dragonfall. They didn't, so they didn't get my money. I still haven't bought Hong Kong.
Since I only play their games and never read their forums, what bugs are those? I played, enjoyed and finished all the Shadowrun games and never had an issue that I noticed (not even when playing them on my Linux laptop during meetings :p ).

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Since I only play their games and never read their forums, what bugs are those? I played, enjoyed and finished all the Shadowrun games and never had an issue that I noticed (not even when playing them on my Linux laptop during meetings :p ).
The three big ones for me were two in the first Black Lodge mission (I think it's called Trial Run) and one in Apex Rising. In Trial Run, if you summoned a Shaman pet at any time during the mission, the game had a chance to loop endlessly and you'd have to restart. I played a Shaman, so this was extremely inconvenient for me. There was another bug in there where you're given a choice to kill one of two people, but if you kill a certain one, the game will loop endlessly on the last step of the mission (which happens about 15-30 minutes later) and you have to restart. For Apex Rising, any time you save the game - including autosave - the game has a chance to loop endlessly and force you to forcesave -> reload (which only worked sometimes).

The Apex Rising bug in particular was a huge deal and their Steam forums had multiple threads on it, but it never received any attention. It took me days to get through that mission without it looping.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Publishers (Such as EA, Ubisoft) are on Kickstarter garnering funds from small, already funded, projects and having those developers form a pseudo-company to attain such funds. The ethical BS within KS right now has been fully demeaned into pure criminal at this point.
Can you blame them? You'd do the same in their shoes. As has been said before, gamers need to stop allowing themselves to be milked like cows for free. I've yet to see a KS I'd give money to.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Can you blame them? You'd do the same in their shoes.
The hell I would. I have a higher ethical standard to know that if I have the money to design and develop the game and take the risk, I am not going to bend consumers over backward to get there and make a profit off their wallet and not share in that profit with them. But I am not an asshole to my fellow man when it comes to those types of ethical discussions.

However, I would use that other service that no one else uses. Where consumers can invest in the company and the game, and see an actual ROI for their investment.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I understand where you are coming from UT. But given a choice between risking my money or someone else's, I would always use the other guy's.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the deal with Smedley and mozzarella sticks? Must have missed that joke along the way.