Hero's Song by John Smedley - ARPG/MMO Lite

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Indiegogo launch tomorrow with a few minutes of gameplay on twitch.

10:30am PST on Cohhcarnage.

Prepare to unsheath your mozza sticks, gentlemen!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the following like for this? Haven't been paying attention? I just can't get into the 2d part of it. Maybe if it's on mobile?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Indiegogo launch tomorrow with a few minutes of gameplay on twitch.

10:30am PST on Cohhcarnage.

Prepare to unsheath your mozza sticks, gentlemen!

Is indiegogo one of those "keep whatever you get" sites..meaning he doesn't have to reach a goal?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If it's an iOS release I'll toss him $15 for the $5 discount.

He can have an order of stix on me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fuck mobile, get money. I mean PC. I'm banking on PC/Mac with unreachable stretch goals for consoles. I'm good with old school games and have no issue with 2D but some of the art is a little weird. Hopefully this pitch is better than the Kickstarter.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
PC & MAC only. I'm out.

Unless Pantheon is extremely compelling, I doubt I'll ever play another game on PC. All they're good for these days are FPS and RTS games, and I'm long done with those genres.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Huh. The art style's kinda meh, but the idea sounds interesting. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think it looks fun.

I'm not gonna play the game, but I might spend the $500 just to get invited the launch party to tell Rothfuss to finish his fucking book.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I think that player run servers are going to become the future of MMO's.
You're probably right, but i certainly hope not. I played with some friends on Victorian Nordock, a NWN server, for a few years and it was a pretty horrible experience when the host was online, it wasn't too bad otherwise.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Someone mentioned Early Access here.. That shit needs to die. I find it to be one of the most dishonest and abusable practices there is..

Paying in advance removes all motivation to work hard and do a good job. It's risk mitigation in a disguise of "help us make the game better"

I know I'm replying to a super old post, and Elidroth didn't even come over apparently, but this is stupid. Most people in the real world are being paid while working and not everyone is a slacker loser who gets nothing done. Some Early Access devs will take advantage and some will be energized, like anything else. I personally rarely buy Early Access games, but that's mostly because I rarely buy games until they're $10 or under.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't hate all Early Access games but too many devs pull the "I'm never actually taking my shit out of this state so fuck off." Fucking Ark got a full expansion and the base game is still in Early Access.