Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sheeple gonna sheep.

My fish deck is worth something like 10 platinum and is doing really well so far, even got 2nd in my first constructed que (lost to first turn angels in finals =\). I don't understand why the better man-o-war isn't played everywhere, especially at common, it's such a damn house.

velk

Trakanon Raider
85 cents in 1.5 hours, not bad but you are using the fastest deck. That thing can get turn 4, turn 5 kills consistently. I have had a few turn 3 kills with it! For the people using slower decks I think 15 cents an hour is pretty close.
Stuff like this makes me shake my head - people are upset that a game company isn't paying them enough to play their game ? What's pay per hour for playing counterstrike ? How about WoW ? heh.

I think any availability of real money really fucks with people's perceptions - just look at diablo3 initial launch.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice patch update went in today that solves a few of the AH issues along with some needed AI improvements. I am a little concerned about how they made Xarlox "more interesting". He was already plenty challenging enough. I am hoping they rounded off some of the rough edges with the boss decks to better equalize their toughness.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PvE will be what makes or breaks this game's popularity. The PvP is a lot of fun but there are other games that do similiar things that people prefer. If the PvE ends up being as good as it was sold, this game has a real chance at being incredible. My concern is the AI, given the Arena. I am hoping that they are just choosing to not want to commit anymore resources to the Arena and that is why it has not improved.

I am very much enjoying Guantlet format. It is also nice to finally open the chests.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Still have my $500 Grand King Kickstarter of this, but haven't logged in at all this year.... :/ Was really excited about the PVE, but at this point, I'm not sure I really care/have the time anymore. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to sell my account if I decide to go that route?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Still have my $500 Grand King Kickstarter of this, but haven't logged in at all this year.... :/ Was really excited about the PVE, but at this point, I'm not sure I really care/have the time anymore. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to sell my account if I decide to go that route?
Given the insane amounts of money flying around the AH, I'd be astonished if you couldn't make a tidy profit on the initial $500.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Onoes, I have the pro level $250 package, I assume your package is a tier (or more higher) and includes the pro package? If so, you are probably missing out on a free draft each week. Maybe you know this and don't care, but if you do want the "free" packs, just login once a week, queue up in either a competitive or basic draft, pick your cards and then drop if you don't want to play. You get to keep all the cards drafted and the free draft ticket disappears each week if you don't use it.

I've just been logging in once a week for the past year and accumulating cards, kind of in the same boat as you where I may just sell the account at some point. Still hoping the PVE dungeons are cool though...

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
What happened this patch (from the top of my head).

1. You can finally open your chests
2. Gauntlets: Asymmetric matching tournaments (like Hearthstone arena, no more you're going to need to dedicate hours for a tournament) you get 3 loses and then you're out
3. Set 3 obviously
4. Enhancement to UI, AH, and game engine (games run much faster now)
5. Extended Art: Now you can unlock extended art of cards.

Not exaggerating I've spent thousand of hours playing this game and it just isn't boring me out at all. But then again I LOVE drafting and I love constructing new decks and playing them.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I opened over 200 chests and from what I saw it was fine to open all my commons and uncommons but I stopped after a few of the rares, the rewards I was getting from them seemed too low and I have a feeling that will be addressed in a future patch.

Do any of you guys use the Hex AH at all? The UI seems pretty painful and I do not have a good feel for the market at all. I would like to use it to sell some of my excess stuff but I see people trying to sell equipment for 2-6plat and that just doesn't seem like it is worth the time it takes to list it.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I opened over 200 chests and from what I saw it was fine to open all my commons and uncommons but I stopped after a few of the rares, the rewards I was getting from them seemed too low and I have a feeling that will be addressed in a future patch.

Do any of you guys use the Hex AH at all? The UI seems pretty painful and I do not have a good feel for the market at all. I would like to use it to sell some of my excess stuff but I see people trying to sell equipment for 2-6plat and that just doesn't seem like it is worth the time it takes to list it.
Yes, the rewards in the chests are pathetic. Mainly because I'm not a big fan of the PvE part of the game, the Arena is BORING and all what you get in low tier chests is 80% equipments which works only in PvE. I've found NOTHING of interested from any chest of rare or below tier. Legendary chests weren't that good either, only Primals are worth opening.

The AH is annoying and sometimes it's very hard to sell your stuff and it requires a lot of time investment to sell the junk that you have (I didn't even attempt to do that, not worth the time for the gold/play). Gold is getting more "expensive" everyone now needs gold to roll on chests so selling an item for gold is ridiculous. Take a $2 retail value pack as an example, I failed to sell it for ~18,000 gold last night (no one purchased it) and do you know that you can get ~18,000 gold in a few runs of the arena? Imagine that a $2 retail value pack and you still can't sell it for a few hours of of work of the F2P players...

Saying all that, the PvP part of the game is where I have fun. Even though I despise the Vennen/Egg decks that are forced on us in Set 03 limited.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yep, Vennen egg decks are amazingly shitty to play against *if* they are constructed well. Most of the time you can run them over with aggro or crush them with fliers. I am really like the mono green ramp or green/red elf aggro decks. I have heard prophecy is fun but haven't delved into that or necrotic yet.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Last time I played, the minimum-price restrictions on the AH made it pretty impossible to sell bulk-style cards, since you were required to list it at 2-10x what it "should" be.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, Vennen egg decks are amazingly shitty to play against *if* they are constructed well. Most of the time you can run them over with aggro or crush them with fliers. I am really like the mono green ramp or green/red elf aggro decks. I have heard prophecy is fun but haven't delved into that or necrotic yet.
Prophecy Blue/Green is the most fun deck I've ever constructed in a draft. Too bad it's hardly countered by Vennen Spider deck. :/

Carl_sl

shitlord
spider deck is the tits against anything that doesn't go off quickly. 5 mana removal that puts in eggs, the 2 creature exhaust card, the perma exhaust egg spawner, and the spawn eggs every time it readies, and you can really slow things down.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reinstalled this friday to have a whirl with the new expansion release weekend promos. The Sealed Gauntlet is pretty fun. New limited cards are enjoyable. Still seems like there are a lot of people with no idea how to play a CCG in the tournament queues.

Playing with Fire is hilarious value in sealed. And the Coyotle deck is pretty freakin hard-countered by the spider deck
biggrin.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the idea of gauntlet but wish they had a best 2 out of 3 format. It can be brutal if you get resource screwed. The other much larger problem with gauntlet is the match system. It can pair you against the same player you just played. I had bad luck on the tournaments but learned a lot and thankfully opened some good packs to offset my stupid play abilities. The main formats are Red/White agro, Black/White Phantom/reversion, Blue/Black Spider, Blue/Green Prophecy and Green/Red ramp. With sealed it can be difficult to build a good deck so you have to figure out what your strongest suit is. Drafting on the other hand comes down to how many other people are trying to build the archtype you are. If you are lucky, you can be the one building the only variant and get the good picks.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I would like gauntlet to continue to be best of 1, but would like it not to be the most expensive and the least profitable at the same time.