Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Anyone playing the new set yet? I love their mechanics; most of them have a taste of MTG if there was no paper version. I just drafted this spicy number below:

Capture.JPG

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why 41 cards and how much land are you using? I've been going 17/40 and still getting mana screwed. I did manage to draft an illuminate deck that went 3 and 0 but other than that one been doing pretty poorly overall.

I got a delayed kickstarter deck yesterday that had 2 pretty cool PVE tome cards + equipment, bought 2x more of the tomes on the AH so I have a set of 4 to use in the future.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Why 41 cards and how much land are you using? I've been going 17/40 and still getting mana screwed. I did manage to draft an illuminate deck that went 3 and 0 but other than that one been doing pretty poorly overall.

I got a delayed kickstarter deck yesterday that had 2 pretty cool PVE tome cards + equipment, bought 2x more of the tomes on the AH so I have a set of 4 to use in the future.

Haha, I ran 41 in the pic because I added another removal and forgot to take out a card.

I went 17 with that deck, but did you see the 3 dual shards? I honestly always run 17 and mull aggressively because they claim to have a resource 'smoother' on mulls.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I totally missed the comms in Feb about publishers changing. Appears today is the last day you can transfer your account info so if you missed it like me get on it today. Received the following this weekend :

hex.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was able to open a support ticket and get my stuff transferred after the fact. Now I have 136 packs, like 2000 cards and 256 other items for a game I don't play all recovered, yay.

Last edited:
Started playing evo sealed again with set 8. Lot better than 7-7-7 where your whole pool could get fucked by all the uncommon shards but its getting stale pretty fast with everyone playing furiko.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Same here, I log in to do the free draft and will for the next few years while my toddlers turn into children. Once I have some free time I will probably hit it hard again since it is the best online TCG by a mile.

Was able to open a support ticket and get my stuff transferred after the fact. Now I have 136 packs, like 2000 cards and 256 other items for a game I don't play all recovered, yay.

Would you let me know what this process is? One of my friends had a Grand King that he let lapse..... I know, retarded.

Also, that feeling when you get passed a 7 dollar legendary in the 2nd pack.....
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Same here, I log in to do the free draft and will for the next few years while my toddlers turn into children. Once I have some free time I will probably hit it hard again since it is the best online TCG by a mile.

Would you let me know what this process is? One of my friends had a Grand King that he let lapse..... I know, retarded.

Also, that feeling when you get passed a 7 dollar legendary in the 2nd pack.....
View attachment 157711

I logged a support ticket (don't remember if I did it via email or their JIRA here - Service Desk), they then migrated it and had me reset my password and that was it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody but me still logging into this (weekly to do my free draft)? I think the game is in its final death spiral. $300 down the drain but it was a cheap lesson, finally learned to respect just how much bullshit is out there on Kickstarter. Well, half of the lesson was paid for by the Chris Roberts space game :)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I quit a long time ago. The PvE stuff was outstanding and in my opinion they could have built and expanded on that and been super successful, but the PvP side of the game is a huge flop.

It's a shame because they really sold everyone during their initial kickstarter that this was going to be this great new innovating PvE and co-op raiding TGC style game. Then they got funded, made two pve zones in 2-4? years, then pretty much abandoned that aspect of the game.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
PVE was the only reason I kickstarted this thing, I totally bought their original vision on a dungeon raiding game built on top of a card game engine.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I backed this as a cheaper, more dynamic way to draft than MTGO since it was an almost exact clone and was not disappointed. I spent $250 for the free draft per week for life, put $20 in on some packs during later sets and have no regrets since I got way more than 250 hours of drafting out of it.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
i didn't kickstart but (for a while) i'd drop some cash each expansion. 50 to 100 dollah. the last few though i would just drop like 20 and platbuy the only cards i want (mostly plants and green ramp).

it's pretty annoying to see all the time they've wasted on pvp stuff. i'm tired of pvp assing up the games i want to play :(

I hope they remove their head from their ass and work on the pve t hough, it's not too late to salvage...but it's hard to think they'll do it when they can jerk off over pvp shit.

edit: i still log in once every few months and run a manz through the dungeons and stuff. still a great game format just....ignored.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I Kick started this at the 250 free draft level. After a couple of years, it became apparent that they did not have the programming talent required to program both the PvP and PvE aspects of the game in a timely manner without a lot of bugs. The idea was wonderful but as usual the actual implementation flopped due to a lack of funding to keep it going long term. I eventually sold the account and got back $950.00 having only put in the initial $250.00 plus another 100 or so. It was a nice game but just could not reach the top of the hill. The Kick Starter video is still a great example of how to sell a product.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is the project that taught me to never back anything but boardgames on crowdfunding.

I already had MTGO. I didn't need a second MTGO. Implement the fucking shit that was actually interesting and new, and maybe I would have given you more money. But no, just more sets for playing MTGO-Lite.