Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cards don't have to be format defining to be gross and power creep-ish. The angel is the obvious example, but creature quality specifically at the legendary tier is just almost always superior to anything not legendary. Even mostly basic creatures like that black vampire: he's not fancy or unique or has some amazing ability, he's just an amazing body with a solid ability that wrecks anything else in that color for cost/effectiveness.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lawsuit settled, Hex gets to move forward. Now "safe" to spend money on, at least insofar as paying cash for pixels is ever a "safe" choice
smile.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So the question is, did Hasbro settle to prevent a ruling and walk away with maybe a few bucks and saving on lawyers, or did they have the legal goods and Cryptozoic threw in the towel?

Sep 24, 2015
This is the press release in regard to the settlement of the lawsuit with Wizards of the Coast.

PRESS RELEASE
Wizards of the Coast, Cryptozoic Entertainment and Hex Entertainment settle intellectual property infringement lawsuit

September 24, 2015 (Renton, WA) - Today Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and publisher of the strategy trading card game Magic: The Gathering?, and Cryptozoic Entertainment, LLC and Hex Entertainment, LLC, have resolved a litigation filed in May of last year claiming willful infringement of intellectual property rights arising from the digital trading card game, Hex: Shards of Fate?. The parties have entered into a settlement agreement and license with undisclosed terms.
"We recognize that Wizards owns valuable intellectual property in Magic: The Gathering, are happy to have this matter settled and excited to move forward with Hex: Shards of Fate," said Hex Entertainment President and CEO Cory Jones. "We believe that the gaming community will benefit from knowing that Hex: Shards of Fate is no longer subject to litigation."

"Wizards of the Coast has always welcomed new games to the trading card game genre, and we encourage TCG fans to not only play Magic, but to try many different games. However, we will not hesitate to take action to protect our intellectual property and the amazing work of hundreds of dedicated Magic team members around the world. That is why we brought this lawsuit and why we are happy to announce its resolution through a settlement and license that both protects the valuable intellectual property of Magic: The Gathering and allows Cryptozoic and Hex to move forward with Hex: Shards of Fate," said Wizards of the Coast CEO, Greg Leeds.

The lawsuit filed in May of last year included claims for copyright, patent and trade dress infringement.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Would you really want to put your 20 year old patent on turning cards sideways up to a major challenge while trying to claim it also applies to objects in the digital realm? Who knows how that is going to end up going.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My guess is Hex carbon copy stuff was a little too close and the judge started going hmmm... about a few things so they both threw in a towel for peanuts letting Hasbro continue suing other "turn sideways" games while Hex can move into other things like mediocrity and further delaying the PvE experience I was promised years ago.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Super excited about this since I believe the limited format in Hex is outstanding. My pro player draft a week is only going up in value.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So the question is, did Hasbro settle to prevent a ruling and walk away with maybe a few bucks and saving on lawyers, or did they have the legal goods and Cryptozoic threw in the towel?
Undisclosed terms means you can't tell for certain, but given Hasbro's original demands included them handing over all the kickstarter money, it seems safe to assume that Hasbro lost their shirt on this one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
IMO a win for Hasbro on this was any settlement that let them continue to sue softer targets.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
They brought back 1-1-1-1-1-1 limited Gauntlet for the week, and I'm having a blast. Went 2-3 my first, and I am 1-0 my second. S/D fliers my first, and S/W tempo with a Kraken bomb my second. I probably won't spend as much as I do on paper Magic, but this is a million times better than my MTGO experiences.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They brought back 1-1-1-1-1-1 limited Gauntlet for the week, and I'm having a blast. Went 2-3 my first, and I am 1-0 my second. S/D fliers my first, and S/W tempo with a Kraken bomb my second. I probably won't spend as much as I do on paper Magic, but this is a million times better than my MTGO experiences.
Just opened my second sealed pool.

rrr_img_116654.jpg

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
So I was going through emails and found all my old Gen Con codes. I can't find much info about them though. I have 2 codes for Jadiim sleeves which seem valuable (I've seen 100$ - 500$) and a code for a alt art Ozawa.

I also have scratch of cards of Gax and some portencio?

Any help nailing down actual value? I don't play the game, so plat prices don't mean anything to me.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So I was going through emails and found all my old Gen Con codes. I can't find much info about them though. I have 2 codes for Jadiim sleeves which seem valuable (I've seen 100$ - 500$) and a code for a alt art Ozawa.

I also have scratch of cards of Gax and some portencio?

Any help nailing down actual value? I don't play the game, so plat prices don't mean anything to me.
Plat is 100 to the dollar pretty much - if you are selling the code directly you should be able to get pretty close to that.

Last I checked, gax and ozawa AA run around 2k plat ($20) and portension $6-$10.

At the moment mercs don't do anything so the only people buying them are collectors and speculators. If you wait for PVE campaign release it's possible they will become a lot more valuable - on the other hand it's also possible they will be outclassed by other mercs and lose value.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reports from the previewers were ~10-14 hours of content. But it meets the requirement to "bring out PVE before we publish set 4" and lets them greenlight set 4 to get more moneis
smile.png

If they really want money, they'll let us buy extra character slots for platinum.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I played the campaign for a few minutes, but the games ridiculously lagged out right now, will try again later. First little bit was fun at least, and it looks like they give you a deck right away which seemed decent (elf mage). Hopefully the full campaign can be enjoyed free-to-play, because the normal game most certainly is not.