Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wouldn't grabbing a Grand king + Collector be the better choice? Does the 100% more loot stack up?
It would but I only want to spend $500 total. The GK would be the best offer if I can snipe one but in the meantime I am holding on to a Pro Player and DC. I could go Pro Player and Collector but I feel like the lifetime drafts already make up enough outright free cards for me and I think I will play quite a bit of PvE where 100% loot would be welcome.

Anyway sniping has been crazy even using the Auto Refresh Plus chrome trick and soon DC will be sold out to. I'm a little surprised that Primal tier at $2,500 a pop is only 3 slots from selling out and Producer at $10,000 a pop is only 6 slots from selling out. WTH

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you were only going to get one of the $250 tier which would it be (outside of pro player of course). I haven't been able to grab a pro player and I am debating between Collector / Dungeon Crawler. On one hand I think double loot could be very powerful, on the other hand it is only getting you more of what every other shmoe on the server can get. The collector gets truely exclusive items, but they would be worthless if they are not trade-able.

Myst

Peasant
If you were only going to get one of the $250 tier which would it be (outside of pro player of course). I haven't been able to grab a pro player and I am debating between Collector / Dungeon Crawler. On one hand I think double loot could be very powerful, on the other hand it is only getting you more of what every other shmoe on the server can get. The collector gets truely exclusive items, but they would be worthless if they are not trade-able.
I believe DC would be a lot more beneficial in the long run. The extra items can be sold/traded, and it was mentioned that loot will be hard to come by. The AA cards from the Collector will be trade-able, that much was confirmed. But i still believe the items will benefit you more in the long run.

That said, it is all speculation. No one will truly know until the game releases.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Depends on what sort of player you are. If you're mostly interested in structured PvP, Dungeon Crawler is worthless to you. If you mostly care about PvE, 2 copies of 6 alternate art rare/legendaries a year is nice, but not really that big a deal unless you're actually a collector

If you're looking at it mostly from a value perspective, it's impossible to say until we see what the economy of the game ends up looking like, which is going to most depend on the split between PvE centric and PvP centric players. My gut instinct is that Dungeon Crawler is going to be more valuable. Everyone and their mother is going to be getting equipment from PvE, but they've said multiple times that it's going to be highly non-trivial to get a complete set. I'd expect there to be a lively market for the rarer pieces of equipment on the AH. The market for people wanting the AA cards is probably going to be much smaller (unless the cards themselves are chase), but you're right, those are truly exclusive, unlike equipment.

Another thing to think about is that dungeon crawler's value is directly tied to how much you play, collector isn't. I hope if you're dropping 250$+ you're planning on playing PvE quite a bit, and dungeon crawler just keeps getting more valuable the more you do.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I'm assuming the only people still looking at this thread have already pledged, but just in case... New update:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e/posts/500379

New stretch goal at 2.1 million. I think the only part people will really care about is that everyone gets some set 3 boosters if we hit it. The actual goal is for a weekly in character travelogue/bestiary/lore collection. Fun, if you like lore, but I don't think it's anything that's going to compulsively drive people to pledge (and like practically everything else, it'll get added eventually anyway)

Also, take two of their livestream today at 5 PM pacific.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Depends on what sort of player you are. If you're mostly interested in structured PvP, Dungeon Crawler is worthless to you. If you mostly care about PvE, 2 copies of 6 alternate art rare/legendaries a year is nice, but not really that big a deal unless you're actually a collector
Mm, maybe - you can farm pve cards and trade/sell them for pvp ones. I expect that to likely be a better way of getting more pvp cards than any of the other $250 bonus, exluding pro of course, although even pro in the first year ( given DC gets free draft as well for the 1st year ). Given the monstrously huge number of set 1 boosters being given out by kickstarter, I expect the relative values of pve vs pvp cards are going to start massively skewed toward the pve cards.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Mm, maybe - you can farm pve cards and trade/sell them for pvp ones. I expect that to likely be a better way of getting more pvp cards than any of the other $250 bonus, exluding pro of course, although even pro in the first year ( given DC gets free draft as well for the 1st year ).
Yeah, I tried to address that in the value perspective section of my post, but it probably wasn't clear. I should have said that if you're a PvP player, the DC perk wouldn't be directly useful to you. It's only actually worthless to someone if they flat out refuse to PvE at all (and obviously they'd never buy that perk then). I have a bad habit of making overly hyperbolic statements that cloud the point I'm actually trying to make. Sorry.

But anyway, unless nobody cares about PvE at all (unlikely) or something strange happens with the AH economy (entirely possible, but I'm no economist), or every Collector exclusive AA card is a chase card in its own right, I think the DC perk should easily provide more indirect PvP benefit in the form of trade/AH fodder over time than the collector perk.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It is mildly impressive how bad these guys are at the game they created.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I keep telling myself that it doesn't necessarily mean the game is broken, but yeah, watching some of their livestreams, I get the fear. Haven't been able to watch much of today's stream because I've been on my commute, but when I looked at the twitch chatroom, it was mostly just a page full of people yelling about game opportunities the people running the stream had missed.

Eh, I've always found the developers (and judges) to be pretty bad at their own game. Just like in mmo's. They just make they game and clock out at the end of the day, they don't play it and theorycraft and playtest and go to tournaments. Hopefully they got some good playtesters.
Same with the AI. They talk a big game about how this is going to be the best AI of any online ccg ever, but its gonna be terribad. The ai in duels sucks. Not as bad as the old shandalar game did, but its no challenge. The difficulty will be in super cheatyface AI.

Myst

Peasant
I haven't been able to watch yesterday's stream yet. What is the general consensus? I hear a lot of people complaining about the devs skill level, but how was the game play? I am mostly worried about balance.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the Devs are trolling players at this point. I imagine they have a bet as to how manny times they can get players to respond with " Why the hell did you play that/do that?". It is clear that they do have a good sense of humor.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Do they plan on doing another stream before the kickstarter ends? Money is a bit tight at the moment so it looks like I -might- be able to get the King tier(want Collector, blah), but I just wanted to see and hear a bit more. At the very least I'll end up getting at least the Squire package.

I wish there was more info on the PvE side as well, but as I understand it there's almost none of it implemented and it won't be really until beta-ish.

I'm sure the devs played worse to let the match/game go on longer to show off more cards potentially, etc.

Thorbadin

Trakanon Raider
Any precise info on how you get pve cards (or pvp) if you don't pay for packs? Cause after playing duel of champions a bit the grind get horrible fast and you basically cannot upgrade your deck or even make a new deck without paying for new packs. This basically made me stop playing. I think hearthstone will give something like a 5 card pack for each win? Meaning that every 2 games or so you get new cards. This sounds about 10 times faster then in duel of champions. What is the info on hex?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Any precise info on how you get pve cards (or pvp) if you don't pay for packs?
You can't buy PVE cards, so I'd assume the drop rates from pve would be relatively generous to avoid burnout. The way they have it set up is each dungeon/raid having it's own loot table, so should be decent opportunity for variety. There's no info on how many PVE drops there are from a given dungeon/raid currently.

PVP wise, it's buy them or win tournaments. This is obviously harder if you are terrible. I am terrible, so will probably survive on free drafts ;p