Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am also curious as to what players thought this was going to be. You are playing with 30% of the content at the moment. Might want to at least wait until release before going " Wow this is it"? I also got in. Playing just fine so far though the AI likes to stop doing anything a lot. I have played through 1 out of 3 so at least I have finished a game.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wasn't expecting anything more from the alpha, I will judge if the $250 was worth it based on the finished product.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
DD Ruby decks seem to be king. Haven't created a good deck to counter them just yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know anything about Gameforge. I assumed more companies wanting to invest in HexTCG as a good thing. Is there something bad about Gameforge in particular?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't played in a few weeks because some cards don't work. But this game really really is in an alpha stage. Not some fake alpha stage that a lot of MMOs go through. This is like internal alpha stage.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, this game has quite a few bugs going for it. I will say though that the game is fun as hell to play if you get through the lockups and bugs. I played yesterday morning and 4 hours went by like it was 30 minutes. Between me tweaking deck ideas and then draw-fishing the deck(Playing the AI) time just flies by. I built one deck I call "Spider Bomb" that has yet to go off. Lets just say that if a player is at 20 life and I top draw the play, it will kill the player. Not very competitive, but certainly will be fun to laugh at, if I can get the thing to go off.

I love the format and wish they would at least fix the champion abilities. Only being able to use them once a game is kind of a bummer.

Still a long long way to go, but I love what I have seen so far and look forward to what is coming.

Oh, and my in game name is Ak'Anon.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it me, or does it seem like their patches are pretty small given the time involved?

At this rate the game will be ready sometime in 2015. They have so many issues with the way cards are currently playing. I know the priority bug is a priority, but certainly they also have people working on fixing the current cards. On that note, I am confused why certain cards are even still in the test. Their Clone system needs a lot of work as it currently is. The AI system is not freezing as much but now it makes some really stupid decisions. I mainly use it now just to fish by deck, as the AI system is about worthless for truly testing a deck effectiveness.

Good ole Alpha..

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since yesterday i have not had a single instance of the priority bug stop any of my games from finishing and i'm having a blast.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I installed the alpha yesterday and started screwing around. Definitely an alpha, my inspire deck took a huge beating because Blessing the Fallen is broken (inspire from graveyard) and I over extended into whatever Wrath of God is called.

I will be more interested when they add additional cards to the pool. My traditional deck style is generally disruption / resource denial and there doesn't seem to be enough of that to make a solid deck quite yet.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't hold your breath for resource-denial becoming a primary thing. Modern CCG design has pretty much lumped that in the "Focus Groups Cry" category of shit that will always be overcosted and bad unless design fucks up//desperately needs to sell a set.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing the core set in any TCG always felt "bland" so it's to be expected. You cannot go wild with every strategy until at least the first block is complete (how many sets per block for Hex btw? 3 or 4?).

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Played a bit more over the weekend and my opinion is mostly the same. This game has potential and is amusing. The idea of socketing cards, the escalation mechanic, and other things that are unique to a digital CCG are pretty fun.

One of current favorite cards is verdant (?) beast. It is a 3/3 haste for 2 with the ability that at the end of turn it is shuffled back into your deck, get's +3/3, and loses that ability.

Tried to make an rg beats deck and it works alright. I like the 'escalation' mechanic. The 2 damage escalate for 2 burn spell has been decently powerful when drawing a couple of them.

I also tried to make a mono-white control deck as it is mainly creature vs creature at the moment. Of course, the moment I load that up I play a guy that is running some sort of stall / fireball deck which was pretty amusing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoy the game a lot. I just hope their patches get better and better. Just seems like a lot of bugs that have been posted are not being dealt with in any kind of timely manner. If the whole set was playable, I would not be as concerned about this, but considering there are many cards still missing and not being tested, makes me think that it is going to be a long time til Beta. I have gotten to a point where I play the game every few days now as I feel there is nothing else to really test. The priority bugs have almost been worked out, but will they pop right back up upon introduction of the new cards? Why not remove the cards they know do not work right? I guess perhaps they are hoping some player might post the one of piece of information they need to figure out the cause? I have never been in an Alpha, but at this point I understand why companies should not even bother letting players try the product at this stage.

SlyyDaugg_sl

shitlord
Yeah, this game has quite a few bugs going for it. I will say though that the game is fun as hell to play if you get through the lockups and bugs. I played yesterday morning and 4 hours went by like it was 30 minutes. Between me tweaking deck ideas and then draw-fishing the deck(Playing the AI) time just flies by. I built one deck I call "Spider Bomb" that has yet to go off. Lets just say that if a player is at 20 life and I top draw the play, it will kill the player. Not very competitive, but certainly will be fun to laugh at, if I can get the thing to go off.

I love the format and wish they would at least fix the champion abilities. Only being able to use them once a game is kind of a bummer.

Still a long long way to go, but I love what I have seen so far and look forward to what is coming.

Oh, and my in game name is Ak'Anon.
Johnny decks are the best. I don't care if I win or lose, so long as when I do win, it's something that makes my opponent say "WTF?"