Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I love the idea of it. Couldn't complete my first few games tonight though unfortunately.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am waiting a few days before I try to play again. Seems when they open to new people it revives the priority bug. Is odd how server stability has such a large effect on that portion of the game. 3000 people honestly should not be that bad on their servers. But given how slow they are patching fixes to this game, I am not all that surprised. I want the game to work. I really want this game to work, but their cycles of repairs are making Blizzard look pretty good at this point.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
During last week I played probably around 100 games and encountered the priority bug in no more than ten of them. This didn't really change after the patch on Monday but today I only managed to finish one game. All other games ended before turn four.

In my opinion this is not a problem with the client but related to server software/hardware. In fact I remember that when I stopped having the bug in the first place it was out of the blue and not after a patch.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I played for a week when it first came out as a GK. I haven't play since. I'm just waiting for all the cards to go in. Until then, I have other games to play.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played for a week when it first came out as a GK. I haven't play since. I'm just waiting for all the cards to go in. Until then, I have other games to play.
If they keep adding new cards at the rate they are doing now, I don't think we will see the full set before summer.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
3000 people honestly should not be that bad on their servers. But given how slow they are patching fixes to this game, I am not all that surprised. I want the game to work. I really want this game to work, but their cycles of repairs are making Blizzard look pretty good at this point.
It's alpha.... I know that in previous posts you've claimed that you understand that it is alpha, but you really, really don't seem to.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Made a deck that has been pretty fun to run through a few games. Whipped up Sui Black and it has been competitive. Really it is just basically mono black orcs.

4x Fang of the Mountain God
4x Claw of the Mountain God
4x Shamed Gladiator (socket of damage to champ equal to power when comes into play)
4x Throatcutter
4x Xenoth's Inquisitor (socket of damage to champ equal to power when comes into play)
4x Necessary Sacrifice
4x Murder
4x Extinction
4x Life Siphon
24x Blood Shard

This deck generally starts off prety strong in turns 1-5. It can deliver a pretty good beat down while using all of the destruction to clear a path. Claw of the Mountain God is just scary at turn 3. The only issue has been not quite having enough oomph and my own dudes zerg me to death.

Xenoth's Inquisitor has been very powerful. Survives extinction, useful for Necessary Sacrifice, in addition to being 3 damage to a champion.

I feel like Life Siphon needs a nerf as well. Play for X, deal X damage, gain X life. Kind of silly how playing a single one of those can turn the game around instantly.

I miss dual lands quite a bit. Every attempt at a dual color deck has just hosed me by missing threshold for one of the colors by a few turns. I want to try a red / black version of this deck to make it full orcs, but staying mono black as made the deck more stable.

Needs more cards playable already.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree that not having dual shards of any kind hurts the ability to make a dual color deck. Mono color is the way to go for reliability, but often times two colors have more great permanents to work with. I have resolved myself to adding '' Secret Laboratory" as a two/three of to every deck I build. Having the ability to work through a deck and get to the card I want is just to nice.

Also, the priority bug appears to have a nice temporary fix by using the "End" key to continue the game. Just in case people play without perusing the forums much.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been having enormous success with a Blood/Sapphire control deck these past 2 weeks, similar to Ubiquitrips' deck, but with some more control cards (polymorph, mesmerize), oracle song and a couple of artifacts . Surge mechanism wokrs great especially against lifegain decks.

If anyone wants to play , my name is Trolls

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So I've only played a few games but had a question. Had an AI opponent that kept turning his 6/6 birds into 0/1 (i think) flyers with another card right after he'd summon them. That a bug or he trying to get something going in his deck and failing? Both? I've won both games against that AI opponent for this reason, the 6/6 birds he killed on his own would have trashed me.

ubiquitrips

One thing I have found the AI to be super bad at is Quick vs Basic actions. Definitely plays whatever card taps all troops defense 3 or less on his turn, rather than after my prep phase.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the AI is playing the mana elfs he will always tap them for mana regardless of the situation. AI is better than it was, but still needs some work.

ubiquitrips

Well now that is just confusing, partly because I am not down on Hex terminology fully yet. I can't see how this would possibly be a good change or rather, that it needed to be removed. Just let folks pass priority if they want.

What is considered triggered? Come in to play, beginning of turn, tap to draw a card, that sort of thing? Or is the tap for a card 'activated' or something.

Was just reading a bit online about some of this. Inspire. That seems pretty rough that you don't get a chance to react to a creature before it gets inspire bonuses.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just started playing this on my brother's account.
With the Orc Starter Deck, several of my orcs automatically attack - yet nowhere on their card does it say that they must attack? (Some cards do say this, like the 3/2 for 4 with Speed)

AI not attacking when they have vigilance is silly too, but they have said that AI will be worked on.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to hold off playing for a bit. I am expecting a lot of issues until they iron out the load. I am curious though as to which cards are getting fixed and the 10 new ones coming out for the next patch later this week.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Hello there, backer. You're about to download the alpha client for HEX Trading Card Game. This round of invitations is also serving as a stress test so please do not be alarmed if you experience some instability over the next 48 hours.
Probably hold off trying to download and play it myself. I imagine there will be quite the rush considering the number of invites they sent out.