High Calorie Meals?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I figured I would ask some of you dudes about this health issue I have on my hands. Long story short, my mother is very sick, and is thin as fuck. I take care of her but its getting hard to get weight on her. She is on a feeding tube but I want to start making small prepared meals for her to try and get her weight up.

Any suggestions on some small prepared meals I can make for her? I know eggs/grains/pasta etc but was wondering about some of the more obscure/cost effective items that can supplement her weight gain.

Thanks to anyone who responds, I appreciate it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Shit food is usually high calorie food but I have to assume that your mother has conditions that complicate diet preparation.

I would start with what she likes to eat and what she can eat and then find ways to chuck calories into the diet. One idea to make good caloric gains is with juice.

I'd also check with her doctor to see what she should and shouldn't eat.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Aww man, I was hoping this was a thread where we could revel in our gluttony and post the shit we know we shouldn't eat at restaurants. Like this.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...restaurants/6/

The Bloomin' Burger
This hefty burger is a patty piled high with Outback Steakhouse's infamous Bloomin' Onion petals, American cheese, Bloomin' sauce, and it comes with "Aussie" fries. Just 1,574 cal and almost 100g of fat.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of Peanut Butter, eggs, and if she can stomach protein the easiest way to put on weight is through Protein Mass Gainer. 600 calories plus 55 grams of protein in liquid form is a lot easier to take in high calories than healthy food options and much better than downing McDonalds and Wendys. It shouldn't replace a meal but if she can drink one down to supplement her meals it should make a big difference.

Making high calorie yet healthy small meals is extremely harm to do. Like Tuco said, find what she likes and can eat and then jazz it up with calories. For example, if she likes sweet potatoes, make drunken sweet potatoes instead so the butter can up the calories. Or green bean casserole instead of just having green beans. The problem though is these type of meals are more involved and probably harder on the stomach.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I used to get a Triple Cheeseburger from Wendy's with a large Coke, large Fries, and an order of Chicken Strips everyday. Got the 'betes after that. Never again.

TPDDODD_sl

shitlord
A very sick person is probably better off getting that sort of advice from a more dependable source than strangers on the internet. If you can afford it, make an appointment with and follow the advice and directions of a certified dietitian or more highly qualified expert. Having said all that, ask the professional whether frequent small amounts of ensure would be helpful, without being hurtful.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
A very sick person is probably better off getting that sort of advice from a more dependable source than strangers on the internet. If you can afford it, make an appointment with and follow the advice and directions of a certified dietitian or more highly qualified expert. Having said all that, ask the professional whether frequent small amounts of ensure would be helpful, without being hurtful.
This ^^. Even if there were someone on the board who is a dietician (I'm not) they would also need to know what said sick person is currently capable of eating. Can they chew? Stomach heavy meats like Beef? You mentioned she was on a feeding tube so that raises questions.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Barring an dietary requirements of whatever condition she has: if you just want to pack in calories make her pancakes with protein powder in them. Pancakes are already pretty high in calories to start, but mix in a scoop of protein, add butter/jam/syrup/fruit/whatever and you can easily eat 1000 calories in just a couple pancakes. I used to feed my grandma two pancakes with two scoops of protein + butter + bananas + maple every morning while she was doing chemo and it helped her a ton (once the pot brownies got her apetite up anyway).

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, no useful information can be gleaned from the thread without knowing what she's sick with and why.

Cancer is very different from something like Alzheimers, which is very different from just having GI issues and having trouble digesting things. And all of that is pretty well scrapped when you toss in the "she has a feeding tube" thing.

You gotta talk to the doctors, not us.

I didn't know that peanut butter and jelly is so controversial that you needed to get a doctors permission to eat it. And eggs? Eggs are high calorie foods?

And your mother should not be drinking fucking protein shakes made by some goofy supplement company. It's in no way better than fast food to be honest because McDonalds really isnt even that bad and the FDA has made sure that whats McDonalds says is in their food is actually in their food. No one knows whats in a protein shake, it's basically scouts honor. Eat real food.

PB&J, ice cream, and so on.

Jozu

Well, sorry for not getting into the details but I didnt want to sound like I was feeling bad for myself, or trying to come off as a tool who rattled off all of her ailments in my OP.

But just in order to help, she has chronic liver failure (cirrhosis) diabetes, kidney failure (she is on dialysis) nueropathy, schizophrenia and horrible nutrition. She is not a certified schizo she just talks in her sleep so she has to take Risperidone to help it.

She is supposed to be on a feeding tube 24 hrs a day (its inserted nasally, and goes all the way down into her colon past her stomach. She cant have it placed directly as her stomach is always filled with 6+ liters of fluid due to the liver failure) but its hard to maintain that 45 ml an hour because she has problems with shitting herself. Trust me I have been living a smal nightmare for the past 2 and a half years trying to take care of her as no one else helpes out. My little bro and sis are 21 or so and are living their lives and cant be bothered. Im 28 and the oldest so naturally Im taking the responsibility.

And I talked to her doctors and they all say the same stupid shit. "She needs to eat right, blah blah blah". But Im kind of looking for small tricks to bombard her with calories. I like the protien pancakes. Its cheap, and it works. Her problem is she loves stupid fucking food, like vegatable soup, and chicken broth and fruit and dumb, non weight gaining shit. She is really bad right now, like so bad she cant even get to her toilet. Anyway, she cant really eat sodium or salt or sugary shit. But other than that Im all ears.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Stupid. Fucking. Food.

Like vegetable soup, chicken broth and fruit.

I think we're done here, folks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And I talked to her doctors and they all say the same stupid shit. "She needs to eat right, blah blah blah". But Im kind of looking for small tricks to bombard her with calories. I like the protien pancakes. Its cheap, and it works. Her problem is she loves stupid fucking food, like vegatable soup, and chicken broth and fruit and dumb, non weight gaining shit. She is really bad right now, like so bad she cant even get to her toilet. Anyway, she cant really eat sodium or salt or sugary shit. But other than that Im all ears.
lol @ vegetable soup, chicken broth and fruit being 'stupid shit'.

But at least you've given some constraints with salt/sugary. How can she eat a lot of fruit if she can't have a lot of sugars?

If she likes fruit have her drink juice (Assuming you're full of shit with the no sugary stuff). You can also find unsalted peanut butter and if she likes it it's easy to add a ton of calories with PB&J.

If she likes milk (and can process it, it's hard on the kidneys iirc) that's great too.

If she likes chicken broth then you can make some high calorie chicken soup by using fattier chicken, more noodles and put more grease into the broth.

It's all about what she likes and what she can eat. If you want better answers you need better information than 'vegetable, broth, fruit shit' and 'her doctor says to eat right'.

Jozu

Stupid. Fucking. Food.

Like vegetable soup, chicken broth and fruit.

I think we're done here, folks.
?? How does her eating a soup of vegatables gain her weight when she burns like 2k calories a day just keeping the fluid in her stomach warm? How is that not stupid for her to eat at this point? And she is banned from eating the real sugary fruits (I try to anyway) but my point was she likes soups with no protein and other light shit that isnt going to help her now.

I'm not trying to act like Im some expert. I searched on google and a lot of the shit was retarded as fuck shit about feeding underweight cats and babies. just figured some of you had a couple ideas for fast calories thats all. My bud told me to just feed her grains and egg whites in the morning and then chicken breast and rice with a ton of olive oil.

Maybe you could get some weight gain formula from a body building store?

294qyab.jpg