Highlander II: The Quickening (1991)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They just didn't care about continuity back then. With that many seasons / movies / writers, you had to make a special effort to keep track of all that shit and AFAIK, there was no one person in charge of the franchise in a position to do it. Lucas cared about continuity with star wars and even he let things get out of hand. Did anyone care about it before then? B5 was the first TV show I knew of that cared about continuity and they only managed it because JMS was in total control and had a story arc planned out from the start.

Point is, sometimes you gotta just chuckle and let it go to enjoy great shows. Even when they occasionally dick slap you in the face with something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Point is, sometimes you gotta just chuckle and let it go to enjoy great shows. Even when they occasionally dick slap you in the face with something.

Yeah. For me I think Buffy was the earliest show I've seen with spot-on continuity from season to season. Characters just offhandedly referencing things from four years earlier in conversations, etc. They did a damn good job with that show. Before that (so before 1997 or so) continuity in shows was pretty much just something you lucked into sometimes.

Not done with the list, but the one reminded me... I forgot if it was him (Haresh Clay) or another, but it was a dude the Duncan really had no quarl with and didnt really want to kill but Richie somehow got him into it and it was a reluctant kill.

The series really did shine in variation on a simple same theme - that is one of its legs I suppose, and Adrian Paul, as I am constantly reminded by the gay and women fans lulz

Haresh Clay is the guy who was after Richie, yeah. He's one of the coolest immortals in the series IMO. Guy is portrayed as being pretty much on Duncan's power level, and a similar moral crusader type of guy who stands up for his friends. Richie kills one of his proteges in a duel, so he goes to avenge the guy. IIRC Richie was in the wrong, too, and the guy wasn't even seeking a quarrel.

So it was one of those moral grey area episodes where the bad guy (Haresh) actually had a completely legitimate reason for wanting Richie's head on a pike, and Duncan had to fight this guy he didn't want to fight just to keep Richie from being slaughtered. Very good episode. Haresh should have been in more episodes, definitely one of the most legit foes in the series.

BTW, I tried to send you a message about all this Highlander stuff, doesn't seem to be any option to PM you though.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. For me I think Buffy was the earliest show I've seen with spot-on continuity from season to season. Characters just offhandedly referencing things from four years earlier in conversations, etc. They did a damn good job with that show. Before that (so before 1997 or so) continuity in shows was pretty much just something you lucked into sometimes.
I think that's why people like joss whedon so much.

Siliconemelons

I always seemed to gravitate to story arcs even as a kid- like I loved the animated show Gargoyles- also a plus for having TNG voice actors

gak

<Gold Donor>
Here, enjoy the most nonsensical thing Michael Ironside has ever done. And that's saying a LOT.
lol, I remember it being the worst movie I'd ever watched at the time, shocking to see it's even worse than I remember.

h2.jpg

• 1Solidarity