Highlander

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not a space baby. Just a magical fuck beam where immortals are fertile. There wasn't enough nudity in the magical fuck beam.

The Source has a lot of different versions. One cut of the movie has Anna explaining the plot of the movie and WTF just happened right after the final fight ends, which is pretty comical.

Is Highlander II hilarious bad or bad bad? Never saw it and wondering if it's worth my time.

It's hilarious bad. The villain is totally over the top, even by Highlander standards. Connor starts out as an old mortal (cause HL1) and then gets magically de-aged by becoming immortal again, then he bangs Virginia Madsen in a grimy alleyway. Ramirez warps in from the past and questions some stage actor's sexuality before stumbling around marveling at modern technology. Oh yeah and they try to retcon the whole mythos to say that Connor and Ramirez are actually revolutionaries from an alien world who beamed into human bodies or something like that.

Yeah, HL2 is hilarious bad, as opposed to The Source which is unwatchable "damage everything that came before it" bad. I'm due for an HL2 rewatch myself, but I'm not sure where to even find it at this point. All the streaming versions seem to be the HL2 Renegade Cut, as is the DVD I have in the DVD set of the movies.

Renegade Cut is the way to watch HL2 if you want to see a decent movie, since it edits out a lot of the dumbest parts. However if you want the Bad HL2 Experience you gotta find the original theatrical version, wherever that is.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The Source has a lot of different versions. One cut of the movie has Anna explaining the plot of the movie and WTF just happened right after the final fight ends, which is pretty comical.

It's hilarious bad. The villain is totally over the top, even by Highlander standards. Connor starts out as an old mortal (cause HL1) and then gets magically de-aged by becoming immortal again, then he bangs Virginia Madsen in a grimy alleyway. Ramirez warps in from the past and questions some stage actor's sexuality before stumbling around marveling at modern technology. Oh yeah and they try to retcon the whole mythos to say that Connor and Ramirez are actually revolutionaries from an alien world who beamed into human bodies or something like that.

Yeah, HL2 is hilarious bad, as opposed to The Source which is unwatchable "damage everything that came before it" bad. I'm due for an HL2 rewatch myself, but I'm not sure where to even find it at this point. All the streaming versions seem to be the HL2 Renegade Cut, as is the DVD I have in the DVD set of the movies.

Renegade Cut is the way to watch HL2 if you want to see a decent movie, since it edits out a lot of the dumbest parts. However if you want the Bad HL2 Experience you gotta find the original theatrical version, wherever that is.
I remember going to see Highlander 2 in the theater with a bunch of friends because we were so hyped after the first one. I'm not sure I have ever watched it again since then, it was so bad, so my memory might be a little hazy, but for years we referred to the insanely bad scene with Michael Ironsides hijacking a train or subway or something and just make ridiculous faces and noises as perhaps the lowest moment in cinema history.

Oh sweet Jesus, I found it. Thankfully I'm at work and can't hear it, so I still don't comprehend exactly how bad it is.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
For all of its faults... of which there are MANY... I still love the "counting bullet holes" scene. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i seem to remember the other planet stuff was in the original Highlander but was cut out of the theatrical cut but may have been included in a later cut. i dunno, i just know with Highlander there can be only one and thats the original. nothing else matters.

Siliconemelons

Ziest lol I mean 'the ppaaaasssstttt' as it is in the cut version

The anime is good if you have not seen it

The source could have been good, the first fight w the guardian and the Asian dude was good

But it just goes bad like endgame where they do stuff that just makes no sense or anyone happy

The flashback scenes eluded to so much and just bleh

When the dude found a bmw suv in the middle of nowhere, it was laugh out loud bad that everyone just by then if not sooner had given up.

Then you don't truly beat the guardian? Even after helllooo Joe! You just sand storm him into the ground?! What. Gif

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ziest lol I mean 'the ppaaaasssstttt' as it is in the cut version

The anime is good if you have not seen it

The source could have been good, the first fight w the guardian and the Asian dude was good

But it just goes bad like endgame where they do stuff that just makes no sense or anyone happy

The flashback scenes eluded to so much and just bleh

When the dude found a bmw suv in the middle of nowhere, it was laugh out loud bad that everyone just by then if not sooner had given up.

Then you don't truly beat the guardian? Even after helllooo Joe! You just sand storm him into the ground?! What. Gif
season 2 episode 3 GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I mean, I am talking about Highlander 2 versions, Endgame AND The Source - so I am sure there is not much distinction between those and a stroke victim- and I was posting from my phone.

Originally Highlander 2 the immortals were from the planet Zeist, and sent to Earth as a punishment / prison... where they gain immortality? but all of them are 'forced' by an innate call to kill each other etc.

The Renegade version, and or other cuts change "Zeist" to "The distant past" - retconning a retcon about them being aliens, I guess time travelers is better to keep within "the lore"

Both Endgame and The Source make big questionable changes to be "movie friendly" and "contained" to its own story, just in case someone going to go see Endgame didn't watch The Series, or someone watching The Source was not already a die hard Highlander fan. Each one makes new relations and characters when they could have used established ones for better consistency and emotional weight. They have glaring flaws that had no reason to be there, such as Sanctuary not being on holy ground in Endgame - just for an example.

And the part about the SUV in The Source was just funny, but it was fairly quick bit in a montage-y part near the end where I think it was Mythos just is like "Look! a brand new working BMW (i think) SUV! in the middle of nowhere (and in a post apocalyptic setting at that) yay!"

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I am talking about Highlander 2 versions, Endgame AND The Source - so I am sure there is not much distinction between those and a stroke victim- and I was posting from my phone.

Originally Highlander 2 the immortals were from the planet Zeist, and sent to Earth as a punishment / prison... where they gain immortality? but all of them are 'forced' by an innate call to kill each other etc.

The Renegade version, and or other cuts change "Zeist" to "The distant past" - retconning a retcon about them being aliens, I guess time travelers is better to keep within "the lore"

Both Endgame and The Source make big questionable changes to be "movie friendly" and "contained" to its own story, just in case someone going to go see Endgame didn't watch The Series, or someone watching The Source was not already a die hard Highlander fan. Each one makes new relations and characters when they could have used established ones for better consistency and emotional weight. They have glaring flaws that had no reason to be there, such as Sanctuary not being on holy ground in Endgame - just for an example.

And the part about the SUV in The Source was just funny, but it was fairly quick bit in a montage-y part near the end where I think it was Mythos just is like "Look! a brand new working BMW (i think) SUV! in the middle of nowhere (and in a post apocalyptic setting at that) yay!"
Sorry, I guess I just misconstrued your extensive knowledge of stuff probably no one else remembers as a stroke! I've watched all of the movies I believe (was there one with Mario Van Peebles? I swear there was, but maybe I'm having a mini stroke too), and I don't remember any of that. That's likely my fault for trying to block it all out, but I'm impressed that you can remember all of that.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Sorry, I guess I just misconstrued your extensive knowledge of stuff probably no one else remembers as a stroke! I've watched all of the movies I believe (was there one with Mario Van Peebles? I swear there was, but maybe I'm having a mini stroke too), and I don't remember any of that. That's likely my fault for trying to block it all out, but I'm impressed that you can remember all of that.

The Peebles was Highlander 3, I liked Highlander 3 - it goes well from 1, it explains why the game ended, then started (even if people do not like the explanation) - I also like 2 on its own. Endgame ticked me off because of its potential that was wasted- same with The Source.

The Anime (Search for Vengance) is great as an anime and a highlander movie - if you haven't seen that one.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

That should be timestamped - heh, The Source is free with ads on YouTube - this happens after what is actually one of the good fight scenes.

And holy goodness I forgot they used 90% of the movies budget to get the rights to Princes of the Universe and had it redone - it is during this that the new guy "Reggie" finds the SUV during the song, again linked above for your viewing pleasure and enjoyment of the "new" version of Prices of the Universe.

Scrolling around the movie to find this I am remembering more, it really was not that bad in /general/ but flat out bombed a handful of things that should have been big wins that it really just destroys the movie as a whole.

Edit: timestamp 45:15 - link apparently didn't like it.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
My biggest memory of seeing Highlander 2 in the cinema was during a quiet scene, someone let out a really loud fart. Really loud!

Then, from another area, "Take it easy buddy!"

And everyone laughed.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not sure what you assholes are going on about. There was only ever 1 Highlander movie. Got a good TV series out of it too.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jovec

?
Not sure what you assholes are going on about. There was only ever 1 Highlander movie. Got a good TV series out of it too.

^^

I can sort of understand 2 and 3 not really knowing what they wanted to do, but by the time 4/Endgame released the TV show had established the Highlander rules/universe fairly well and there was no reason for Endgame to deviate from them.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Some fuckwit the other day was trying to tell me they made a sequel to The Matrix, too. What are these people on?

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Some fuckwit the other day was trying to tell me they made a sequel to The Matrix, too. What are these people on?

they did, they made one sequel. no more, no less. it's optional though you can totally just watch the original and be satisfied.