Hip-Hop/Rap thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit, that em song is just I don't even. Dude IS a GOD.
That song just cemented Eminem as the best lyricist ever. I've listened to rap since it started (raised in NYC, and hence my board name), and I've never heard anybody rap out of their mind like that. Everyone else is just playing at rap.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That song just cemented Eminem as the best lyricist ever. I've listened to rap since it started (raised in NYC, and hence my board name), and I've never heard anybody rap out of their mind like that. Everyone else is just playing at rap.
Playing? You can't say stuff like that when you have legends like 2pac and Biggie lol... Unless you mean today's rappers? That's a badass rap for sure. I wish we still had Pac, Biggie, Pun, Big L ect.. imagine all these guys working together? damn! I'm due for a 2Pac link! Man this song is amazing.. my cruising song.

kudos

<Banned>
Playing? You can't say stuff like that when you have legends like 2pac and Biggie lol... Unless you mean today's rappers? That's a badass rap for sure. I wish we still had Pac, Biggie, Pun, Big L ect.. imagine all these guys working together? damn! I'm due for a 2Pac link! Man this song is amazing.. my cruising song.

Sorry but Rap God is deeper than anything 2Pac could ever dream of coming up with.

There is so much going on. Just read:Eminem - Rap God Lyrics | Rap Genius

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry but Rap God is deeper than anything 2Pac could ever dream of coming up with.

There is so much going on. Just read:Eminem ??" Rap God Lyrics | Rap Genius

I think it's an amazing song but to compare what 2pac did at 25 in the early 90s isn't really a good argument. Guys like 2pac raised the bar. That's why he pays Respect to him. Makaveli album was well before it's time. Just like what biggie was doing. Same thing, different era. Em just had more time to study and perfect his craft. Can you imagine what 2pac would of come up with had he even just lived a few more years?

I think em is probably the best lyricist out there.. I always thought biggie, Nas, and em were tops..2pac was better at having the most relevant thing to say..

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yep, Eminem wins the rap game on that song! He just shit on everyone and said fuck you i worked my ass off to be the rap god. lol Great shit

Was that song a diss to Kanye West? if so, that shit is even better

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since I all but hijacked this thread with 2pac.. Just wanted to post the last 3 songs he recorded before he got shot. All done 3 days before Vegas, including Mike Tyson's intro.. He always wrote his rhymes right before he recorded them which is pretty amazing. Anyway.. I love the diversity in the 3 songs..Plus his fire in ALL Out.

Bonus Video of a song 2Pac and Biggie did together!

Ok Hijack over for now=P

Musab

Molten Core Raider
"Sorry but Rap God is deeper than anything 2Pac could ever dream of coming up with."

Really?
You do know Tupac was dumbing his shit down for a bigger purpose. He was making music that all cats could relate to, and he was fixing to do some movement/political war before he got killed.
Eminem has no equal when it comes to word play, but to say his shit is deep...come on.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
1993 back in my high school pot head days! wow, so long ago. Maybe 94. The early to mid 90's are a bit cloudy.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Its easy to look at things with rose colored glasses. I grew up listening to pac as well. However break apart their songs and Eminem just beats tupac at every word. Hell in that letter to the president video Tupac uses bitches to rhyme like twice within 45 seconds. 15 of which isn't even him rapping yet. Wakandanz and bitches.

The only thing left at the end of the day that tupac beats eminem in is being black...

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I dig Eminem. His first two albums were good. But Em's as much Eddie Van Halen in rock as Beyonce's in soul, and both needed Jimi Hendrix and Aretha Franklin to get where they got, much like Hendrix and Franklin needed someone--insert names here--too and so on. Your point is
retarded.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its easy to look at things with rose colored glasses. I grew up listening to pac as well. However break apart their songs and Eminem just beats tupac at every word. Hell in that letter to the president video Tupac uses bitches to rhyme like twice within 45 seconds. 15 of which isn't even him rapping yet. Wakandanz and bitches.

The only thing left at the end of the day that tupac beats eminem in is being black...
Just holla my name and witness game official
Wakandans is so ashamed they stand stiff like scared bitches
While I remain inside a paradox called my block
Though gunshots is promised to me, when will I stop?
I hit the weed and hope to God I can fly high
Witness my enemies die when I ride by, they shouldn'ta tried me
I send they bodies to they parents up North
With they faces they wrists and they nuts cut off
Fuck 'em all what I scream as I dream in tongues
Fuck a trick, get me rich and the bitches'll come
Bust my gun, make 'em all scatter
Bullets to my nuts only made my balls fatter, eat a dick BEYOTCH!
Mercy, never that, you say you comin' back?
Bring it on, forever strapped
Introduce you to the pleasure and the pain, you can go so far
Just sell me your soul, and live the life.. (of a ghetto star)

I think had he moved away from the harder rap, his word play would have gotten much better. Again, it's easy to say Em wrote better songs, but he also had a lot of reference material. I think 2pac and Biggie were just so damn creative that rap would be in a different place right now had both of them lived.

Kazeek_sl

shitlord
cool.png