Hip-Hop/Rap thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, I was expecting better I guess.

“You wanna be me and suck my sick” was the jist of it. Which cool, it’s a dis track but there wasn’t a lot of great stuff there for me I guess.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, that's pretty classically what diss tracks have always been.

Though I think eminem is at his best when he's attacking people, so I fucking loved it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The more I listen the more I like it.....he flipped basically everything MGK said and added a lot of things back. He also didnt even seem to be mad like he was just playing with him.

Great year to be an Em fan!

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He went some Inception levels deep on some stuff, brought back the old slim shady.....like this

The game's mine again and ain't nothin' changed but the locks
So before I slay this bitch I, mwah, give Jade a kiss

I mean.....holy fuck. Reference to his daughter middle name Hailey Jade (since MGK tweeted about her), reference to the Lox and Jadakiss, how his locks changed.... and yea....then basically turned his shitty hooks on themselves, called him out for autotune etc.

RIP

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
He went some Inception levels deep on some stuff, brought back the old slim shady.....like this

The game's mine again and ain't nothin' changed but the locks
So before I slay this bitch I, mwah, give Jade a kiss

The whole CD is full of shit like that. I forget the song but he goes some like

“I stole the show, sorry if I took forever” which is a sly drake diss. I don’t follow the rap scene or rap in general so I know I miss a ton of references like that. I listened to a few of my favorite songs on kamikaze while reading the lyrics along with it and his writing blows me away. That’s the only way I can catch and process what he’s saying.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i enjoy reading over his lyrics, they're pretty ridiculous when sometimes they phonetically sound more simple than they are

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I posted about this in the "listening to right now" thread, but I really fucking like this song. It's a story! Lives up to the name Mona Lisa.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Past few days have been rather interesting. I'm not a fan of hip/hop/rap, but I've been aware of it for a long time. I've felt that rap is just so generic, basically every song is "I'm better than you" type shit... just boring trash. Yet in these past few days I've come across Joyner Lucas, Eminem, and Kendrick Lamar. This Kamikaze album is pretty amazing, not sure anyone can match Eminem use of lyrics. Then you have Kendrick's "Damn" album... "Humble" and "DNA" are pretty badass. And Joyner? That guy has a talent for telling a story through his rap, great stuff.

Then I came across Post Malone, never heard of him before the other day, though after listening to alot of his stuff, I've heard clips of his song from various places. Is he a fluke? Should I feel bad for liking so many of his songs? Its like he's become a huge celebrity... but I had no idea who he was.

Have to say that Sony is making ALL the right choices for this upcoming Spider-man movie... just feels like the movie is going to a huge hit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Posty blew up with White Iverson awhile back, and really blew up over the past year or two. He's good at making really top 100s esque hip hop music so it appeals to a lot of people

I'm glad joyner is blowing up though, i still think the way he told the story on ross cappicioni is unreal

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
It’s been a long time since I’ve listened to rap much but since Eminem’s last album I’ve been finding some good stuff. Cyhi and J Cole have been my favorite two so far outside of em and Kendrick.