Hip-Hop/Rap thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Tech 9 is not Tech N9ne

#relieved

tenor.gif

gauze

Molten Core Raider
East Coast supergroup, Beast Coast just debut their album today. Definitely a happy surprise for me, cause i've been sleeping on much of New York

Pro Era, Flatbush Zombies, and The Underachievers

Quick rundown on each group,

Flatbush Zombies is prob my favorite out of them all because Darko just has a good ODB slurr.. and probably the best hiphop live performance i've seen, something like Kendrick didn't even compare in my book.

The Underachievers, essentially got in bed w/ FlyLo's recordlabel Brainfeeder

Joey Badass, just 1 of a few members from Pro Era in the group.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not very far in but liking it a lot. Surprised I didn't hear this was a thing? Also kinda dig they have a RIP STEEZ on the album art. Dude had a fucked up ending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I was surprised to see it myself. I recently learned they released Left Hand on my birthday last month bahaha, oddly enough I am left handed.

I do know they got some deep history as a whole, like child hood friends. When I saw Flatbush in NOLA, Issa and AK showed up. I know they all pretty much tour together, including ASAP which would have been a cool to have anyone come through from there..

Steez is actually the one who coined the "beast coast movement" but I never imagined it to be a super group collabo. I figured it was just some ofwgkta like collective while all the artist had their own gig.

The thing that got me was the SNES Wrestlemania, just makes them feel more grounded to me, and/or relatable? or nostalgic; i'm not too sure.. I am pretty much the same age as them. So its interesting, cause that was definitely a neighborhood throwdown for me. Roadwarriors.

As far as Steez though, Joey is suppose to release King Capital, posthumous. It was suppose to be last year, but delayed; so i'm guessing December this year if they trying to commemorate; idk. It's going to be an interesting album for sure, hopefully have some defining elements. I know as a person, he was on some next level shit.. into a lot of spiritual, astral, Egyptian, so forth. I remember reading an interview somewhere that he wanted to bring that in to the game. For an 18yrold, he had a brain on him for sure.. so it'll be interesting to see what his album is about.

such good moodyblues sample