Hitman 3 from IO Interactive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Enjoying the Hitman 1 content, and from what I understand it's the worst of the bunch - that's pretty exciting as I'm having a great time playing this like James Bond meets Mission Impossible. What a neat little game, and I love that I don't feel obligated to just power-session this game. Can kind of jump in, do a campaign mission or two and jump out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Enjoying the Hitman 1 content, and from what I understand it's the worst of the bunch - that's pretty exciting as I'm having a great time playing this like James Bond meets Mission Impossible. What a neat little game, and I love that I don't feel obligated to just power-session this game. Can kind of jump in, do a campaign mission or two and jump out.

I didn't play alot of Hitman 2, but the games seems to reward just rando exploring to figure out how to do all the different challenges/killing methods which I like

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I didn't play alot of Hitman 2, but the games seems to reward just rando exploring to figure out how to do all the different challenges/killing methods which I like
Ya I just realized the different methods reward more points etc. Figured out by sort of accidentally killing this bitch by dropping a chandelier on her head haha

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I played 4-5 hours of Hitman 3, just Dubai, last night and loved it. Each game is slightly better than the last but nothing crazy changes, which I appreciate in this day and age when game designers seem to think changing everything is what gamers want. The graphics in H3 are nuts, you really notice the jump from H1 in textures, effects, level design, etc.

The always online thing sucks (you can play offline, but I think your progression gets a bit fucked) since I got an error message at least 10 times last night but it was able to reconnect and keep going, knock on wood.

Purists will say you should play with all the hints stuff off for the "cleanest" experience, but meh I like playing however. There is the mastery difficulty level which turns off most stuff and only allows 1 save per level, if you really wanna git gud.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, I guess karma is a thing and is fucking me over in this game. I have almost 200 hours into CP2077 with minimal technical issues, no big save bugs etc...

I've hard crashed in this game like 4 times today, where I have to manually reboot my pc. An hour or so ago I downloaded a 500mb update (thinking it may alleviate the hard crashes/freezes), and now the game won't load. No matter what I've tried, I click launch, it boots up the EGS, launches the little window, click play, loads up EGS, repeat without ever launching the game. Tried to verify files, launching as admin, updated drivers, nothing fucking works. I uninstalled and am doing a fresh game install but not too hopeful as other people seem to be experiencing the same as me.

Fucking thing sucks, and fuck the EGS.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to play this but I never beat GTA V. I originally bought it for PS3 (waited till midnight for that one lol) in 2013 but never beat it.

I just bought it for PC and am having a blast. Hearing a lot of good things about Hitman 3 though. hopefully it isnt short.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

FFS, could Sony possibly have made their retard version of Smart Delivery any more convoluted? Had to search reddit to finally get some idea of how to get the PS5 upgrade version from a PS4 disc, and pretty much everyone posting there has been completely unable to get it to work. I don't know if I got lucky or just happened to find the correct thing buried deep in the store, but it still took a couple hours of fucking around to get it downloaded. And since it made me install the PS4 version first, I think there's probably wasted SSD space from re-downloading the whole thing again and copying it over the PS4 install. Smart Delivery is like... put disc in, install correct version, done.

Now I'm stuck at the point where I want to unlock Hitman 2 missions (amazingly Hitman 1 wasn't a problem at all, GOTY version was just listed as a free add-on that downloaded immediately) in Hitman 3 and that seemed fucked up too. Really hope I can do it from my PS4 which still has Hitman 2 installed and then have the license activated to just download it to PS5, because I don't have enough damn space on my PS5 to install Hitman 2 as well.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah PS5 has no smart delivery, their entire infrastructure is some Nintendo type bull shit

. Its not too bad to "manage" like an STD, if you have any version of a game installed click the ... button on the PSN home page, and you should see the options to see the PS4 or PS5 edition of a game. If it doesn't say PS4 then you have the PS5 version. Uninstall or move to an external drive the PS4 versions so your SSD is "clean". Hitman 3 requires the PS4 version to run in PSVR mode, another dumbshit Sony thing - I guess PS5 editions of a game can't run PSVR, like at all.

The PS5 doesn't explicitly ever say you have the PS5 edition of a game, just not saying PS4 means its the PS5 version. Stupid as fuck, but I guess it works once you remember this. And yeah, preorders and stuff will generally download BOTH ps4 and ps5 versions of a game, cuz PSN sucks.

Vorph

Finally got it setup properly. I was able to activate the Hitman 2 missions from my PS4 and then use 'Manage Game Content' to download the unlocker for the PS5 without having to install Hitman 2. Then I checked to see how much space the game was using, and the PS4 version was indeed eating up an extra 65GB (something like 7-8GB more than the PS5 version, which seems weird). Took a chance and uninstalled it and the PS5 version still works fine. By that point I was expecting it to nuke everything and I'd have to start over.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What are the online components of the game?

a scoreboard, custom user created targets, anything else?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Can't access the Hitman 1 missions in 3 on the new xbox x. Apparently a known issue but annoying. Another reminder to never buy anything on launch.

spronk

FPS noob
just got to the Apex Predator (Berlin) level and jesus christ this is insane. Really makes me wonder how crazy their next game, a James Bond IP game, will be. Hopefully its set in the 60s-80s and has crazy Q stuff

the 2nd level, Dartmoor, has a few bugs for the photo challenges but you can get them done with a restarted, clean play. Playing a level too long or collecting too much or something fucks up the few photo challenges. So far have absolutely loved Dubai (new money) and Dartmoor (old money), taking my time to really explore each level.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So cliff notes for the old guy here.
I bought Hitman 3 digital standard for ps5. So to play hitman 1 I buy the GOTY edition and for hitman 2 I can buy either gold or standard. Do these all play as 60fps as hitman 3 does then?

spronk

FPS noob
yup, just install and run H3 and tab over to STORE and you should see Hitman GOTY, Hitman 2 Standard, and Hitman 2 Gold as stuff to "buy" (free if you owned them before) and the previous game levels will all be present inside Hitman 3 then, along with challenges, progression, etc. Its like a 10 meg download to install all the previous levels.

hitman-3-how-to-import-all-levels-and-locations-from-hitman-1-and-hitman-2-on-ps5-ps4-2.original.jpg

If you want to carryover your actual progression from the previous games (not necessary) go to HITMAN 3 CARRYOVER to carry over, one time, per platform. Doing this will erase all your H3 progression so do it before you play the game

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So best way to get all this is to purchase Hitman GOTY and Hitman 2 gold used physical correct? 120 otherwise lol

Vorph

Don't you already have Hitman from PS+? The season pass upgrade is $20 but it will probably go on sale before too long, and the DLC content was just so-so anyway.

But yeah, getting ahold of the physical copies would definitely work, though that may be easier said than done.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’ll have to check. I didn’t play a lot of Hitman but went through the first mission in 3 and now I’m thinking I may want to play all of them for the story

Vorph

Now if they could just do it without selling out to Timmy Tencent or turning a single player game into a GaaS abomination. I know that elusive targets are supposed to be the justification for always-online, but after the first couple weeks of it they're more of an annoyance than a selling point to the game. If I'm playing something else I don't want to stop to play Hitman just because missing one means it's gone for somewhere between a very long time and forever, along with the things completing it unlocks.