Hodj Proved Salty: A Tranny's Victory Thread

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Nice solid upper mid range pc parts ordered, most due Saturday, the rest Tuesday.

I leave you good gentlefolk this fine evening with an image that, to me as a True Man of the North, says it all, really.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
hodj hodj you are going about building a PC all wrong.

1. Ask the Forum for help picking out parts, given a certain price range
  2. Step back and let them fight it out, Thunderdome style, until a consensus develops
  3. Buy a prebuilt from IBUYPOWER or similar site
  4. Post pics and watch people lose their marbles, then...
  5. ...argue with them about it
  6. $$$ PROFIT$$$

• 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fuck buying prebuilt ever ever ever.

Its been like 15 or more years since I bought a pre built pc. Has to have been more than that. I can't even remember any more. Probably bought a dell once in like 1998 or 2000 in order to have access to the internet so I could teach myself to buy parts and build my own pcs.

I went with a nice, mid range, ~$1500 dollar pc that should be good for 3 to 5 or 6 years if I update it a bit in like 2.5 to 3 years.

Has a Ryzen 5 2600x, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F mobo, 16gb corsair ram, gigabyte RTX 2060, 2 ssds, a nice quite tower case and a 750w power supply. I'm happy with it. Nice price point, just one real step down from best in class at the time parts.

I'm upgrading from a 5 year old i7 with 2 970s in sli so should be a decent upgrade at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
This by far is the saltiest, southernest thread on the internet. Good work, hodj.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Feanor Feanor we're discussing my new pc build, would you like to challenge Erronius Erronius to mortal kombat in the Thunderdome, as per his suggestion such that a consensus can be formed as to which prebuilt ibuypower pc I purchase?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
wIVW6uo.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm sorry I don't recall inviting bootlicking ankle biters to join us in my glorious thread all about me. Thanks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Have all my new pc components except the case, and the windows installer (which I could honestly make myself but I'm lazy so fuck it unless I have to) and its annoying because I could have this thing set up in like an hour or two max if I had that fucking case.

Someone salt me I'm salty over this

• 6Salty
Reactions: 5 users