Holiday misfires

I'm just a working stiff, low level college teacher, and that is fine by me, but one of my nephews works in LA in the recording studio biz, and it so happens one of my best friends from high school is a talent scout out there, and so I have not seen my nephew in literally 10 years and so it was kind of cool swapping stories about show biz.

I didn't want to bore anyone, so as everyone was tucking into their turkey and whatnot, I started telling my nephew about this act my friend had recently told me about. This dude shows up and he says, we have got a great act, we have this down to a science, and it is a sure thing from Branson to Vegas.My friend says, so what's the act.

The fellow gestures with a sweep of his hand to his family that had entered the room with him, his twin 9 year old daughters, his 17 year old son, his wife, and his two tabby cats, Largo and Andante.

My friend said, he didn't think this was going to be worth his time, but the wife, who suffered from a rather startling pronounced scoliosis, strode to his desk and said, "but we have worked for months, at least give us one chance!"

At this point in my story, my older brother, Todd, a former Marine, stood up at the table and said, "Please, Sir, tell me, you are not going to tell an Aristocrats joke at Thanksgiving!" To which I replied "Thanksgiving is a classic case of mass psychological defense mechanism constructed to culturally erase the fact that this entire country was founded on a sustained and deliberate campaign of genocide!"

Former marine Todd sat down and thought for a while, and then he asked me, since he kind of respects me, "Why do these things happen?"

"The Aristocrats," I replied.

Last edited:
  • 4Barf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
autism-is-a-journey.png

• 6Worf
  • 2Like