Home buying thread

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
if $130k is some impossible sum of money for you and it's unthinkable you would ever have that then you have no business buying a $650k house.
Good luck in this thread sir

Vinen

God is dead
if $130k is some impossible sum of money for you and it's unthinkable you would ever have that then you have no business buying a $650k house.

Dumb people going to dumb.

The best are people who move to a high COL area with no real job prospects and then YOLO it. Then a few years down the line they complain about the fact they cannot afford housing in the area they moved to.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's easy when the only thing that matter are monthly payment amounts! Balloon and negative amortization mortgages were a blessing.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's easy when the only thing that matter are monthly payment amounts! Balloon and negative amortization mortgages were a blessing.
You are literally the saltiest fuck on the forum aren't you?

Like I said get back on your high horse when you don't take a 50% hit to your assets and pay for the privilege of doing it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You are literally the saltiest fuck on the forum aren't you?

Like I said get back on your high horse when you don't take a 50% hit to your assets and pay for the privilege of doing it.
Yeah I don't know what the fuck that means.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I don't know what the fuck that means.
So your divorce was completely amicable in every way and you just parted ways and nobody had any commingled assets of any way?

Remember the one where you were posting how your wife was your only true love and the next month you just fell out of love with her and divorced her because someone younger got your dick wet?

Nobody is saying to take the biggest loan you can take as long as you can make the monthly payments now. We said that you need to be aware of the cost of living of the area and plan accordingly. It is a far cry from "rent is the EXACT same price as my mortgage" to you pretending we are saying "fuck it as long as I can make this months payment I am buying the biggest house that I can".

Don't be a salty fuck and pretend you are the only person who has ever bought a house.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It's not that the price is some ungodly high amount. It's that that is the LOWEST price for a single family house out here. A small "starter" house. People aren't really able to accomplish that doing $20/hour.
Which is why some parts of the country are not suitable for people of certain income levels. The solution is to move somewhere in the country that is more affordable rather than buying way too much house vs income. For some people the location is so important to them that they will pay a significant portion of their lifetime earnings in taxes and interest, as always life is about choices.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Which is why some parts of the country are not suitable for people of certain income levels. The solution is to move somewhere in the country that is more affordable rather than buying way too much house vs income. For some people the location is so important to them that they will pay a significant portion of their lifetime earnings in taxes and interest, as always life is about choices.
My sister refuses to move from SoCal despite losing their house and barely able to afford rent. They just can't fathom that maybe they can't afford to live there the rest of their lives.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So your divorce was completely amicable in every way and you just parted ways and nobody had any commingled assets of any way?

Remember the one where you were posting how your wife was your only true love and the next month you just fell out of love with her and divorced her because someone younger got your dick wet?

Nobody is saying to take the biggest loan you can take as long as you can make the monthly payments now. We said that you need to be aware of the cost of living of the area and plan accordingly. It is a far cry from "rent is the EXACT same price as my mortgage" to you pretending we are saying "fuck it as long as I can make this months payment I am buying the biggest house that I can".

Don't be a salty fuck and pretend you are the only person who has ever bought a house.
You truly are a human toilet and not only because your wife pisses on you.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You truly are a human toilet and not only because your wife pisses on you.
So now that we have established that there are dumber ways to light your money on fire maybe we can drop the nonstop saltiness over anyone not paying 20% or higher on their home loan?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So now that we have established that there are dumber ways to light your money on fire maybe we can drop the nonstop saltiness over anyone not paying 20% or higher on their home loan?
No fag, my divorce only cost me half of the mediators price. And I got to keep our condo and she is paying me a nominal amount because I knew her parents would hate it. What does this have to do with you thinking that the only thing that matters is the amount you pay every month and that it is OK to pay 10% in worthless fees? You stupid fucking piss mop.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My sister refuses to move from SoCal despite losing their house and barely able to afford rent. They just can't fathom that maybe they can't afford to live there the rest of their lives.

I grew up in the Hamptons (east end of long Island) and despite a good job we realized we would be stupid to spend such a high percentage of our earnings on housing, moved to PA while a life long friend stayed in NY our earnings have been pretty similar over the next 16 yrs and the difference now in our Net worth would make a person want to vomit. I would never tell someone how to live there life we only get one shot at this but I think people vastly underestimate both the real and opportunity cost of living in high cost of living areas. It use to feel like the wage gap was larger between these areas and the affordable but that often doesn't seem true anymore but I have not researched it much, but I'm sure connectivity has played a large role in normalizing wages.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No fag, my divorce only cost me half of the mediators price. And I got to keep our condo and she is paying me a nominal amount because I knew her parents would hate it. What does this have to do with you thinking that the only thing that matters is the amount you pay every month and that it is OK to pay 10% in worthless fees? You stupid fucking piss mop.
You are stuck on this hill that it's lighting money on fire. We are now establishing what you think lighting money on fire really looks like.

I think that what you have done is way worse than gaining equity in a house that is appreciating in value every year for the low cost of $80/mo of "money burning".

I don't think that the monthly amount is all that matters. In fact I made about a dozen posts outlining all of the other factors that actually make that $80/mo pale in comparison. That buying a "cheaper" house would actually cost WAY more in the long run because of more gas used, more expensive stores, worse school district, higher utilities, higher internet costs, and a slew of other things. You just didn't care to read because you were Coldwell Banker's Paperwork King of 2013 or something, I don't remember the details.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You are stuck on this hill that it's lighting money on fire. We are now establishing what you think lighting money on fire really looks like.

I think that what you have done is way worse than gaining equity in a house that is appreciating in value every year for the low cost of $80/mo of "money burning".

I don't think that the monthly amount is all that matters. In fact I made about a dozen posts outlining all of the other factors that actually make that $80/mo pale in comparison. That buying a "cheaper" house would actually cost WAY more in the long run because of more gas used, more expensive stores, worse school district, higher utilities, higher internet costs, and a slew of other things. You just didn't care to read because you were Coldwell Banker's Paperwork King of 2013 or something, I don't remember the details.
It's only 80 dollars for you because your dumb ass can only afford some cheap shit that can be had for a 800 mortgage payment. That doesn't change the fact that you pay 10% for the privilege of borrowing more money and paying more interest on that as well. If you think it's a smart way to go then you are just a moron.

Also you bringing up my divorce every time we have a talk makes you seem like a tiny dicked bitch. And aren't you violating your own rules by posting that off topic shit in here? Eat shit and die of cancer, christ fag.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's only 80 dollars for you because your dumb ass can only afford some cheap shit that can be had for a 800 mortgage payment. That doesn't change the fact that you pay 10% for the privilege of borrowing more money and paying more interest on that as well. If you think it's a smart way to go then you are just a moron.

Also you bringing up my divorce every time we have a talk makes you seem like a tiny dicked bitch. And aren't you violating your own rules by posting that off topic shit in here? Eat shit and die of cancer, christ fag.
The guy preaching the other day to buy the cheapest house no matter what just as long as you can hit a 20% down payment is now making fun of me for choosing a house within my price range? My previous house was $470k and I didn't pay 20% down on that *GASP*.

I do think that paying to borrow money is smart when it comes to having a house that is building equity instead of paying more to rent in my area because it is a high turnover rate here because of all the military people ....

It's totally on topic, I don't mention it in other posts. We are talking wasting money, I am bringing up the fact that you are being a complete hypocrite with your holier than thou attitude about lighting money on fire. At least I have a house and some sweet equity to show for it. House is appreciating quite nicely in the current market out here. I could never sell it also and just rent it and make more than my mortgage payment is I bet.

Classy bringing up cancer and religion while complaining that I am off topic. Are you going to make fun of me for planning ahead and getting health insurance? I seem to remember you not having health insurance forever ago and paying premiums up the ass. I guess we could discuss how much money you were just lightning on fire for that as well.

If you are going to live in a glass house based only on what YOU think is lighting money on fire don't be the person that is notoriously burning money with every life decision that he makes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The guy preaching the other day to buy the cheapest house no matter what just as long as you can hit a 20% down payment is now making fun of me for choosing a house within my price range? My previous house was $470k and I didn't pay 20% down on that *GASP*.

I do think that paying to borrow money is smart when it comes to having a house that is building equity instead of paying more to rent in my area because it is a high turnover rate here because of all the military people ....

It's totally on topic, I don't mention it in other posts. We are talking wasting money, I am bringing up the fact that you are being a complete hypocrite with your holier than thou attitude about lighting money on fire. At least I have a house and some sweet equity to show for it. House is appreciating quite nicely in the current market out here. I could never sell it also and just rent it and make more than my mortgage payment is I bet.

Classy bringing up cancer and religion while complaining that I am off topic. Are you going to make fun of me for planning ahead and getting health insurance? I seem to remember you not having health insurance forever ago and paying premiums up the ass. I guess we could discuss how much money you were just lightning on fire for that as well.

If you are going to live in a glass house based only on what YOU think is lighting money on fire don't be the person that is notoriously burning money with every life decision that he makes.
We were discussing mortgages, what the fuck are you on about? I think you got some piss in your ear and it's scrambling your thought process. I am not preaching shit, it's a waste of fucking money and I am not the only one who said this in the thread. I think you are salty because you know I am right and that's why you are bringing up shit like my divorce. And the fuck are you talking about health insurance? Stop spending so much time thinking about me, piss luffa.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user