Home buying thread

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I feel like a good agent is valuable on the sell side, on the buyers side they do almost nothing especially in markets this hot. Zillow and Redfin literally do 90% of what used to be the buyers agents job.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok deal. I've never taken the LIRR but will for this.

Edit; Don't think I'm kidding, I'm trying to get my gf to agree to go back up for her bday in July.
The LIRR isnt some shitty subway. Its an actual nice train. Let me know.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok deal. I've never taken the LIRR but will for this.

Edit; Don't think I'm kidding, I'm trying to get my gf to agree to go back up for her bday in July.
use etix to buy tickets

instead of waiting on a forever line

or you can buy from the machine, but you gotta figure out which colored machine is right for you
c02d6d5063d2e4cf3ddd468ecd77fe92.png

also if youre going to ny you'll be using the regular subways anyway, avoid the metrocard and sign up for the new tap instead

also busy metrocard stations is where tourists like you get mugged or tricked, so you can avoid that now

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
One time I rode to Ronkonkoma on LIRR with a shady Russian guy to buy a flatbed tow truck circa 1999

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I feel like a good agent is valuable on the sell side, on the buyers side they do almost nothing especially in markets this hot. Zillow and Redfin literally do 90% of what used to be the buyers agents job.
Even worse than this, when I was shopping earlier this year I was finding listings on Zillow/Redfin a day or so before they popped in my agent's system.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
naw your agent was just lazy all zillow does is scrape the mls listings
My agent had an online portal set up for my price/geographic/structure criteria. There was a one-day aggregation period on what was published through the portal, which is a material difference in this asinine market.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm debating if rocket will even remotely give me a good price since they hold my mortgage, just did refi do maybe skip too much inspection etc.

5 days after closing in ok and wife got laid off with a bunch of other people.

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm debating if rocket will even remotely give me a good price since they hold my mortgage, just did refi do maybe skip too much inspection etc.

5 days after closing in ok and wife for laid off with a bunch of other people
That last part reads like a mobile phone auto correct. Doesn't make sense.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
That last part reads like a mobile phone auto correct. Doesn't make sense.
Just by 1 word. Guess i should capitalize OK as well, but id been talking about buying there enough i figured that was clear enough. But yes speed swiping at work, it tends to betray me.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
That was me in 2008, my son was born at 10am, realitor called at noon to say we closed (she delivered the keys to us in the hospital even), and less than a week later me and 300 other people got laid off. It was a really hard couple of years, but you can get through it.