Home buying thread

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Accepted an offer today on house. We got $11k over ask, settlement in 30 days, no inspections. While we are happy with the outcome realtor agreed that it was slower than it would have been a few months ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Accepted an offer today on house. We got $11k over ask, settlement in 30 days, no inspections. While we are happy with the outcome realtor agreed that it was slower than it would have been a few months ago.
No inspection. Boggles my mind why people do this. Not that I am saying your place has an issue, but in general.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
are you gonna be out and in, or do you need temporary housing in the interim?
Well this is going to keep the pressure on for me to be into the new house. I'm getting close to wrapping up kitchen this weekend. Cabinets are in but not trimmed, Im working on appliances now.

I have electric and water. My water from well I'm having some issue with it being cloudy. It had passed testing saying it was okay without filtering but I'm not liking it. I've had it running all weekend here to see if it clears up, but I figure I have 30 days to try get that sufficiently filtered if needed.

My interior doors were delivered this weekend, so I need to work on those this week. I'm having a company install carpets, not something i feel the need to be doing myself. That is the end of this week. Just need to get with township later this week and go ahead and get the ball rolling on occupancy permit. I know they are going to have a list of little annoyances but I still think there is time to get that addressed. We had wanted to be moved by July 4th weekend.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am currently expanding my land search to SW Florida. Anyone have any familiarity with Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am currently expanding my land search to SW Florida. Anyone have any familiarity with Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte?
My parents built in port charlotte in 03 and just sold this year. Lots of nice areas some good restaurant options but spread way out cause it’s Florida. Great beaches with boca grande close by. Lots of port charlotte is on canals too so if boating is your thing properties with access can be relatively affordable. Cable internet is spotty too not everywhere has it.

Prices are crazy high though and it crashed super hard in 08 because there’s zero industry in the area so I suspect it would crash hard this time too if we see all this shit hit real estate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My parents built in port charlotte in 03 and just sold this year. Lots of nice areas some good restaurant options but spread way out cause it’s Florida. Great beaches with boca grande close by. Lots of port charlotte is on canals too so if boating is your thing properties with access can be relatively affordable. Cable internet is spotty too not everywhere has it.

Prices are crazy high though and it crashed super hard in 08 because there’s zero industry in the area so I suspect it would crash hard this time too if we see all this shit hit real estate.
I am scoping out unbuilt lots right now and looking at sale prices from the last 10-12 years and laughing at the markups. I know they will come down where I like them.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am scoping out unbuilt lots right now and looking at sale prices from the last 10-12 years and laughing at the markups. I know they will come down where I like them.
I like doing this with homes in the area and then checking the property tax history to see the disparity. It’s going to be a blood bath.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
3, Colorado Springs, so somewhat touristy. Skiers go there a lot.
I saw this post from last week and wanted to point out that this town is actually 2 hours from the nearest skiing (Monarch Mountain) and 2.5-3 hours from skiing that people travel to (Breckenridge, Vail, etc). My wife has family there and when we travel to CO for skiing it is more of an out of the way side trip if anything although I do hear it has better access to hiking and stuff. I would not think of it at a super touristy location if you are planning to rent the house out short term AirBNB style. IIRC they also didn’t pass legal weed in that county which probably knocks it down on a “CO tourism” list although I personally wouldn’t give a crap.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I saw this post from last week and wanted to point out that this town is actually 2 hours from the nearest skiing (Monarch Mountain) and 2.5-3 hours from skiing that people travel to (Breckenridge, Vail, etc). My wife has family there and when we travel to CO for skiing it is more of an out of the way side trip if anything although I do hear it has better access to hiking and stuff. I would not think of it at a super touristy location if you are planning to rent the house out short term AirBNB style. IIRC they also didn’t pass legal weed in that county which probably knocks it down on a “CO tourism” list although I personally wouldn’t give a crap.

Never lived there but have visited. Would probably blame the military for the weed thing, lot of bases around there plus the AF Academy. Colorado Springs just seemed like a smaller, shittier Denver with a lot less quick access to cool stuff in the mountains.