Home buying thread

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop spooking me while my house is showing this weekend. Day 1 has some people try to offer asking, but wanted answer that night and no incentives like as is.

Just hoping ac holds out with this great though looks like after months of dry have thunderstorms during showing weekend
If you’re expecting over asking while waiving inspections and appraisal, you’re probably going to have a bad time.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Footers of bank barn
View attachment 417901

Lower field that I'm converting to pasture is doing really well much better than what I thought it would in the first year.
View attachment 417902View attachment 417904
I thought lurkingdirk lurkingdirk and @Izo might like this particular part of the pasture
View attachment 417903
View of the back of house

View attachment 417905

Painted about 1500 ln ft of trim today
View attachment 417906

While that is a particularly good view of the pasture, I'd have to say everything is looking good. Looks like you're setting yourself up well. I look forward to more pictures of your property. And your wife's boobies.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm also hoping for a cratering with the right timing. Help my plans of getting what I want cheaper, and to offset any increase in financing costs.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm also hoping for a cratering with the right timing. Help my plans of getting what I want cheaper, and to offset any increase in financing costs.
Being right is only half the battle. Timing is the other half.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Burry says we're in the first inning O_O
The trick with Burry is while he was right in '05, he very nearly didn't survive long enough to win. He knew he was being fucked by the banks but couldn't do anything about it.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Question for those in the home building industry or who built their home from scratch. What is the price premium like for buying an empty lot that already has city water/sewer and utilities available to hook up to, versus a lot that may need a septic tank and/or power/water run to it? I have only ever had city sewer and if the difference is 3-5k for a quarter acre lot it seems like a no-brainer for me.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Question for those in the home building industry or who built their home from scratch. What is the price premium like for buying an empty lot that already has city water/sewer and utilities available to hook up to, versus a lot that may need a septic tank and/or power/water run to it? I have only ever had city sewer and if the difference is 3-5k for a quarter acre lot it seems like a no-brainer for me.
From my research it depends how far your lot is from those services. They charge per foot/mile/whatever that they have to extend the utilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1655853661311.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still think the best NFT analogy I have heard is the wife banging the neighbors. Your marriage certificate is your NFT (ownership for lack of better term), but anyone can freely use your wife. You sit with your marriage certificate in hand while your wife is out having an orgy with anyone who pleases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just joined the NFT Wives Facebook group.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin

So Intel is building a massive chip plant about 15 minutes away from my house. Anyone have experience living next to something this community changing moving in nearby? Housing is already in short supply like everywhere else, I bought my home four years ago for 200K and everything in the neighborhood is going for 400K+ these days. I refinanced last year to a 2.25 so don’t plan to ever sell but am I crazy to think these houses will be going for 1mm in three years when the plant and all the surrounding shit is opening? Not sure if that happens if I should cash out and build my dream house on some land somewhere else or sit on it as a backup early retirement plan in 15 years.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

So Intel is building a massive chip plant about 15 minutes away from my house. Anyone have experience living next to something this community changing moving in nearby? Housing is already in short supply like everywhere else, I bought my home four years ago for 200K and everything in the neighborhood is going for 400K+ these days. I refinanced last year to a 2.25 so don’t plan to ever sell but am I crazy to think these houses will be going for 1mm in three years when the plant and all the surrounding shit is opening? Not sure if that happens if I should cash out and build my dream house on some land somewhere else or sit on it as a backup early retirement plan in 15 years.
I would find it odd that INTC would be paying chip manufacturers enough to buy million dollar houses.