<Gold Donor>

1700597392824.jpeg

1700597302553.png

• 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same shit they said with gas prices. They're down 10%, celebrate (while ignoring it just doubled in price the year before)!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Same shit they said with gas prices. They're down 10%, celebrate (while ignoring it just doubled in price the year before)!
Pretty much. The zillow reports I get just make me laugh at this point. The only time Im going to care is when I have to sit out on my balcony and take pot shots at some random asshole that wants to get an up-to-date assessment on the value of my home.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, i have my old man neighbor freaking out, i guess it's also the real estate agent, the house is priced competitively with upgrades, i have no idea why on zillow his house is estimated at 60k lower than mine when it's the exact house (i've been in it), but the agent is saying that it's been a week and no bites and the outlook isn't good.

imo, these fuck nuggets have just gotten used to super easy sales over the past few years and are now actually scared to work to sell a house.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
yea, i have my old man neighbor freaking out, i guess it's also the real estate agent, the house is priced competitively with upgrades, i have no idea why on zillow his house is estimated at 60k lower than mine when it's the exact house (i've been in it), but the agent is saying that it's been a week and no bites and the outlook isn't good.

imo, these fuck nuggets have just gotten used to super easy sales over the past few years and are now actually scared to work to sell a house.
Once it closes and is a comp it will be your estimate too! Yay!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

One of my friends has been a real estate agent for 30 years and he said he's loving this new market because none of his competition in the game less than 10 years has ever seen a down market and has no idea what to do when you're not fighting off buyers.

(I still think real estate agents shouldn't exist.)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
One of my friends has been a real estate agent for 30 years and he said he's loving this new market because none of his competition in the game less than 10 years has ever seen a down market and has no idea what to do when you're not fighting off buyers.

supertroopers-leo.gif

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There’s a FSBO about half a mile from us, across the street from the elementary school where our son goes, and the only public school with 100 miles worth sending a kid to. It just recently dropped to $150k and has been sitting on the market for a while. Really wondering what is going on with it or if it would be worth picking up as a rental for someone that wanted to get their kids in the school. Of course I’d probably be contributing to the downfall of the school by letting in people that couldn’t normally be in this zone.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
question for our real estate gurus - do you foresee for sale home inventory going up and prices dropping at some point?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Really anytime youre interested in buying something, and theres someone in between you and the seller collecting some fraction of the sale price, that person is a parasite who shouldnt exist.

I don't just mean their job, I mean the individual. Fuck all those people and anyone who chooses to make a living in such a parasitic way.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Really anytime youre interested in buying something, and theres someone in between you and the seller collecting some fraction of the sale price, that person is a parasite who shouldnt exist.

I don't just mean their job, I mean the individual. Fuck all those people and anyone who chooses to make a living in such a parasitic way.

My issue is the amount of money agents are paid to do....what?

- Show you houses (the most time-consuming part)
- Write contracts (all stock with fill-in-the-blanks)
- Submit offer
- Make sure signing goes smoothly

How is that worth THREE PERCENT of each and every house? Admittedly, there are some agents that do way more than that; but why is commission a fixed percentage instead of something that can be negotiated and put in the contract (or a separate one) for that part of the job. The new agents that show you a few houses, write a contract, and then are done should get less than $1,000 in compensation. The agent that helps us find, evaluate, and contract out renovations on rental properties should earn substantially more since there is more value add.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
My issue is the amount of money agents are paid to do....what?

- Show you houses (the most time-consuming part)
- Write contracts (all stock with fill-in-the-blanks)
- Submit offer
- Make sure signing goes smoothly

How is that worth THREE PERCENT of each and every house? Admittedly, there are some agents that do way more than that; but why is commission a fixed percentage instead of something that can be negotiated and put in the contract (or a separate one) for that part of the job. The new agents that show you a few houses, write a contract, and then are done should get less than $1,000 in compensation. The agent that helps us find, evaluate, and contract out renovations on rental properties should earn substantially more since there is more value add.
Last house I sold, I decided to stay on a price and wait. RE agent managed to talk someone into buying it at my price instead of dropping to get the sale.

Before that, RE agent took care of everything. Cleaning, landscaping, odds and ends. Worth every penny.

Before that before that, house took 6 months to sell. Out in the middle of nowhere, RE agent showed it a lot of times. Ultimately worth it as she made sure it was kept in working order and grounds cleaned up. Also sold at my price.

The thing I have a beef with are the brokerages getting half of agent commission. Those are the true leeches.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Last house I sold, I decided to stay on a price and wait. RE agent managed to talk someone into buying it at my price instead of dropping to get the sale.
this is the first thing i know that is wrong, is dropping the price

if a house doesn't move the agent will ask to drop the price 10k, sure they lose out on a 4060ti... but you lose out on lightly used honda civic.

when i used to sell laptops as a teen, i'd get approval to drop the laptop almost $200, it didn't matter to me if the store only made $50 instead of a possible $250 cuz my commission was based on the ticket sale.

Fucker

Log Wizard
this is the first thing i know that is wrong, is dropping the price

if a house doesn't move the agent will ask to drop the price 10k, sure they lose out on a 4060ti... but you lose out on lightly used honda civic.

when i used to sell laptops as a teen, i'd get approval to drop the laptop almost $200, it didn't matter to me if the store only made $50 instead of a possible $250 cuz my commission was based on the ticket sale.
My buying RE agent was #1 volume leader in the state. He sold houses like McDonalds sells french fries. Really good if you are a buyer, bad if you are a seller. I didn't use him to sell my house because he would have pushed to lower till it sells instead of waiting, and he would have listed it lower to begin with.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Friend of mine waited too long to put his place on the market. He's lowered the price by $100k already. (low 700s to low 600s) No idea where it'll land...

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I have clients complaining it has been a week since they listed their house and it hasn't sold yet. Oh noes.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Friend of mine waited too long to put his place on the market. He's lowered the price by $100k already. (low 700s to low 600s) No idea where it'll land...
I saw that a few times in Boise. One guy listed his house way too high and didn't budge. He completely missed the boat on that one.

I waited a while on my house there because I knew someone would come along and pay it. I got exactly what I wanted for it.

The last house I sold, I missed the absolute peak of the market by 3.5%. OTOH, the market has since dropped 12%.

The house I have now is up 37% in value...in one year.

raw-2427649716.gif

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For a yuck I looked on zillow. House on the same block as mine for sale (new construction, same builder). 1500+ sq ft (mine is 2200) on 0.23 acre (mine us just under 0.4 acre), no upgrades (mine has various upgrades). They are asking $20k more than what I paid in Sept.

Girl Smile GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We just sold our ranch for about 5% lower than what we had hoped but given what’s going on with the market we were happy and glad we got it done before any more market fckery happened. Gave us enough room to pay cash for our new place and have 100k leftover. Gonna live the 100% debt free lifestyle for a while and see how we like it.

While I hate the idea of it, with certain properties having a good well networked agent makes a big difference. I question the need when selling a cookie cutter house in some rando housing dev. You’re basically just dealing with a commodity at that point and there should be some streamlined process for it.

• 2Like