Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think the argument is just that you don't need to target typical small lots seen in major suburban areas if you are house hunting in more spacious rural locales. Getting an acre or two for your house to sit on is not difficult to find or usually that expensive and can result in a better ROI than just buying what you could have in CA, just at a lower price point.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I found a decent spot just outside Little Rock with about 3 acres. The issue or pushback is that it is zoned terribly for schools and not in a neighborhood with one of those homeschool pods, and no easy access to a major hospital for emergencies. Realizing that my dream of being outside the City may be a few years (decades) away. The alternative is moving deeper in to the established “nice” neighborhoods that is off the main through streets and takes some navigating to end up in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I love worthless advice like this.

What's next? "You should get a bigger house"?

No. I don't think it's worthless. Short, sure, but not worthless. Why would you go from CA density to high density in KY?! Take advantage of one of the prime things that states like KY offer. SPACE!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No. I don't think it's worthless. Short, sure, but not worthless. Why would you go from CA density to high density in KY?! Take advantage of one of the prime things that states like KY offer. SPACE!

No, its definitely worthless.

You dont know anything about our requirements, our conditions for the move, what the housing market in KY is like, or what level of "density" we would be living in. You don't know what town, or even what county. You dont know the size of the house or the area. Do you know what me or my wife wants in a house? How about how many kids we are planning to have? Do you really know anything other than "YoU sHoUlD gEt MoRe LaNd"? You don't know shit.

Houses in KY go under contract within days of being listed. Shopping around for a decent sized house with a large lot that's within the budget is very difficult, especially when we are moving in a matter of days.

Like I said, worthless advice from a person who knows nothing of my situation.

Anyways, our offer was accepted on another house. We close in May. It's a 0.4 acre lot with a creek running through it in a "high density area". Let me check the density in fact.
It's 1100 people per square mile, vs. the 7,300 people per square mile where I currently live. Yep, just like California.

• 1Salty

Nija

<Silver Donator>
No, its definitely worthless.

You dont know anything about our requirements, our conditions for the move, what the housing market in KY is like, or what level of "density" we would be living in. You don't know what town, or even what county. You dont know the size of the house or the area. Do you know what me or my wife wants in a house? How about how many kids we are planning to have? Do you really know anything other than "YoU sHoUlD gEt MoRe LaNd"? You don't know shit.

Houses in KY go under contract within days of being listed. Shopping around for a decent sized house with a large lot that's within the budget is very difficult, especially when we are moving in a matter of days.

Like I said, worthless advice from a person who knows nothing of my situation.

Anyways, our offer was accepted on another house. We close in May. It's a 0.4 acre lot with a creek running through it in a "high density area". Let me check the density in fact.
It's 1100 people per square mile, vs. the 7,300 people per square mile where I currently live. Yep, just like California.

Sucks to be you. 78 people per square mile supremacy. While being in the best school district in the state. But yeah go ahead and suburb it up in fucking Kentucky.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Sucks to be you. 78 people per square mile supremacy. While being in the best school district in the state. But yeah go ahead and suburb it up in fucking Kentucky.

1617028246200.png

What's the school like? A 1 room barn in a Children of the Corn movie?

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 344939

What's the school like? A 1 room barn in a Children of the Corn movie?
Nah. It's the school district that contains the Walmart HQ. Infinite money.

What side of Louisville do you want to be on? What's the general town that you want to be near?

Edit: I mean shit like this is nearby. I'm guessing your wife's job is in Louisville itself, but could you be in IN? https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/719-Shiloh-Rd-SE-Corydon-IN-47112/94408151_zpid/?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Nah. It's the school district that contains the Walmart HQ. Infinite money.

What side of Louisville do you want to be on? What's the general town that you want to be near?

Walmart doesnt pay infinite taxes, so there's no infinite money.

I'm not in Louisville. I'm not even in Louisville metro area.

Bentonville has almost twice the density of where I'm planning to live.

Not a single town I found that's part of Bentonville's school district has a population density that's less than 600 people per sq. mile.

You should stop shitting up this thread with your worthless and uninformed advice and assumptions.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Walmart doesnt pay infinite taxes, so there's no infinite money.

I'm not in Louisville. I'm not even in Louisville metro area.

Bentonville has almost twice the density of where I'm planning to live.

Not a single town I found that's part of Bentonville's school district has a population density that's less than 600 people per sq. mile.

You should stop shitting up this thread with your worthless and uninformed advice and assumptions.

Use the school district search on Trulia.

You're acting like I just didn't uproot my family of 5 and move 2,000 miles from CA recently. I did my homework. If you want tips let me know. I'm on Discord too.

1617030018587.png

Cenus block view on city-data. Mine is in yellow.

1617030217492.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Use the school district search on Trulia.

You're acting like I just didn't uproot my family of 5 and move 2,000 miles from CA recently. I did my homework. If you want tips let me know. I'm on Discord too.

View attachment 344942

Cenus block view on city-data. Mine is in yellow.

View attachment 344943

Why would I want tips from someone who lies that their school district is best in the state or makes up a fake density of population in their town?

Just shut the fuck up already

1617030551275.png
1617030650686.png

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Araysar Araysar I'm rural. I'm not in the city limits of Gravette, Centerton, Bentonville, or anywhere else. I don't vote for a mayor on my ballot. My zip code is that of Gravette. If you're thinking about school districts, use the Trulia feature to see where the school boundaries are. You can see that in the screenshot above, parts of Rogers and even Cave Springs are in the desired school district.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can use the same tricks I did to get an awesome place while meeting the needs of at least the school district. If you're looking for things like avoiding municipality taxes, the same tricks apply!

Finally, Walmart dumps millions directly into the school system and the property taxes from the mansions that Walmart people have directly go to it as well. I don't want to Biden you, but c'mon man.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Araysar Araysar I'm rural. I'm not in the city limits of Gravette, Centerton, Bentonville, or anywhere else. I don't vote for a mayor on my ballot. My zip code is that of Gravette. If you're thinking about school districts, use the Trulia feature to see where the school boundaries are. You can see that in the screenshot above, parts of Rogers and even Cave Springs are in the desired school district.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can use the same tricks I did to get an awesome place while meeting the needs of at least the school district. If you're looking for things like avoiding municipality taxes, the same tricks apply!

Finally, Walmart dumps millions directly into the school system and the property taxes from the mansions that Walmart people have directly go to it as well. I don't want to Biden you, but c'mon man.

Rogers density: 1,772.70/sq mi

Cave Springs density: 673.22/sq mi

I guess if you get to define what exactly the boundary is of where you live, you can have a population density as low as 70 people per square mile or as high as 7 million. It can be whatever your imagination tells you it can be

The point I'm trying to make is that you're a clueless liar who runs his mouth and that you dont know shit despite pretending to. It's very sad and pathetic, especially when you can get fact checked in less than a minute.

Do you even know what school district I am going to be in? How do you know that my needs haven't been met already by the school district?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
so I should buy more land, huh?

How much more land should I buy?

Lets take this dumbshit advice to its logical conclusion

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Look at the density per zip code. There are multiple zip codes for most towns. That's where I pulled my data from that you are now laughing at. It's linked above in the 72736 link. Downtown Gravette doesn't apply to me like downtown Bentonville doesn't apply. It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to Main Street in Gravette or the Bentonville Square. Like I said - outside of city limits.

1617032864409.png

I'd say you'd want at least 2 acres. What you want to look at is the distance to your neighbors house. Aim for more than 150 feet IMHO. Depending on the size of the property you may need more acres than 2. Those long skinny tracts suck.

Last edited:

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The point I'm trying to make is that you're a clueless liar who runs his mouth and that you dont know shit despite pretending to. It's very sad and pathetic, especially when you can get fact checked in less than a minute.

Do you even know what school district I am going to be in? How do you know that my needs haven't been met already by the school district?
No, I don't know what school district you're aiming for. I asked which side of town you're looking at. I am offering to take a look at what you're looking for and see if I see anything interesting. If you're not interested, fine.

You're not fact checking me very well. I am not within any city limits. Quoting me population densities of cities that I'm not in doesn't prove anything. You have the population of a city, and the city itself is some amount of square miles. Neither of those things apply to people who do not live in that city. The only stats I can give you is a zip code, which spans SEVERAL cities, (see above) and none of them apply directly to me.

In regards to your move to KY, are you looking at a specific town? A specific school district? A specific zip code? What? You're right, I don't know what you're looking for there. I don't know any specifics.

The unsolicited suggestion that I'm making is that you don't want to live in suburbia when you're moving to a cheap state with tons of land and lots of natural beauty. That's some kind of CA/city mindset where it's assumed that's what you have to do. Half an acre seems enormous coming from CA! You want more. Because fuck people that's why.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I found a decent spot just outside Little Rock with about 3 acres. The issue or pushback is that it is zoned terribly for schools and not in a neighborhood with one of those homeschool pods, and no easy access to a major hospital for emergencies. Realizing that my dream of being outside the City may be a few years (decades) away. The alternative is moving deeper in to the established “nice” neighborhoods that is off the main through streets and takes some navigating to end up in.

Buddy of mine just closed on what I assume is a fucking mansion in Maumelle, or whatever it is in west little rock, on that hill looking over the river / lake.

I haven't seen it, but her dad is 2.5 commas.

Why the fuck are all you assholes moving to Arkansas. It sucks. Horrible place.

I've heard california is great, you should all look at moving there

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users