Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Condo sold last week. Glad that is over with. All debts have been expunged and I can finally start socking money away for retirement and rainy days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The wooden wall panels are fucking disgusting. The wall paper is fucking disgusting. The doors are fucking disgusting. The fireplace is fucking disgusting. The kitchen makes me want to commit suicide its so disgusting and on and on and on.

Its a nice piece of square footage but it needs to be entirely gutted and redone.

Who the fuck complains about doors?..

Yeah...

I'm going to just assume you think that because you have been conditioned by the cheap shit 70-90s wood paneling that it's cheap. And are too weak minded to realize it's not the same thing.

Which fireplace? It has fucking 4... Lol

Are you too beta to tear off wall paper?... That's one thing I said needs to be fixed, takes like two days to tear it off and paint the wall. Do you have some aversion to work?

The doors?.. now you just seem like a faggot.

Kitchen is *ok*. Literally stain, new cabinet handles, and a counter top, and bam it's pretty good imo.

I'm judging you as unwilling to work, kind of faggy, and weak minded, with some conditioning about what's cheap...

Are you fucking Jewish?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck complains about doors?..

Yeah...

I'm going to just assume you think that because you have been conditioned by the cheap shit 70-90s wood paneling that it's cheap. And are too weak minded to realize it's not the same thing.

Which fireplace? It has fucking 4... Lol

Are you too beta to tear off wall paper?... That's one thing I said needs to be fixed, takes like two days to tear it off and paint the wall. Do you have some aversion to work?

The doors?.. now you just seem like a faggot.

Kitchen is *ok*. Literally stain, new cabinet handles, and a counter top, and bam it's pretty good imo.

I'm judging you as unwilling to work, kind of faggy, and weak minded, with some conditioning about what's cheap...

Are you fucking Jewish?
What a retarded cunt you are. Places looks like ugly shit inside. Everything else you just assumed is your being a fucking stupid piece of shit.

Fucker

Log Wizard
RE agent thinks this place is worth 700....which is about 400 over priced IMO. Beautiful house, beautiful lot. If it appraises at that level...I am out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez, first full day on the market (was listed late last night, like 6pm), and we've already got an offer at asking price. Only problem is it's contingent on the sale of their current home, which won't be on the market until sometime next week.

Shit's stressful. We've got 72 hours to answer, although the internet says you should respond within 24 hours. Not really sure what the best way to go is. Not super excited about their contingency.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Geez, first full day on the market (was listed late last night, like 6pm), and we've already got an offer at asking price. Only problem is it's contingent on the sale of their current home, which won't be on the market until sometime next week.

Shit's stressful. We've got 72 hours to answer, although the internet says you should respond within 24 hours. Not really sure what the best way to go is. Not super excited about their contingency.
No way (IMO). Real estate market is still too hot, even in CA, to accept your first offer if it's on contingency.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

You will get a better offer within 72 hours

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'm guessing this is not the average market, cause tech in the area keeps growing, but the greater seattle area is nutty right now. I bought last year, and am super glad I did (having made the purchase agreement for new construction in Nov 2019), but its a habit to look at the Redfin emails that come my way. I'd say at least 50% of the sales I get notified of these days are for more thank $100k over asking price. $200k over asking price is really even pretty common right now. One place in an email this morning was asking $800k and sold for $1.1M. The base price for the same model house I agreed on 15 months ago is now $200k more.

Be sure to do your due diligence on market comps for your area if selling. The Fed money printing + low interest rates have created this nutty price appreciation that should be taken advantage of by sellers. That said, mortgage rates have noticeably gone up from the lows and the quick rise in the 10-year should keep putting upward pressure on them. Buyers may start to feel their purchasing power dwindle putting downward pressure on prices soon? And yet the printing machines keep going brrrrrrrrr...

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm guessing this is not the average market, cause tech in the area keeps growing, but the greater seattle area is nutty right now. I bought last year, and am super glad I did (having made the purchase agreement for new construction in Nov 2019), but its a habit to look at the Redfin emails that come my way. I'd say at least 50% of the sales I get notified of these days are for more thank $100k over asking price. $200k over asking price is really even pretty common right now. One place in an email this morning was asking $800k and sold for $1.1M. The base price for the same model house I agreed on 15 months ago is now $200k more.

Be sure to do your due diligence on market comps for your area if selling. The Fed money printing + low interest rates have created this nutty price appreciation that should be taken advantage of by sellers. That said, mortgage rates have noticeably gone up from the lows and the quick rise in the 10-year should keep putting upward pressure on them. Buyers may start to feel their purchasing power dwindle putting downward pressure on prices soon? And yet the printing machines keep going brrrrrrrrr...
zillow will give you a monthly update of your home and the "comps" and solds in your area if you claim a home as your own

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Just have your realtor tell them your accepting offers through the weekend and not reviewing anything until Sunday night/Monday morning. We had a similar situation but we waited and had 5 offers over asking by the end of the first weekend.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Just have your realtor tell them your accepting offers through the weekend and not reviewing anything until Sunday night/Monday morning. We had a similar situation but we waited and had 5 offers over asking by the end of the first weekend.
This is pretty much how it's done for every resale house in my market.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, I'm underwhelmed. We ended up with just 3 people coming to see it over the first 3 days (one the night it was posted, the next on Friday who put in an offer, and the third on Saturday morning). No interest today apparently.

Our Zillow estimate was like $343k or something, and we listed at $315k based on the comps the agent pulled (we do have a lot of new construction nearby which fucks the Zillow estimate a bit, making it higher than it probably should be).

For as little inventory as there appears to be (agent said we're at about half of what's been there the last 2-3 years, and 1/3 of "normal" years), I'm kind of annoyed.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In my experience weekends are slow for showing/looking at houses, when you'd think that'd be the busiest since most people are off work.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Well, I'm underwhelmed. We ended up with just 3 people coming to see it over the first 3 days (one the night it was posted, the next on Friday who put in an offer, and the third on Saturday morning). No interest today apparently.

Our Zillow estimate was like $343k or something, and we listed at $315k based on the comps the agent pulled (we do have a lot of new construction nearby which fucks the Zillow estimate a bit, making it higher than it probably should be).

For as little inventory as there appears to be (agent said we're at about half of what's been there the last 2-3 years, and 1/3 of "normal" years), I'm kind of annoyed.
are you looking at your own zillow stats?
4b77a23758e7fed4e913cd1fab554401.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

You aren't at the start of the Cali exodus.

The demand to buy is being satiated, and the sellers are entering other geographical markets.

Just like your are trying to do. Lol

Dunno where you are but that's interesting, here in small town Missouri homes are still selling in hours.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You aren't at the start of the Cali exodus.

The demand to buy is being satiated, and the sellers are entering other geographical markets.

Just like your are trying to do. Lol

Dunno where you are but that's interesting, here in small town Missouri homes are still selling in hours.
This. Real estate has been, and always will be, a regional thing. Houses on Long Island are gone within hours of listing as those who aren't poor poc flee the shithole that is NYC and bring their phat wallets with them. Expect Miami (the actual good parts0 to blow up as well as big NYC companies migrate to the state with sunshine and no state income tax.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
are you looking at your own zillow stats?
4b77a23758e7fed4e913cd1fab554401.png
Untitled.png

And yeah, I get that everything is regional. Our town is pretty small, but like I said, we're at about 1/3 or 1/2 of normal inventory depending on what years you're looking at. It's also the start of spring. I just assumed based on everything I've heard that it'd get more interest. I wasn't expecting 5 bids over the weekend, but I was expecting more than just 3 people to look.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
We put an offer on a house this weekend in KY, about 30 miles outside of Louisville.

Small town, 15K people.

It was on the market for 1 day, had over 1000 Zillow views and over 100 saves already.

Our RE agent had to wait for people to exit the house so she could tour it herself and there were people lining up behind her outside. We put an offer in that same day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users