Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Rent by then will be 3k+
1663916622908.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fucking hate the god damn Democrats and Biden administration for fucking everything up.

Its all on god damn purpose too.
The fuck? You do realize Trump nominated Jerome “money printer / inflation is only transitory” Powell, right?

Fed is currently trying to unfuck their own policy fuck ups from the Covid response / late to the QT cycle.

Fed is an independent body. Blaming anyone other than Powell himself and partially the person who put him there is futile.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Damn sure wont be from mortgages.

We are literally one week out from closing on our new construction. We signed for the home at 3.85%, by the time we were able to lock the rate it was 5.9%. Now 7 days from close, there is no sod, no toilets, no shutters, no appliances, 5 holes in the wall from where they punched through looking for thermostat wiring.

Luck sure would have it that our lock only lasts until Oct 3rd, and now interest rate is over 7%. If we dont close by the 3rd, we will lose the house and still owe them $12 fucking grand for having to walk away from the home.

I fucking hate the god damn Democrats and Biden administration for fucking everything up.

Its all on god damn purpose too.
Too late for you sadly but for others , your contract should have included a financing contingency with a rate cap to protect this exact situation.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Too late for you sadly but for others , your contract should have included a financing contingency with a rate cap to protect this exact situation.
I always thought funding was a standard contingency. T Tide27 go through your purchase contract and see if you fail to get funding if you can walk away without losing earnest money.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like that opendoor house sold.

Bought for $440k, sold for $367k.

• 3Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It is, but in the recent crazy seller's markets people have been waiving essentially all the contingencies (including sometimes inspection, wtf) in order to make their offers more attractive.

2 years ago someone put a home up for $285K that I wanted really bad. I offered 300k cash, 300k earnest money (nothing else could possibly be more attractive than this).

I wasn't chosen.

• 1Clown World
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
2 years ago someone put a home up for $285K that I wanted really bad. I offered 300k cash, 300k earnest money (nothing else could possibly be more attractive than this).

I wasn't chosen.
Was this in Bee Cave?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In TX there is not rate caps as far as I know but you can only lock a rate 30 days out and 60 days out if you pay a premium.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
In TX there is not rate caps as far as I know but you can only lock a rate 30 days out and 60 days out if you pay a premium.

The contract I'm addressing is between the buyer and the seller you are referring to the buyer and the bank. Most banks would not do a rate cap that I'm aware. The Rate cap is between the buyer and the seller saying "if I can not get financing below THIS rate buyer can leave the deal"

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Found some buildable land I am researching to buy. So far it is hitting on all cylinders...

95.1% of the population was white, 1.2% was black, 0.4% was American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.1% was Asian, 3.3% was two or more races, 3.5% was Hispanic or Latino.

View attachment 434862
those npp (i say no party preference) are most likely like me, long time republicans disgusted w/ how pussy they are and don't want to join any party (b/c even independent, is a party not your own personal leave me alone preference)

i'll bet you if you find historical stats it used to be 88k republicans and nil npp

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my remote position in my company. We’re able to keep our pay wherever we move to. So I get to keep my sweet LA pay. We just got our pre approval back. Thinking of moving and renting something for the next 6 months or so and wait for prices to keep dropping. The area we were planning on moving to have already dropped an average of 60 to 80k. Looking at prices from 2018 we have a bit to go and I feel that is where prices will drop near. Just sucks 6 to 7% interest rate, but if we get the house we want for 300k less we can deal with it for a few years and refinance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user