Home buying thread

Rais

Trakanon Raider
What area you moving too. The only correct answer is Florida btw
Lived in Florida for 34 years before I moved to LA. Lived in north Orlando and still own half a house I grew up in there. I’m done with heat and humidity. If I had never met my wife I would still be living there though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah NPA is becoming the defecto choice for a lot of people across the country. They rarely care about primaries and dont consider themselves "political".
i registered as a republican before i even got my learners permit, of course this is nyc where most dont even get a license, ha.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think i'm a 2.35er or 2.25er

this whole week my wife talking to a friend they moved from 1part in dc to another part, and going from a 2200sq ft house to 4k sqft, 2.5m on 6% lulz

theyre having so many marriage issues cuz of the house, theyve gone to email only w/ each other lulz, wtf

i haven't looked at their house yet but theyre paying 500$ for lawncare alone, that doesn't sound right, their previous was a townhouse w/ zero yard, so they have no experience and no equipment, but 500$ sounds excessive

then they just cancelled cuz they had it for only 2months, and she said it was cuz summer is over and i said "but fall is here and i'm sure they have trees, if they can't take care of a lawn, they sure as hell can't take care of leaves" (to my wife)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I’m in the 3% club 😪 closed in Dec 2021 after rates had started to rise a bit. Paying 5400/mo for mortgage plus tax but don’t mind too much cause I am hoping we live here for a good 25 years as I can’t see ever having a need to upgrade.

my rule on houses has always been not to buy more than we could afford on one salary since it really reduces stress. I know we are lucky to be able to do that but people who over extend for a McMansion just always seem to be super stressed and I know a lot of people like that.

• 1Like

Goatface

i haven't looked at their house yet but theyre paying 500$ for lawncare alone, that doesn't sound right, their previous was a townhouse w/ zero yard, so they have no experience and no equipment, but 500$ sounds excessive
if several acres or many things upkeep (trees/hedges/flowers) it can get high quickly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also due to my house being built in the 20's and they didnt build giant rooms a century ago.
lulz, you see that window, it's not a closet, this was my bklyn room
3d122cfe70eb0e15040f960dd262b97c.jpg

that my mom repurposed into a walkin closet.
built in the 30s, entire block is like this, my wifes old home in queens had this tiny room too, can barely fit a twin size bed

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i think i'm a 2.35er or 2.25er

this whole week my wife talking to a friend they moved from 1part in dc to another part, and going from a 2200sq ft house to 4k sqft, 2.5m on 6% lulz

theyre having so many marriage issues cuz of the house, theyve gone to email only w/ each other lulz, wtf

then they just cancelled cuz they had it for only 2months, and she said it was cuz summer is over and i said "but fall is here and i'm sure they have trees, if they can't take care of a lawn, they sure as hell can't take care of leaves" (to my wife)
Refinanced August 2021 at 1.99%. It wasn’t some grand master move on my part. It was the advice from my hot Vietnamese mortgage broker that told me the time was right.

• 1Like