Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rais

Trakanon Raider
What area you moving too. The only correct answer is Florida btw
Lived in Florida for 34 years before I moved to LA. Lived in north Orlando and still own half a house I grew up in there. I’m done with heat and humidity. If I had never met my wife I would still be living there though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah NPA is becoming the defecto choice for a lot of people across the country. They rarely care about primaries and dont consider themselves "political".
i registered as a republican before i even got my learners permit, of course this is nyc where most dont even get a license, ha.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i think i'm a 2.35er or 2.25er

this whole week my wife talking to a friend they moved from 1part in dc to another part, and going from a 2200sq ft house to 4k sqft, 2.5m on 6% lulz

theyre having so many marriage issues cuz of the house, theyve gone to email only w/ each other lulz, wtf

i haven't looked at their house yet but theyre paying 500$ for lawncare alone, that doesn't sound right, their previous was a townhouse w/ zero yard, so they have no experience and no equipment, but 500$ sounds excessive

then they just cancelled cuz they had it for only 2months, and she said it was cuz summer is over and i said "but fall is here and i'm sure they have trees, if they can't take care of a lawn, they sure as hell can't take care of leaves" (to my wife)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I’m in the 3% club 😪 closed in Dec 2021 after rates had started to rise a bit. Paying 5400/mo for mortgage plus tax but don’t mind too much cause I am hoping we live here for a good 25 years as I can’t see ever having a need to upgrade.

my rule on houses has always been not to buy more than we could afford on one salary since it really reduces stress. I know we are lucky to be able to do that but people who over extend for a McMansion just always seem to be super stressed and I know a lot of people like that.

• 1Like

Goatface

i haven't looked at their house yet but theyre paying 500$ for lawncare alone, that doesn't sound right, their previous was a townhouse w/ zero yard, so they have no experience and no equipment, but 500$ sounds excessive
if several acres or many things upkeep (trees/hedges/flowers) it can get high quickly.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Also due to my house being built in the 20's and they didnt build giant rooms a century ago.
lulz, you see that window, it's not a closet, this was my bklyn room
3d122cfe70eb0e15040f960dd262b97c.jpg

that my mom repurposed into a walkin closet.
built in the 30s, entire block is like this, my wifes old home in queens had this tiny room too, can barely fit a twin size bed

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i think i'm a 2.35er or 2.25er

this whole week my wife talking to a friend they moved from 1part in dc to another part, and going from a 2200sq ft house to 4k sqft, 2.5m on 6% lulz

theyre having so many marriage issues cuz of the house, theyve gone to email only w/ each other lulz, wtf

then they just cancelled cuz they had it for only 2months, and she said it was cuz summer is over and i said "but fall is here and i'm sure they have trees, if they can't take care of a lawn, they sure as hell can't take care of leaves" (to my wife)
Refinanced August 2021 at 1.99%. It wasn’t some grand master move on my part. It was the advice from my hot Vietnamese mortgage broker that told me the time was right.

• 1Like