Home buying thread

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I found a 2300 sq ft ranch w/ totally crazy open floor plan and the entire back wall is windows (2 stories, hangs over a hill w/ forested view). Unfortunately with the wall of single panes and vaulted 14 ft ceilings w/ no insulation i"m convinced the gas bill would surpass the mortgage payment.

Love the house but damn am i struggling with the thought of it being a shitty investment.

Picasso3

House listed 165

I offered 140

countered 152 w/ time is of the essence clause

BIG P SMELLS FEAR

THINKING 146 FINAL

FOH GUIDE ME

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Could you live with yourself losing the house over 6,000?

If the answer is yes, then go ahead. If not, take their 152.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
Picasso said:
House listed 165

I offered 140

countered 152 w/ time is of the essence clause

BIG P SMELLS FEAR

THINKING 146 FINAL

FOH GUIDE ME
Do they have any furniture you want? When we closed on our house, they countered with a higher number so we countered back accepting their number but we wanted some of their furniture. Since it was our first house, it was the perfect opportunity to get some real nice (Hard wood/cheery/cedar shit) furinture to go with it. They accpeted and we probably got around $30k worth of real nice quality furniture. (Their counter was $8k over our offer) Money talks and pays closing costs. There"s more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Picasso3

Cut why wouldn"t i counter at least once more? 2k is still 2k to poor little me.
I"m thinking 148000 + closing costs. I need all the coin i can get to avoid bullshit MIP.

Although i"m sure the fag will counter 150 w/ or w/o closing. I really want to put final on there to avoid that.

edit -- fuck it i"m doing it

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Picasso said:
Cut why wouldn"t i counter at least once more? 2k is still 2k to poor little me.
I"m thinking 148000 + closing costs. I need all the coin i can get to avoid bullshit MIP.

Although i"m sure the fag will counter 150 w/ or w/o closing. I really want to put final on there to avoid that.

edit -- fuck it i"m doing it
We found the house that we knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives in. My wife was in love with it, and it had everything I wanted too (and a few things I didn"t know I did, but like anyway). There"s no way in hell I wouldda bartered down the last 5k on the risk of losing it after we had literally seen 200-250 homes over the summer and nothing even being remotely close to what we wanted to live in.

So yeah, like I said...if you can look at that house and say "It"s nice, but nothing special, I could definitely find another one to live in" then yeah, go ahead and try to eek them out of everything. If you can"t, take the offer and don"t worry about it. 6k ain"t fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Picasso said:
The dickhead stayed at 152.
Probably be pretty hard to garner sympathy when houses have already lost so much value. You"d do the same if you were selling.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Phoenix said:
Move to Phoenix bro, 150k will put you in a 2k sqft house in a nice area of the city.
Easily, there are quite a few auction properties out there too. My sisters bought one about 20 minutes outside of Phoenix a couple years ago. Just under 2k sqft, 4 bd, 2.5 ba, decent sized backyard in the 30x30 range, and hadn"t been lived in. They got it for 87k

Picasso3

WV doesnt give a damn about no mortgage crisis..

In a fucking wild turn of events I stopped by a house for sale by owner and made a verbal agreement to buy it for 107k.

I"m damn sure getting it inspected by everyone i can as it has some basement wall cracks etc but it is an insane deal. The owner is in florida and his mother is in the nursing home and he"s got someone he knows showing and selling it.

It seems surreal -- i haven"t even seen the house in daylight and i have to go to shit town ohio for 3 days for work while i try to get a contract started through phone and email.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Picasso said:
It seems surreal -- i haven"t even seen the house in daylight and i have to go to shit town ohio for 3 days for work while i try to get a contract started through phone and email.
Ho boy.

Dude, I"m gonna say this as nicely as possible -- slow down. It ain"t a race. You"ll find a nice place to live in. You"ll get a good deal on it. Don"t think you gotta do this shit on the first pass though. Take some time and REALLY look at it, because all those things you didn"t notice the first time through become really fucking annoying on the 3rd.

Picasso3

Thank you for your levelheaded words of wisdom (sincere).

However this house is a mawfuckin deal.

And i"m not looking for a place to die in -- i"m looking for a place to hang my hat for 2 years (that I can casually improve) until big hm and i open up our butter business.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Lotta people were only looking for a place to hang their hat for 2 years. Now they"re underwater in a place they can"t sell.

Proceed with caution.

Wizarddeath_foh

shitlord
least you got a commitment, verbally.

I"m working on a pre-foreclosure, and put in an offer yesterday, total asking price, but asked for about 8-9k in seller concessions, which in finding out, some banks are offering 5k incentives to short sells to stop the foreclosure process.

Hopefully I get a response from the seller tomorrow, and bank by the end of next week! Hoping Bank of America is on the ball!

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Wizarddeath said:
least you got a commitment, verbally.

I"m working on a pre-foreclosure, and put in an offer yesterday, total asking price, but asked for about 8-9k in seller concessions, which in finding out, some banks are offering 5k incentives to short sells to stop the foreclosure process.

Hopefully I get a response from the seller tomorrow, and bank by the end of next week! Hoping Bank of America is on the ball!
Hah.

Haha.

Hahaha.

See you in 3 months.

Wizarddeath_foh

shitlord
Yea after reading more I really think I need to exploit the system and use this "short sale" thing with the bank to live in a house a extra year or so, before they foreclose on me.

I"m hoping it works out. We were thinking about going with Bank of America for financing to help, but the BoA rep actually said it wouldn"t make it any quicker...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got my pre-approval letter today from the bank. Time to go house hunting