Home Improvement

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Was the bid for the blown for a wide open space like Joeboo estimated for you or for being blown into existing walls - because that is an entirely different situation in re labor and application. (G and I were talking about this so we started to check into it and a few other things that we needed to address; it is on the back burner for now.)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fuck, had a real response, but my phone ate it.

Open space in the attic. Just going to do that myself, and maybe a window or two for kicks.

Got a guy that hunts where I grew up, so we have mutual acquaintances. He seems solid, coming by next week to assess what needs to be done.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got the humidifer installed...what a relief and great feeling to see it work after hooking up about ten wires and running electric, water, and a drain. Not diy friendly.

Picasso3

for some reason they mounted it on that and the return goes down into that and up through the bottom into the air handler.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
In my condo's mechanical closet my HVAC unit is mounted on (supposedly) pressure treated lumber to get it off the ground. Condensation and leakage goes under and it protects the concrete below. At least that's what an engineer told me. Might even be required by code because none of our units used pressure treated lumber. Instead it's plain plywood. So it's a claim against the builder.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
In my condo's mechanical closet my HVAC unit is mounted on (supposedly) pressure treated lumber to get it off the ground. Condensation and leakage goes under and it protects the concrete below. At least that's what an engineer told me. Might even be required by code because none of our units used pressure treated lumber. Instead it's plain plywood. So it's a claim against the builder.
pretty sure its code.

Picasso3

Got the plumbing in for utility sink, drain wasn't nearly as bad as i anticipated. On the supply 1 solder joint has a drip every 2 mins at a 90 I'll have to redo but I'll wait until faucet comes in.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Got the plumbing in for utility sink, drain wasn't nearly as bad as i anticipated. On the supply 1 solder joint has a drip every 2 mins at a 90 I'll have to redo but I'll wait until faucet comes in.
I would have gone a different direction vs the tiny wooden box sink with straight-to-the-floor drainage you did here.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
What are you shitbirds talking about
They are talking about this.
rrr_img_124545.jpg

From what you said I understood that was a temporary setup until you shove a sink and drain in there.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The opening you have pointing horizontal where your sink will drain - did you put a check valve on that so that other waste coming down that plumbing doesn't back up into your sink?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Oh wow I didnt even notice the 4" of pipe ready to spit all over the place next time someone flush the toilet. So yeah what dirk said hah.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I can't say I've ever seen this plumbing piece you're talking about. I've seen backflow preventers on sewer lines in the ground or on hose bibs, but never under the sink. It kinda makes sense, but when something goes wrong, backflow up through a shower or toilet or sink happens now and then.