Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Rollin, may go get me a jumbo one though. I have a sprayer i can borrow but it's probably not worth fucking with

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rollin, may go get me a jumbo one though. I have a sprayer i can borrow but it's probably not worth fucking with
Without proper maintenance and continuous spray they just get obnoxious as hell to work with.

That said if you are going to do it all in one go ironman style it's worth it.

Today I installed a water heater timer (no sense heating water for 11 hours while no one is home for peak rates). Fuck working with 10-2 AC, shit is terrible. Also fixed a hose bib that was leaking, washer had disintegrated almost entirely.

Another question for a future project:

Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive way to get a glass wall look? I'm looking for something like a nana wall eventually but not as expensive as a car and not nearly as big as the typical install. I'd be going from a standard 6' french door to I'm thinking 13.5 foot max because I'd want to reinforce the corners. I've looked at some 3 panel french doors and sliders but they all tend to have the same problem of too many dead doors.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Another question for a future project:

Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive way to get a glass wall look? I'm looking for something like a nana wall eventually but not as expensive as a car and not nearly as big as the typical install. I'd be going from a standard 6' french door to I'm thinking 13.5 foot max because I'd want to reinforce the corners. I've looked at some 3 panel french doors and sliders but they all tend to have the same problem of too many dead doors.
Glass garage door. You can even have passing doors built into them:

Clear Glass Garage Doors with Passing Door

rrr_img_130040.jpg

I would not have done the frame in black for that application =/

Here's some more examples. I like the look and effect a lot, even if it's a bit industrial.
Glass Garage Door Home Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodel and Decor

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Like the look a little bit but yikes actually more expensive than some if the legit glass wall companies LoL.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Insulation has got to be total shit too.

Realistically and affordably looking at it I'd look at double and triple patio doors with single openings and flanking it with 36" wide casements if i wanted more. A 14' header could be pretty daunting and no matter what you do you're going to have frame.

Could try a sliding door too, I've seen triples in them.

I have just run into 2 many dead ends when trying new shit with stuff that involves the weather barrier of a house...it's hard enough to get the most popular shit to work and I've seen architects design things that leak and look like shit in 5 years because they just got too far off the beaten path.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm pretty dumb around the house. Our water filter for the fridge is in the basement, there's a plastic or pvc piece of pipe cut into the water supply line. It's a T , and on the T there's tubing going into the filter -> filter into the fridge upstairs. Where the tubing goes into the filter, there's a shutoff valve, and t hat shutoff valve is leaking water into t he basement. I just want to replace that piece of T piping, but I don;'t know what the hell it's called.

Did I describe this well enough? What the fuck am I looking for?

I took a pic and I guess it didn't save.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Insulation has got to be total shit too.

Realistically and affordably looking at it I'd look at double and triple patio doors with single openings and flanking it with 36" wide casements if i wanted more. A 14' header could be pretty daunting and no matter what you do you're going to have frame.

Could try a sliding door too, I've seen triples in them.

I have just run into 2 many dead ends when trying new shit with stuff that involves the weather barrier of a house...it's hard enough to get the most popular shit to work and I've seen architects design things that leak and look like shit in 5 years because they just got too far off the beaten path.
Yea, the ideal would be a 12' triple pane slider with OOX stacking configuration.

Luckily it's the north side of the house so basically no direct sunlight so regular double pane low-e would be more than enough I think.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't know what kind of hocus pocus shim sham you're going on about
He's probably right, but post a picture, and we will be able to give you simple, possibly one-syllable words for you to do it yourself. I think you should have no trouble with this, you just need to get the right shit.

edit: see the picture now. You'll probably have to replace that whole assembly, and it probably came with your fridge. What brand of fridge do you have? Do you know approximately how old?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Is that a galvanized pipe, or copper? Either way, go to your plumbing supply store and tell them you have an in-line t water supply for your fridge ice maker with hand twist compression fittings. They'll know what you're looking for. You might have to replace the entire thing, which would be easy and probably not terribly expensive.