Home Improvement

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Yea my only problem is none of the house has a fake fascia, not sure how it would look to do the fascia board. I think I'm going to contact some gutter people though because I have an odd problem with pitch and interior corners where I'm not sure what I can really do to run them.
You might even want to call a siding company that also does spouting. Most siding companies offer spouting and you could pick the estimaters brain about the soffit while he's there.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, I use my pressure washer all the time. I clean my cars with it, makes life easy. Don't buy a TroyBilt with a Briggs and Stratton motor. They can be very hard to start - who doesn't put a fuel primer button on an engine that size? And once they're hot, if you run it out of gas, it simply won't start again until it has cooled down. Pain in the ass.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I use my pressure washer all the time. I clean my cars with it, makes life easy. Don't buy a TroyBilt with a Briggs and Stratton motor. They can be very hard to start - who doesn't put a fuel primer button on an engine that size? And once they're hot, if you run it out of gas, it simply won't start again until it has cooled down. Pain in the ass.
I actually went electric, because I never plan on doing anything more in depth than cleaning our patio & siding(and maybe cars). I don't need to strip paint or anything crazy like that. Getting a battery powered weedeater was the best thing I ever did. I hate starting small-engine gas machinery. Pain in the ass if you aren't using them regularly.

Snagged this one:

Amazon.com : Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM Electric Pressure Washer, 14.5-Amp : Patio, Lawn Garden

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My dad had an electric one late in his life, it worked just great for him. I find I'm taking the pressure washer to various locations and really like not having to haul around an extension cord. They are noisy, though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I failed at taking pictures today. I started weeding the back and holy god is Bermuda grass awful. Apparently ON TOP of the weed barrier, enough shit eventually deposited for Bermuda to germinate. The roots are running on top of the weed barrier for the most part, snaking through the rocks.

Anyway, fuck that started taking a shovel to it. I needed to dig in that entire area anyway so I'm just going to move all the rock and clean up the entire thing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyway here's my roof issue:

rrr_img_129693.jpg
rrr_img_129694.jpg
rrr_img_129695.jpg
rrr_img_129696.jpg

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You could rip plywood or beadboard and put it up in there and hold it with quarter round. It doesn't look like you need to worry about venting but you can cut in some anyway.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for an outdoor (backyard) lamp post withelectrical socket down at the base, to replace the one currently at my house that's old and ugly. But for the life of me, I can't manage to find anything via any intuitive searching. Anyone know where I might find such an apparatus? Basically the electrical socket is the hang-up, but I'd imagine such a thing isn't so rare as to not be able to find it anywhere, in 2016?

-edit- current one is about 6' tall, has 4 lightbulb sockets in a N/E/S/W pattern, but as long as the height remains relatively the same, the general layout doesn't matter that much as long as it isn't an eyesore.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for an outdoor (backyard) lamp post withelectrical socket down at the base, to replace the one currently at my house that's old and ugly. But for the life of me, I can't manage to find anything via any intuitive searching. Anyone know where I might find such an apparatus? Basically the electrical socket is the hang-up, but I'd imagine such a thing isn't so rare as to not be able to find it anywhere, in 2016?

-edit- current one is about 6' tall, has 4 lightbulb sockets in a N/E/S/W pattern, but as long as the height remains relatively the same, the general layout doesn't matter that much as long as it isn't an eyesore.
Honestly, a receptacle at the base isn't as common in my experience as an outlet up near the light. That might partially be because a lot of electricians won't bother installing a specialty pole if you wanted a convenience outlet near the ground. Often they will come up to a weatherproof junction box mounted directly to the pole or on strut, and then either use a chase nipple or another sort of transition to then run into the light pole itself to feed the light. Then you can just mount the receptacle in the box and put an in-use bubble cover over it.

I guess there ARE specialty poles, but I've haven't messed with many. It would probably be up to you if you want to spend the extra $$$ on a pole like that, or to do it like I mention above. Since most lamp posts are just installed in concrete and you have to break that up to repour new concrete for the new pole, a lot of electricians would bring the conduit (assuming that there is conduit to begin with and it isn't naked UF cable) up to a junction.

This one looks pricey, and lights are not included.Craftmade Z8994-05 Matte Black 84 Outdoor Fluted Post with Pre-Wire Photocell and Convenient Outlet - LightingDirect.com

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
c
An entire shower for $70 is a huge bargain!
Been well worth it so far, just hope it stays up. Thinking about removing the shower doors and just going with a curtain. The sliding door up now is old and just annoying.

rrr_img_129707.jpg

And finally cleaned up the other half of the yard. The big weeds were already gone but all that annoying little grass was removed today;

rrr_img_129708.jpg

rrr_img_129709.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I call bullshit you just raked sand over it or something!

OK I need some infos on what to do with this:

rrr_img_129747.jpg

Ithinkit's a Shiny Xylosma but the leaf shape and the hedge growth it had before I cut it into pieces with a chainsaw points to it perhaps being a Japanese Privet as well.

I can hack at it with my chainsaw, I've tried to dig down around it by wetting the soil slightly and using the heavy tine dethatcher to loosen it up - but I'm still not sure how much farther down it goes. Right now I'm down about 4 inches.