Home Improvement

Siliconemelons

Wow... doing certain things is way more work for 0 exp and trying to do things right, proper and well... I have never made wall framing...

If you do framing, get a damn framing nail gun... doing it by hand with nails and hammer is fucking work- like a few dozen nails does not "sound hard" but good lord.

If I do ever get to my micro house project, I will be getting airtools and stuff... wow.

By 0 exp - i mean, I have not previously "made framing for a wall" I have done all the components... and I have found you always get better in these things by leaps and bounds from your initial doing something and subsequent doings.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think by building a fence without even talking to your neighbor you are virtually guaranteeing that they are going to be pissed off. I know I would be.

Yeah, this. Talk to them. Just say something like, "I'm thinking of replacing the fence. You don't have to do anything, I'll pay for it, and we'll both end up with a new fence."

I'd be willing to bet they'll be fine with it. If you don't have the conversation, they won't be fine with anything.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think by building a fence without even talking to your neighbor you are virtually guaranteeing that they are going to be pissed off. I know I would be.

They already hate me. I don't care about that. Dude's wife came at me for some bullshit I had nothing to do with when I first moved in and I told her to get out my face. I may have also called her a cunt. Because she totally is. She sicced her fatass husband on me and I told him if he had a problem with his wife being a cunt he can step inside and we can solve this. That my door is always open.

He's avoided me since.

I am only replacing the fence because the fucking thing is literally falling over in places and it annoys me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They already hate me. I don't care about that. Dude's wife came at me for some bullshit I had nothing to do with when I first moved in and I told her to get out my face. I may have also called her a cunt. Because she totally is. She sicced her fatass husband on me and I told him if he had a problem with his wife being a cunt he can step inside and we can solve this. That my door is always open.

He's avoided me since.

I am only replacing the fence because the fucking thing is literally falling over in places and it annoys me.
As long as hoa approves it, and it's totally with your property lines, neighbor can fuck off

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

He's avoided me since.

If you are putting it in the same location and with the same style, just do a few panels over several weeks and it is deemed "maintenance" and not construction. You can also avoid building permits like this. Our town requires a building permit for a new or replacement fence. But the code enforcement guy told me that repairs and maintenance of an existing fence don't need to be permitted and approved. Just swap out 1/4 the panels (and posts if needed) every weekend, and your new fence is up in a month. Hell, take pictures of the progress and post it on facebook every weekend talking about fixing your broken fence for an alibi.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My town's inspection department is so lax that I TRIED to pull the permits and keep everything above board before building my shed and they insisted that I save my money as they're too understaffed and overloaded to bother.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they're complete assholes, but you're only covering your own ass by telling them your plans. On the other hand,

I am an asshole without question. But if you leave me alone we don't have any issues. I don't complain about their fucking weekly football parties all NFL/NCAA season or their loud Mexican music or anything. But get in my face yeah, I'll call our your fatass wife and tell her to fuck off.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

He's avoided me since.

Mine fucking hated me too, so when I went to the old bitch with a fence proposal, she was all in with a smile.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm doing my floors over today. Decided to go as dark as possible. Mother hates it. Opinions?

3 stain coats. 3 sealers.

150.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuckit...upstairs bathroom. I'm doing the floors personally. Think I did OK. I wasted quite a bit of tile. God I wish I could afford a claw tub.
146.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm doing my floors over today. Decided to go as dark as possible. Mother hates it. Opinions?

3 stain coats. 3 sealers.

View attachment 163579

Just a personal opinion, but I would never do floors that dark. I think it will feel oppressive when the whole floor is that dark. I know you can mitigate that with rugs and shit, but why start with a floor that needs to be broken up? That said, I do like fairly dark floors. Dark Walnut or Red Mahogany is dark enough. Perhaps English Chestnut. It also depends on what you want to do with furniture. If you have dark furniture, dark floors can complicate things.

IK5Ouou.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
1st coat down...

I have them doing 1 more to get a slightly darker look. Then a couple coats of satin gloss. These little Asian cats work fast as fuck!!

The walls and trim will be an eye blinding white.

167.jpg
168.jpg
173.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user