• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
said to wife
this is why we have a roofing harness

My knees hurt just watching that. I don’t know that a roofing harness would help someone that committed to recklessness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't straight knee it on landing.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was changing the bulbs in this lamp, which is in the middle of the ceiling above the stairwell. Was trying to support the glass or acrylic or whatever globe is over it while unscrewing the end cap. Well, dropped the end cap.

Lamp 2.jpg

It fell straight down here and disappeared. The house is pretty empty and that spot only has the cabinet and little bench for staging, nothing else on the floor (except the box holding new bulbs and the dome that I moved down there).
Lamp 1.jpg

The son of a bitch thing just vanished. Granted it fell probably 20' and I'm sure bounced, but I wasn't looking down while hanging over the middle of the stairs holding on to the globe.

Now that I can't find it I have no idea what to replace it with. Tried 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" cap fittings for regular threaded pipe. 3/8" OD was too big and 1/4" was too small. The diameter of the pipe is just under 1/2" so I'll say 3/8" unless it is some strange diameter used specifically for ceiling lights / fan down rods. Also tried just searching for different lamp finials but came up empty. A whole new globe is like $40. Here I was just trying to be nice for the buyers so they wouldn't have to deal with it. Damn light has been burnt out for 10 years b/c I never wanted to bother with it!

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
Was changing the bulbs in this lamp, which is in the middle of the ceiling above the stairwell. Was trying to support the glass or acrylic or whatever globe is over it while unscrewing the end cap. Well, dropped the end cap.

View attachment 353098

It fell straight down here and disappeared. The house is pretty empty and that spot only has the cabinet and little bench for staging, nothing else on the floor (except the box holding new bulbs and the dome that I moved down there).
View attachment 353099
The son of a bitch thing just vanished. Granted it fell probably 20' and I'm sure bounced, but I wasn't looking down while hanging over the middle of the stairs holding on to the globe.

Now that I can't find it I have no idea what to replace it with. Tried 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" cap fittings for regular threaded pipe. 3/8" OD was too big and 1/4" was too small. The diameter of the pipe is just under 1/2" so I'll say 3/8" unless it is some strange diameter used specifically for ceiling lights / fan down rods. Also tried just searching for different lamp finials but came up empty. A whole new globe is like $40. Here I was just trying to be nice for the buyers so they wouldn't have to deal with it. Damn light has been burnt out for 10 years b/c I never wanted to bother with it!
go to the ReStore and get an old used light that has the same cap nut.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
go to the ReStore and get an old used light that has the same cap nut.

That’s a good idea maybe. I’ve got a couple of Goodwill close and there’s a Habitat for Humanity ReStore close also (never been or heard of it). Cap nut was the term I finally found but HD only had one type that was way too small diameter. That’s why I went to the plumbing section.

Thanks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 353098

View attachment 353099

it has a name, this might help
e3b86dacd0246426ce03878d6ff6e812.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
it has a name, this might help
e3b86dacd0246426ce03878d6ff6e812.png

Invited a friend over to help look, we gave up after another hour or so. Turned everything upside down.

Found one of the above things at Lowe's for $2.98 and it worked perfectly.

Found the original one about 5 minutes later under my washing machine in the laundry room. No idea how it got all the way over there but good for it!

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Invited a friend over to help look, we gave up after another hour or so. Turned everything upside down.

Found one of the above things at Lowe's for $2.98 and it worked perfectly.

Found the original one about 5 minutes later under my washing machine in the laundry room. No idea how it got all the way over there but good for it!
is it brass, would a magnet even have helped?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
is it brass, would a magnet even have helped?

Nah, I don't think it would have helped. If I didn't get down and look under it before I wouldn't have stuck a magnet down there. Friend and I both looked between the washing machine and dryer, but both neglected to look under it. Didn't think there was enough room.

Finial thing.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I need to figure out a lawn mover situation for my new house. Its a 1/3 acre lot. The house occupies about a third of it, so the yard is about 0.2 to 0.25 of an acre. Should I get a riding mower for this, or can I get away with a push mower? I dont want to spend $1700 on a riding mower and then have to buy/build a huge shed on the property to store it in. The area circled in red is my lot.

Wife insists I need a riding mower but I think thats bullshit.

1620507482361.png

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I need to figure out a lawn mover situation for my new house. Its a 1/3 acre lot. The house occupies about a third of it, so the yard is about 0.2 to 0.25 of an acre. Should I get a riding mower for this, or can I get away with a push mower? I dont want to spend $1700 on a riding mower and then have to buy/build a huge shed on the property to store it in. The area circled in red is my lot.

View attachment 353223
my lot is that big and i use self propelled, if it's JUST mowing takes me 30mins

if you have a deep slope, maybe get AWD

but i would not do a regular basic push mower

you could get away w/ the newer 2021 electric mowers imo tho and have like 10mins of runtime to spare

also try this next time,

you'll need it to see how much sq/ft your lawn will be

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
my lot is that big and i use self propelled, if it's JUST mowing takes me 30mins

if you have a deep slope, maybe get AWD

but i would not do a regular basic push mower

you could get away w/ the newer 2021 electric mowers imo tho and have like 10mins of runtime to spare

I was thinking one of those Ryobi electrics that Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes was talking about, my yard is a bit... sloped.

1620508326241.png

1620508373307.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was thinking one of those Ryobi electrics that Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes was talking about, my yard is a bit... sloped.

View attachment 353224
View attachment 353225
yea that should be fine, of course you need a second battery

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 353223
That’s push mower size. If you have the money the toro 30” is awesome, that’ll take you like 30 minutes with that.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yea that should be fine, of course you need a second battery
The new 5 amp/hr 40v batteries are pretty beefy. I can do front and back yard and still have juice to edge with that one. If I skip a week and the grass gets too thick I need the second battery.

• 1Like