Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fs 560 for brush cutting dawg. I got a shit ton of brush to cut and my fs 80 ain’t gonna do it
oh this thing
d55f5466ffed42cfe10f3f6c041daf55.png

i've seen that in extreme lawn videos, did you also get the harness

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Dude

I thought you had monies

They can probably grind up the bodies for a few grand under the table, too

K8mybO8x2i3xScnBKKspqGy1eeI2CCNM-Q_PPAR5CXtSupyL5mzcs93zyDvL-ICAjFCBGaxdeUZ_apNllPmakM0zdzEtsj1pPik9rEAPlw
did a $10k clear a few months ago. The equipment they have is amazing….

Im just in maintenance mode and like an excuse to work the land.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
BLM did a bunch of tree thinning with those grinding heads on excavators a few years back. Those things will turn a 20 foot tall pine into shrapnel in like 30 seconds.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
At this point when I take down a tree, I want the stump to come out with it, so it's easier for me to hook up the chains and pull the tree down with my tractor. Stump mostly comes out, and I can cut the tree up while on the ground without having to fell it with a chainsaw.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
At this point when I take down a tree, I want the stump to come out with it, so it's easier for me to hook up the chains and pull the tree down with my tractor. Stump mostly comes out, and I can cut the tree up while on the ground without having to fell it with a chainsaw.
Yeah, but what model tractor, though?

I'm curious if you're more of a Kubota person, or a Ford 2N/8N/9N kind of guy

But who knows...maybe you've got something as crazy as a 2-stroke Detroit John Deere?

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
oh this thing
d55f5466ffed42cfe10f3f6c041daf55.png

i've seen that in extreme lawn videos, did you also get the harness

They use similar now in forestry work. Pre commercial thinning of stands where they just walk and cut the seedlings,young trees down to thin them out quickly since they aren't large enough to do anything with yet.

Also on chainsaws, hotsaws or go home :)

I have a couple of Dolmar chainsaws cause they had a shop near me that worked on them, but I think they've been sold now to Makita or distributed by Makita. When I bought them you could get a pro level saw for pretty close to the price of other brands were selling their homeowner saws for.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
BLM did a bunch of tree thinning with those grinding heads on excavators a few years back. Those things will turn a 20 foot tall pine into shrapnel in like 30 seconds.
Haha the guys that cleared my land had one of those things on a bobcat. It’s like a hydraulic grinder. It’ll fucking eat a forest in minutes. Wild.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Wellll dirk not all of us have tractors…

Then again wonder if my HD diesel truck could in 4wd… 🤔🤔

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Man this ms261cm is a beast. In Florida heat I gave up before the chainsaw did… Got through maybe 40% of two downed trees.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Mowed a lawn for the first time yesterday, first time since I was probably 14 years old and saving up for my first car. Of course it was 97 degrees at 5:30pm with 70% humidity. Never dealt with it through college and my first home for 10+ never had a lawn to take care of. Paid a pair of guys to edge and trim hedges.

Gonna need to start YouTubing how to not make a mess of this. Look up info on when to add what shit... or just pay someone to take care of it again. Was thinking it might be worth paying someone to keep track of the timing to add the pre-emergent and everything, then I just maintain the edging, cutting, and hedges.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mowed a lawn for the first time yesterday, first time since I was probably 14 years old and saving up for my first car. Of course it was 97 degrees at 5:30pm with 70% humidity. Never dealt with it through college and my first home for 10+ never had a lawn to take care of. Paid a pair of guys to edge and trim hedges.

Gonna need to start YouTubing how to not make a mess of this. Look up info on when to add what shit... or just pay someone to take care of it again. Was thinking it might be worth paying someone to keep track of the timing to add the pre-emergent and everything, then I just maintain the edging, cutting, and hedges.
If you want to do it yourself just set up annual reminders on your phone.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

do not get corded anything if you can, as someone that has used a corded mower for 1yr, avoid anything with cords

hedge trimmer? get cordless

string trimmer? get cordless

• 1Dislike

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
do not get corded anything if you can, as someone that has used a corded mower for 1yr, avoid anything with cords

hedge trimmer? get cordless

string trimmer? get cordless

I've already got all that crap. EGO for most of the smaller stuff and just a smaller craftsman gas mower that was cheap.