Home Improvement

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Any recommendations for a high end irrigation controller? Something with lots of features like WiFi etc. Ideally it has a public API so right now looking at hunter hydrawise, Rachio and opensprinkler

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Any recommendations for a high end irrigation controller? Something with lots of features like WiFi etc. Ideally it has a public API so right now looking at hunter hydrawise, Rachio and opensprinkler
how many zones do you have?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok for 10-16 zones then, what would you recommend?
well i'm pretty sure all them have forcast ability so it'll adjust and predict how much rain is in the ground, i personally have used the bhyve with great success, i literally never thought about irrigating my lawn once it was setup and my lawn was green and healthier and filled in. if i were to install another controller it'd be a bhyve, but i might want to play around w/ the rachio since its had the same good reviews.

i hated the old ancient hunter controller that came w/ the house and found it annoying, dunno if i would trust hydrowise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok for 10-16 zones then, what would you recommend?

are you installing the controller yourself? are they gonna wire it all up to your place? is it gonna be inside or outside? didn't you have wifi issues on your lawn? you got an extender?

i didn't have any issues w/ the bhyve, but i did have to default to 2.4 instead of 5g, this was on my old router that wasn't wifi6

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i notice a few drops of water at the base of the toilet bowl, either the wax seal is bad or the tank bolts have gone bad, either way time to get new hardware

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Any suggestions on getting ideas for house colors? House needs repainting. Looking for neutral tones.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any suggestions on getting ideas for house colors? House needs repainting. Looking for neutral tones.
Whatever color you like? Wtf get a wife if you can’t pick colors yourself.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know if kitchen hoods come in sub-standard sizes? My google search doesn't give me anything. Kinda flooded with all kinds of kitchen hoods, but they're all normal sized. My small kitchenette has an induction plate that's 30x60 cm (width x lenght), but I don't want to buy a hood that'll be covering half the counter and cooking plate only takes less than 1/2.

Vinen

God is dead
Anyone know if kitchen hoods come in sub-standard sizes? My google search doesn't give me anything. Kinda flooded with all kinds of kitchen hoods, but they're all normal sized. My small kitchenette has an induction plate that's 30x60 cm (width x lenght), but I don't want to buy a hood that'll be covering half the counter and cooking plate only takes less than 1/2.

I've seen them in the store. I keep searched and just get stuff back in inches -___-

My recollection is your going to need to find a Chinese, Japanese or Korean brand really.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
There are fans that can be installed in your countertop and they suck the air down. I have seen models where they are hidden and pop up while in use and others that are static and flush with the countertop.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what you guys do for these property tags?
west corner  middle backyard property tag.jpg

this is my side of the property, this garden on the fence was already here when i bought (i don't care about the garden, (as you can see its where i blow my extra leafs over), anyway surveyers came over cuz this house is being sold (behind the white fence), and i figured i might as well take pics and get a free survey, might as well. (i looked this up on the gis county and it's pretty much accurate) (took out my old metal detector but it runs on 2x 9v and the ones i had died and i wasn't gonna steal one from a smoke detector and too lazy to drive out to buy em so i amazon'd for tomorrow batteries)

anyway we plan on building a fence once maybe prices aren't crazy, so of course i want to use part of their fence, but it might not be worth it and easier to just build inside, cuz of that corner heres another pic
west corner backyard property second tag.jpg

also their fence is weird as shit, if you see their property tags, it extends further out, but they built the fence like a good 10ft inside.

so anyway i'm thinking it's easier just to build out the fence and encapsulate the whole property, and build through that garden.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 397582

this is my side of the property, this garden on the fence was already here when i bought (i don't care about the garden, (as you can see its where i blow my extra leafs over), anyway surveyers came over cuz this house is being sold (behind the white fence), and i figured i might as well take pics and get a free survey, might as well. (i looked this up on the gis county and it's pretty much accurate) (took out my old metal detector but it runs on 2x 9v and the ones i had died and i wasn't gonna steal one from a smoke detector and too lazy to drive out to buy em so i amazon'd for tomorrow batteries)

anyway we plan on building a fence once maybe prices aren't crazy, so of course i want to use part of their fence, but it might not be worth it and easier to just build inside, cuz of that corner heres another pic
View attachment 397585

also their fence is weird as shit, if you see their property tags, it extends further out, but they built the fence like a good 10ft inside.

so anyway i'm thinking it's easier just to build out the fence and encapsulate the whole property, and build through that garden.
It is probably easement that they can’t build into. Or they can but risk getting their fence destroyed if the city has to dig there to access drainage.

Usually people build their fences 6”-12” into their property line, and people don’t usually connect fences. It probably depends on the neighborhood and the layout though. You can run into property line issues with new owners, or if the neighbor decides they don’t with their fence anymore, etc. My last neighborhood was old and the HOA was lax so people connected fences. There were problems when the city would come out to work on electrical lines and they had to walk four houses away to get there because so many fences were connected.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It is probably easement that they can’t build into. Or they can but risk getting their fence destroyed if the city has to dig there to access drainage.

Usually people build their fences 6”-12” into their property line, and people don’t usually connect fences. It probably depends on the neighborhood and the layout though. You can run into property line issues with new owners, or if the neighbor decides they don’t with their fence anymore, etc. My last neighborhood was old and the HOA was lax so people connected fences. There were problems when the city would come out to work on electrical lines and they had to walk four houses away to get there because so many fences were connected.
yea that house fence and property lines are just weird
120260cff214904721403a4c80dffa0f.png

like if we look at the top, i can see why they made that sharp corner, it's not worth it to so many right angles right? and they were really trying to follow the property line but then at the bottom, it's like wtf?

that bottom fence makes a weird ass trapazoid that takes a huge chunk of property from the other house and even crosses another property a little.

like they were following the lines at the top, then someone became drunk as shit at the bottom

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

like if we look at the top, i can see why they made that sharp corner, it's not worth it to so many right angles right? and they were really trying to follow the property line but then at the bottom, it's like wtf?

that bottom fence makes a weird ass trapazoid that takes a huge chunk of property from the other house and even crosses another property a little.

like they were following the lines at the top, then someone became drunk as shit at the bottom
Yeah I’d be making that person get their shitty fence off my property. That’s way too into it. I’m guessing they did that so you could see the fence from the road and it looks even on both sides. Looks terrible from a top view.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ryobi combo kits half off and stuff at hd, today only

some brushless kits, some hp+ kits and some older kits

oh it's free shipping too if youre lazy, i didn't find anything i was only interested in a 16guage nailer cuz i'm gonna do moulding soon, so i just got that from direct tools instead

• 1Like

Goatface

(i looked this up on the gis county and it's pretty much accurate) (

our gis maps are shit, they even went to a new engine and still shit. they are about 15' shifted to the south. seems odd they would build that house that close to the property line. even in our lax town, have to 8' or 10' gap. do the new stakes follow that same path?

not sure what you are asking about the property tags. in many places you can't move them, only the person that paid for it can.
do they match your paperwork or markers? if you agree with them and don't have metal markers, i would get some 2' to 3' pieces of #8 (i think, the 1" size) rebar and drive them almost all the way into the ground, like only 1/2 in sticking up.

always wonder if you can loose the property outside of your fence if you don't do the upkeep. neighbor 2 houses up left 4' outside their fence. they mowed it and stuff, but after they moved. the new owners didn't, and their neighbor mowed it for like 2 decades, till he passed away and the new owners are taking care of it now.

my town seems to give away property to those that take care of it. on my block, in front of all the houses is the road then a river. on the next block down houses are on both sides of road. the guy that owns the 1st house on the next block mowed about 25' strip of town land for many years. they gave him the entire river bank lot, like all the way past my house, over an acre.

another guy at the far end of my block got 3 skinny lots from the town after keeping it mowed for like a decade.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
our gis maps are shit, they even went to a new engine and still shit. they are about 15' shifted to the south. seems odd they would build that house that close to the property line. even in our lax town, have to 8' or 10' gap. do the new stakes follow that same path?
yea theyre mostly accurate, i made sure to take pics of the neighbor tags (might as well) and heres the tag that goes right through the chunk of backyard they shouldn't own (orange)
521 west tag.jpg

you even see that ugly ass black swing that was on my property, that the old owner moved to this house (cuz theyre friends) but idk, he's not picking it up for 6months.