Home Improvement

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don’t remember if I shared the catio I built a few months ago. I used hardware cloth instead of screen as my cats are assholes. I had the depth extend a few inches proud of the bay window so it wouldn’t block the cat’s view of the other half of the patio.

IMG_5915.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok I need to redo my hobby room storage walls. I've looked at wall control, Ikea stuff and container store. Any other suggestions?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok I need to redo my hobby room storage walls. I've looked at wall control, Ikea stuff and container store. Any other suggestions?
I have wall control
0715231600.jpg

Ive had pegboard in other house and wouldnt trust it with so much weight,

wall control i'm fine w/ (i'm trying to reorganize now, making use of more space)

i woulda done 6 panels, but this garage is small, to the left is an installed bookshelf, and the right is stairs

i had to angle all the screws to make sure they grab the stud

i have the proprietary wall control hangers too, but i literally have a huge box of regular pegboard stuff.

wall control of course cost like 8x more than just a basic 4x8 board from home depot, but i knew i was gonna put a lot of weight on it... it also looks nice

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That looks amazing! I need to look into this. I've always just hand made hangers and such right on a regular wall. But this looks great.
yea if you want to organize tools by hanging, i wouldn't trust a regular pegboard if you plan to pack in like am (that fucking belt sander is heavy, lulz)

once i'm done "finding a place" for the tools, i plan on drawing the outline of the tool, so i know whats missing and where tools belong, which is also a reason i got the wall control, cuz i could easily do that w/ marker. (you can do it on pegboard too, but if you mess up or change your mind, you have repaint the board, while w/ stainless you just use rubbing alcohol)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
yea if you want to organize tools by hanging, i wouldn't trust a regular pegboard if you plan to pack in like am (that fucking belt sander is heavy, lulz)

once i'm done "finding a place" for the tools, i plan on drawing the outline of the tool, so i know whats missing and where tools belong, which is also a reason i got the wall control, cuz i could easily do that w/ marker. (you can do it on pegboard too, but if you mess up or change your mind, you have repaint the board, while w/ stainless you just use rubbing alcohol)

At this point I have pretty much all the tools I'm ever going to have. I can go to the final and outline the tools on the wall.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All my tools have cases. Ive never bought any Ryobi stuff. Do Ryobi's just not come with a permanent case? Or did you just want quick access?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All my tools have cases. Ive never bought any Ryobi stuff. Do Ryobi's just not come with a permanent case? Or did you just want quick access?
dude ryobi is cheap, haha, cases? the only cases i ever got was when i first got a drill/driver combo like 12years ago? some cloth zip up bag and then 1 year ago when i bought a hammerdrill/driver combo, practically the same zip up combo bag.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I found another one called Omni wall, that somewhat interests me more due to accessories

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My stepdad uses this that I liked quite a bit after swearing away regular pegboard. The hangers lock in nicely and it offers much more support and rigidity than the normal brown stuff.

French cleats are big these days and while they don’t look bad, they’re “starting to” feel very trendy and over done. But the good news is there is eventy million YouTube videos to follow along with.

WallPeg 24" x 48" Garage Pegboard Kit (PK-3-B) with Peg Board Panels, Hooks for Tool Organizer, Garage Storage Amazon.com

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My stepdad uses this that I liked quite a bit after swearing away regular pegboard. The hangers lock in nicely and it offers much more support and rigidity than the normal brown stuff.

French cleats are big these days and while they don’t look bad, they’re “starting to” feel very trendy and over done. But the good news is there is eventy million YouTube videos to follow along with.

WallPeg 24" x 48" Garage Pegboard Kit (PK-3-B) with Peg Board Panels, Hooks for Tool Organizer, Garage Storage Amazon.com
Oh that looks nice for lightweight stuff. Kind of unfortunate only 5" shelves for that though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
dude ryobi is cheap, haha, cases? the only cases i ever got was when i first got a drill/driver combo like 12years ago? some cloth zip up bag and then 1 year ago when i bought a hammerdrill/driver combo, practically the same zip up combo bag.
Nah - Not shitting on you. I just dont use my tools enough to have them hanging on the wall. Dewalt tools come with locking tool cases that keeps the tool, the accessories, and any replacements needed. Ive got them all labeled, and stored away. The charging station is about the only thing that stays out, and its portable and goes with me to a job site if I think I'll be there long.

Most everything thats hitting rentals right now is shit I dont want to do. Basements are my fucking worst nightmare this time of year. Seems like I get at least one complaint a week about water getting into a basement. My handyman has a hate love relationship with these jobs. On the one hand, he gets a fat paycheck for each job. But cutting concrete and installing a sump pump, and then using a small excavator on the outside to put up a new barrier on the exterior wall, both of those are labor intensive jobs.

The local foundation companies are making a mint off this kind of work, charging anywhere from 10-15k a piece. Never mind when they need to move a water heater or something. We dont have a warranty on our work, but we're not charging anywhere near that to get the job done. Its not cheap, but 10-15k for this work is outrageous.

Goatface

doubt many people are going to mount it 16" on center like that, but he got 150lbs on a single hole.

iirc rule of thumb is supposed to be 15lbs per hole, 100lb per 4'x4'

=

just hung this 4'x7' piece up yesterday and roughly put stuff on it. bought a 5gallon bucket of those 1/8" 2 prong hooks so trying to use all of them.
20230716_085517.jpg

top is about 6'4" and won't be any tables in front of it. have more room to the left and another sheet and half that might get hung up. my plan is get everything that doesn't need a spot in a tool box on the wall. while a took way to much time for vertical support/stand offs in the middle, i cut a few 4' x strips that fit in between the holes and glued them on.

have something like this for my power tools. i really like it
1689513818637.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah depending on project and workflow I keep most of my stuff on shelf or under shelf in a case or cheap / repurposed bag out of the way. Usually that means having out 2x Ridgid Drills and 1x Impact. That way one can be drilling and pilot holes and one can be driver and I don’t have to switch out the bits constantly. The Impact is a just in case.

Otherwise almost anything else is purely as needed and can be opened up, used, and put away. I’ve toyed with a larger wall mount “station” but am not sure I want to give up the wall space. Something like the below but smaller.

*edit: video is supposed to be exactly what Goatface Goatface posted above but the thumbnail sucks and no idea how to fix that on my phone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nah - Not shitting on you. I just dont use my tools enough to have them hanging on the wall. Dewalt tools come with locking tool cases that keeps the tool, the accessories, and any replacements needed. Ive got them all labeled, and stored away. The charging station is about the only thing that stays out, and its portable and goes with me to a job site if I think I'll be there long.

Most everything thats hitting rentals right now is shit I dont want to do. Basements are my fucking worst nightmare this time of year. Seems like I get at least one complaint a week about water getting into a basement. My handyman has a hate love relationship with these jobs. On the one hand, he gets a fat paycheck for each job. But cutting concrete and installing a sump pump, and then using a small excavator on the outside to put up a new barrier on the exterior wall, both of those are labor intensive jobs.

The local foundation companies are making a mint off this kind of work, charging anywhere from 10-15k a piece. Never mind when they need to move a water heater or something. We dont have a warranty on our work, but we're not charging anywhere near that to get the job done. Its not cheap, but 10-15k for this work is outrageous.
yea i think there are wall hang ppl and there are tool box ppl, like maybe something like the dewalt box system is more your lane
8304a53ab149ac442b1181660942d878.png

Goatface

wished ryobi had put a smaller system like this on go any wheels.
1689527077772.png

really wanted a rolling cart with a slide out bottom bin, that way could have like 3 drawer units on top
damn, with inflation that ryobi 4 piece garage system would be almost $600 today.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wished ryobi had put a smaller system like this on go any wheels.
View attachment 482687
really wanted a rolling cart with a slide out bottom bin, that way could have like 3 drawer units on top
damn, with inflation that ryobi 4 piece garage system would be almost $600 today.
they have, they remade a "link" line for storage
09e6caef7be6a1f5d522719ffc1b088f.png

i think theres a slide out module

its the same for the wall
87c5d800cf95c9372146329a17df22e3.png

it's too expensive imo

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Somebody gave me one of those dewalt stacking toolboxes so I bought a roller box to go with it only to find out that they have two different lines of them and mine aren't compatible. :p

Goatface

Somebody gave me one of those dewalt stacking toolboxes so I bought a roller box to go with it only to find out that they have two different lines of them and mine aren't compatible. :p
if you have the tough system roller and tstak boxes can get an adapter plate for $25
seen mixed reviews.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have wall control
View attachment 482611

Ive had pegboard in other house and wouldnt trust it with so much weight,

wall control i'm fine w/ (i'm trying to reorganize now, making use of more space)

i woulda done 6 panels, but this garage is small, to the left is an installed bookshelf, and the right is stairs

i had to angle all the screws to make sure they grab the stud

i have the proprietary wall control hangers too, but i literally have a huge box of regular pegboard stuff.

wall control of course cost like 8x more than just a basic 4x8 board from home depot, but i knew i was gonna put a lot of weight on it... it also looks nice
I still have some of the blue 18v Ryobi tools. Shit lasts forever. Great choice you made.