Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Starting to look like a spaceport in here. 12 cans on one switch, tell me all about the overload big ern

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Are you being smart and using LED? Add another 50 then worry about overload.

Picasso3

Supposed to size by largest a fixture is rated for, 6" can is 150 watt so 12 put it at 15a

Picasso3

Light on the edge of wall and boxed out beams is going to make this prime regal painting area, maybe about an 8 footer of mary magdalene breastfreding with 18 inch Louis xiv gold trim

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, in the US resi is 120/240 center tapped single phase. Normally 120/208 is 3 phase 4 wire Wye. There are a ton of other variations but those are by far the most common.

I thought that Canada typically had the same voltages and frequency as the US but I could be wrong. Eomer could have meant 120/240 when he said 208, I'm not sure.
I would imagine we're pretty much identical, CAN/US wise. I just don't particularly know fuck all about power, so chalk it up to my ignorance. In any case, you aren't doing a steam generator with 120.

lurkingdirk_sl said:
You don't need to make it pretty, but it feels mighty good when it does look nice. In my last house I did a bathroom on the second floor that had something like 160 solder joints. Did the whole thing and had one leak. That was a freaking success in my mind.
On small diameter stuff, 1/2"-1", you should pretty much never have a leak unless it's an existing system that you couldn't quite get some water out of or something. In any case, the secret to avoiding leaks is proper cleaning and fluxing. On small diameter stuff you shouldn't even need to move the solder around the pipe and fitting; if everything's properly cleaned and fluxed the solder should get drawn around the entire joint without much problem.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I managed to apply the plumber's putty yesterday and it did the trick. It would have been a ton easier of one of the screws holding up the gasket wasn't locked in place. Eventually I had to get a pair of clamps out and unscrew it the hard way. But it seems to have fixed the issue.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just had to redo one side of my sink with plumber's putty too. Felt like the goddamn super hero
To point out how un-handy I am after I put the putty under the sink and stopped the leak we've had for like 6 months my wife started calling me "Mr Fixer" and then wanted to fuck. All because I basically played with some Play-Doh after cursing at a screw for an hour.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I will not be sharing photos of my copper soldering. Plumbing is sneaky expensive compared to elec. 230 bucks tonight on all the shit to hopefully plumb this bathroom and bar sink tonight, 40 bucks in sink shutoff valves
Use CPVC faggot.

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wife wants to paint crown molding white how would this look? It's also so damn expensive, every quote is 12k plus. I'd do it myself but I'm sure I'd only do more damage than anything. Also could use some suggestions on what to do around the porch?
rrr_img_127822.jpg
rrr_img_127823.jpg
rrr_img_127824.jpg
rrr_img_127825.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well your two options are: 1) hire a professional to do it at insane prices because it's detail work 2) break out your michaelangelo and get started painting upside-down.

RE: porch, well probably a railing... but to make it look good I'd do stamped concrete overlay. I think they run between $2-$4/ sq foot

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Overlay meaning just top layer? We just had it poured couple months ago and might stamp it next year. For the outside area though, I'm with you on the rail but what would you suggest where the dirt is? Shrubs, azaleas, bark?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Overlay meaning just top layer? We just had it poured couple months ago and might stamp it next year. For the outside area though, I'm with you on the rail but what would you suggest where the dirt is? Shrubs, azaleas, bark?
Don't you have to stamp the concrete while it's still somewhat wet/unset? I didn't think that was something you could do to a finished, hardened concrete slab