Home Improvement

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I will. I'm about as dense as a turd from McCheese's ass when it comes to this stuff. At least I know to shut off the water before doing it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah I will. I'm about as dense as a turd from McCheese's ass when it comes to this stuff. At least I know to shut off the water before doing it
That's an excellent start.
smile.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm gonna call my left arm Tannerite and my right arm Thermite because this bitch be gone:

rrr_img_130062.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Don't think so, confirmed it's a shiny xylosma and they are very susceptible to main root damage.

I'm going to dig out a few of the rest of the roots but it shouldn't come back.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Salt normally works well on what is left if it tries to hang on or come back, cheap and effective.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got the pieces of pipe I needed (actually, there was a kit), but I accidentally bought the wrong size pipe for the filter tube to go into (needed 1/4, got 3/8), DOH.

I found the leak stopped if I closed the valve anyways. We don't even use the fridge water or ice maker so it will be like 9 years before I even fix it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I got the pieces of pipe I needed (actually, there was a kit), but I accidentally bought the wrong size pipe for the filter tube to go into (needed 1/4, got 3/8), DOH.

I found the leak stopped if I closed the valve anyways. We don't even use the fridge water or ice maker so it will be like 9 years before I even fix it.
Our ice maker broke a couple years ago, and we just decided we'll wait and get a new fridge rather than repairing it.

In the meantime...Sonic Ice! You can buy bags of ice at Sonic and it's the greatest thing ever.
CFoNTc2UMAAwiNm.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
We don't even use the fridge water or ice maker so it will be like 9 years before I even fix it.
I half do that because it pisses my dad off. He's the kind of guy that fixes something, no matter how trivial, right away. One of my horizontal pipes has a crack running the length of the pipe(~1.5 ft), I just wrapped in that tape that's backed with aluminum, it's been holding just fine.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't have bought a home.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Our ice maker broke a couple years ago, and we just decided we'll wait and get a new fridge rather than repairing it.

In the meantime...Sonic Ice! You can buy bags of ice at Sonic and it's the greatest thing ever.
CFoNTc2UMAAwiNm.png
God is great. Sonic is opening april 13th

I don't use Ice in anything, we don't even use the ice maker. Pretty sure the ice in it has been in there for 3 years now.

I did use the water, but I noticed towards the end of the filter life we would get a tiny drop of black sludge every once in awhile so i stopped using it and just use the Brita.

The Brita that my goddamn wife LEAVES EMPTY EVERY GODDAMN DAY

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I did use the water, but I noticed towards the end of the filter life we would get a tiny drop of black sludge every once in awhile so i stopped using it and just use the Brita.

I bought one of the Brita jugs at the grocery store like a year ago and used it well past when the change filter light came on. Then for like the next 6-8 months I'd go down the aisle where the filters were and they'd never have the filter refills. I know I could buy the refill elsewhere, or online, but them selling the starter but not the refill just chaps my ass. I still have it sitting in the back of my fridge with water in it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You think that chaps your ass? A lot of stores around here no longer sell soda stream stuff, including CO2 refills.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well it's weird...they technically sell them, they just never have any in stock. I'd be less miffed if they quit selling them entirely and took away the shelf space and price tag that is there for them.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
100% for Sonic ice.
Our well water tastes like farts, I will not drink it, I will not make ice with it. I am more than happy to spend 1.95 on some ice happiness.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
God is great. Sonic is opening april 13th

I don't use Ice in anything, we don't even use the ice maker. Pretty sure the ice in it has been in there for 3 years now.

We considered a fridge with ice maker and a water line going into it but decided against it. It's not that hot here, we use ice maybe 2 months out of the year, can't imagine it being good to have water in the pipe for that long.

On the brita filter jugs, funny story, I used to work at the local climbing gym on the side and they had a brita jug to fill the coffee machine with.
Only problem: there was no filter in it.
The boss's wife still insisted you HAVE TO run the water through the jug because reasons.

What a stupid cunt.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
We're expecting our second child in mid april. Due to time constraints thanks to my job and helping my parents move and such i finally got to work on the baby room. For my firstborn i made a big mural with a map of neverland. But this time i wanted to go bigger. I always loved the pandaren picture that Samwise once made, the tranquility of that drawing was great, and when i knew i was going to have a baby girl i knew i had to paint it. I only adjusted the colors pretty much to make it brighter and more vibrant.

So i grabbed my beamer, had to refit the drawing 5 times (measuring that shit out suuuucks) drew it on the wall and then started airbrushing. The linework took a day, the coloring was horrible. My air compressor wasn't big enough to deliver enough air for my HVLP gun so i had to do everything with my airbrush. All....this....blue.... omg. But after a few long days this is the result....got a bigger compressor i could borrow from a friend to make the blue a lot smoother, i will get to that this weekend.

I am very happy with the end result. The furniture is built too, and little butterflies and dragonflies on the drawers and headrest of the crib to make it all fit.

Here's the wall, it's 9.5 feet wide by 7.5 feet tall

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That is cool, but what is that metal pipe-thing on the left, and why does the door look like an industrial door or from an interrogation room?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Those pipes could be running to a steam radiator under the window, but I dunno, just guessing. My #2 guess would be just cold/hot water supply.

Could be anything though. It's the Nederlands

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is cool, but what is that metal pipe-thing on the left, and why does the door look like an industrial door or from an interrogation room?
I was wondering the same thing, is this some room you lock the kid in when they scream so no one hears it?